Look OK? Comments Invited

• 10 replies

AMonk

Look OK? Comments Invited
« on: January 26, 2008, 11:49:46 PM »
I spotted this one, and wondered "What Would George Say?"...he is still in Jinan, isn't he?  No, George.  Not specially for you.  I was thinking of querying for me.  To visit and check out next year.

http://www.eslteachersboard.com/cgi-bin/China/index.pl?read=78231
Moderation....in most things...

Re: Look OK? Comments Invited
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2008, 12:37:27 AM »
Lot of work - 25 hrs/week plus extra stuff.

Teaching with Chinese person present - sucks.

Almost NO holidays.  Sucks.  They get 3 days for Spring Festival.  I get 5 weeks plus.  I also got a week for for New Years - they get 1 day.  Can't remember the rest but you will be exhausted.

Pay is fairly good.  Pay for 12 months is good, but then you work for 12 months too.
Be kind to dragons for thou are crunchy when roasted and taste good with brie.

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
  • "Be specific if you order the mushrooms!"
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2008, 01:16:21 AM »
I wouldn't use "querying" and "George" in the same sentence. The charges are still pending. uuuuuuuuuu

The job doesn't look too bad...basically adding flavor to a class taught by a Chinese teacher. With kids this age, a Chinese teacher in the room with you is GOOD...practically a must. The hours are a bit long for the salary but not inconceivable. The holidays are light...but starting this year ALL public-school holidays will be lighter.

Make SURE the apartment is fully private...not just a "private bedroom" dodge.
Make sure that by "Z Visa" they really mean "Residence Permit".

For the last few years kids in Jinan have been...uh...easily spooked. Can't imagine why. uuuuuuuuuu
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

"Here in China we aren't just teaching...
we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)

George

• My view of China
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2008, 02:04:43 PM »
Got the thumbs down from the Babe. It's another "Training School". She says it's probably worse than Aston.
The higher they fly, the fewer!    http://neilson.aminus3.com/

AMonk

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2008, 02:18:25 PM »
And the Babe would know!!  Please pass along my "Thanks".  I shall owe her a couple of  agagagagag.

Acjade

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2008, 05:47:30 PM »
She says it's probably worse than Aston.

I popped into Aston yesterday to return a copy of Anna Karenina to it's rightful owner and immediately wanted to throw up. Talk about corporatization of education. Downright ridiculous. In the office there's a sign on the wall that tells people not to talk because it distracts them from their work. I thought it was really funny and started laughing. A touch of hysteria no doubt but when the institution exists to promote language which is really communication and there's these po-faced westerners sitting zombie-like at their terminals...

So back on topic... if this place is worse than Aston, AMonk...run for the hills and don't look back for fear that a great greedy franchised school owner will turn you into a dancing white monkey.

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2008, 09:35:42 PM »
Oh, Ghod. Don't even get me started on Aston... oooooooooo

If Babe says it's worse than Aston, I would take her seriously.
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)

AMonk

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2008, 09:45:55 PM »
If Babe says it's worse than Aston, I would take her seriously.

Oh, I do.  I do.  Feet are moving..away....go...going.....running.....GONE.

George

• My view of China
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2008, 01:28:26 PM »
Here's a new one......
Have 4,000 years of history, Jinan, is an important birthplace of Chinese civilization is one of the first countries announced historical and cultural city.
College location: Jinan city, Jinan beautiful scenery and numerous springs, the city 72-chuen, an Chung, particularly Baotu Spring, Powered, among other things, five Longtan four Quanqun's renowned, ancient enjoy "every household springs, rural weeping willow," Fitch.
Now we need 3 native english teacher join us

From TeslJobs.com......
What's "Fitch"??

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2008, 01:20:56 AM »
Must be a typo. Probably meant "Bitch"...a common title for residents of Jinan. ahahahahah
« Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 10:11:45 AM by Raoul Duke »

George

• My view of China
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2008, 08:44:15 AM »
meat "Bitch"...

Maybe a typo, although it's so common among residents of Suzhou, one can't be sure!! ahahahahah

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2008, 10:11:08 AM »
Oh, be quiet, Bitch. ahahahahah ahahahahah ahahahahah