Introductions

• 1851 replies
Re: Introductions
« Reply #810 on: February 14, 2009, 01:39:03 AM »
Welcome all you new kids!

Uh, Rattie, you getting PMs? Shouldn't be yet...

I live in one of those places where very few people speak English. It is fun, but can be trying at times too.

Dude! You're from DENMARK. Blive jeres leder ud af imellem jeres bagdel. bibibibibi

I was talking about Linan, Jefe....mmm...translation: become your leader out of between your backside....yes...Since just seeing Danish on this forum makes my heart do a happy dance, I'll applaud and simply ask: shenme?
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

"It's all oojah cum spiffy". Bertie Wooster.
"The stars are God's daisy chain" Madeleine Bassett.

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
  • "Be specific if you order the mushrooms!"
« Reply #811 on: February 14, 2009, 09:28:39 AM »
Would "Pull yer head out of your ass!" also work there? uuuuuuuuuu
I know you were talking about Lin'an, but you aren't from an English-speaking country in the first place, you know. Blive jeres etc. etc. etc. ahahahahah

Note to self: Find different English-Danish translation site. kkkkkkkkkk
« Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 09:37:51 AM by Raoul Duke »
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

"Here in China we aren't just teaching...
we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
« Reply #812 on: February 14, 2009, 10:06:22 AM »
OK, try this: Hiv din hoved af din bagdel!

If that don't do it, you can sut mine rådne løg. This was a helluva lot of work; no wonder the alcoholism and suicide rates are so high. bibibibibi
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)

« Reply #813 on: February 15, 2009, 08:51:39 PM »
Hmmm...maybe we should start a "Danish 101" thread? Hive mit hoved ud af røven....right..good. Sutte mine rådne løg...excellent  :respect: men så kan du få en røv at trutte i, klaphat.

offtopic indeed we are.

Back to introductions...
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
« Reply #814 on: February 15, 2009, 10:17:19 PM »
Well, you've gone beyond my translator's capabilities with that last one, Bæskubber... mmmmmmmmmm

« Reply #815 on: February 16, 2009, 02:42:29 AM »
Skidespræller! klaptorsk! Dumrian! Hundehoved! Hængerøv! Of course your poxy little translator cannot handle the numerous and subtle aspects of the most important lanuguage in the universe cgcgcgcgcg  agagagagag agagagagag

Professor Eric the Red's renowned Galactic Academy for Danish Students will soon be open for business. Tuition fee is one bottle of whisky or directions to a bar where the girls have really low standards. agagagagag

George

• My view of China
« Reply #816 on: February 16, 2009, 02:49:37 AM »
or directions to a bar where the girls have really low standards.
ahahahahah ahahahahah ahahahahah
And Danes are REALLY LOW on the Standards Register!! ahahahahah ahahahahah ahahahahah
The higher they fly, the fewer!    http://neilson.aminus3.com/

« Reply #817 on: February 16, 2009, 03:15:59 AM »
No, no...just me...

George

• My view of China
« Reply #818 on: February 16, 2009, 03:23:44 AM »
Sorry. I was generalizationing again. Silly me!! bibibibibi

Borkya

« Reply #819 on: February 16, 2009, 09:22:09 AM »
Hi everyone!

As the latest member of this cafe, I thought I should introduce myself!
I'm a teacher newbie planning on heading over to China next fall with my husband for the first time. We're hoping to teach somewhere in hangzhou (any recommendations are MORE than welcome) for 6 months to possibly a year.

I'm not a die hard like a lot of you, but I've been learning Mandarin for close to 2 years...well, attempting to anyway...and am really looking forward to getting to know the Chinese culture.

Now, if only I could find the perfect school I'd be all set!

George

• My view of China
« Reply #820 on: February 16, 2009, 11:08:17 AM »
Welcome aboard, Borkya. Please remember this is a SALOON, not a cafe!!! kkkkkkkkkk
Now, if only I could find the perfect school I'd be all set!
Wouldn't we all!!
No school is perfect..they all have problems...big ones, small ones...in-between ones.
Best to hope for is a school with little problems that you can handle. Like, say, you went to a school that employed Ericthered. I'm sure you could handle that small problem! agagagagag agagagagag agagagagag

babala

« Reply #821 on: February 16, 2009, 12:40:22 PM »
Welcome Borkya.

I'm not a die hard like a lot of you, but I've been learning Mandarin for close to 2 years...well, attempting to anyway...and am really looking forward to getting to know the Chinese culture.

Err... that is way ahead of what I did before coming to China. I learned "Ni Hao" on the airplane over bibibibibi
Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. Homer Simpson

Borkya

« Reply #822 on: February 16, 2009, 12:45:20 PM »
Well, I live in NH, so learning chinese from a real live chinese person required a 2 hour drive for a 2 hour class. (which sucked, especially in winter) I even did it for a whole year, but for the past year I have been doing "independant study" aka livemocha.com, and Pimsleur and yes, I even got "hooked on Chinese" (from the hooked on Phonics people--I got it at a discount store for cheap) which is for ages 4-8, but you know, I take the learning where I can get it.

Thanks for the welcomes! bhbhbhbhbh (By the way I love the smileys on this board!)

DaDan

• Yeppers! We`be livin now!
« Reply #823 on: February 16, 2009, 12:53:56 PM »
did we know that near All calico cats are female?
me pappy sayd... 
Once ya get past the smell... ...:P ... `You got it licked...

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
« Reply #824 on: February 16, 2009, 01:12:58 PM »
Welcome Borkya!
Fergit the Chinese...how's yer Danish? (I hope it's not very good; that Erc is one nasty MoFo...)