Apple a day thread

• 0 replies

icebear

• ????
Apple a day thread
« on: January 02, 2008, 03:53:24 AM »
Its cool to see that an increasing number of heads here are running MaxOSX, which I've been rocking for about 2 years. The old MacBook was increasingly not viable for playing with the HD video I take skateboarding, and I got a 15" MacBook Pro during the holidays. The thing absolutely SCREAMS.  bfbfbfbfbf Many of the changes in Leopard are nice as well.

Got hooked up as well this this piece of software, EarthDesk, which makes your desktop a live image of the globe, with accurate lighting, cloud movements, etc. Really cool desktop - maybe not worth the $20 it normally costs, but I think there are free alternatives as well.

http://www.xericdesign.com/earthdesk.php

Guys know any good games for the Mac? I know Bootcamp is an option to run Windows games, but I don't really have any interest in going that route, especially with Office 2008 to be released imminently for Mac. I know the thread is a bit out of the scope of this forum, but I'd rather not go trudging through all sorts of other forums.

Re: Apple a day thread
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2008, 06:43:29 AM »
No, we need this!  I started the For Idiots thread, so now this one can talk about stuff real users understand.
And there is no liar like the indignant man... -Nietszche

Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task. -William James

englishmoose.com