• My view of China
Re: Movie/film thread: resurrected
« Reply #705 on: June 20, 2008, 12:34:23 AM »
lotta money in garbage!
Notice that I agreed with you, Squirrel!! bibibibibi
The higher they fly, the fewer!    http://neilson.aminus3.com/

« Reply #706 on: June 20, 2008, 01:28:13 AM »
Hmmm....ouch...damn..bugger...*Hops around trying to extricate foot from mouth, mumbled swearing as other foot steps in It and the It smells bad, trips over chair and lands in pathetic heap, groaning miserably, whilst an errant parrot proceeds to jump up and down on head screaming *stupid!Rawrk! Can't read for toffee!Rawrk!Stupid! Rawrk!'and then passes out, right foot still partly wedged in oral orifice*.....
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

"It's all oojah cum spiffy". Bertie Wooster.
"The stars are God's daisy chain" Madeleine Bassett.

AMonk

« Reply #707 on: June 20, 2008, 01:32:59 AM »
I couldn't be bothered to watch "The DaVinci Code"...and I like Tom Hanks!  I had bought the book, hoping to see what all the fuss was about, and ended up bored almost to tears.  Nothing new - a rehash of Sacred Blood, Holy Grail - and no real heart-pumping drama, suspense or excitement.
Moderation....in most things...

« Reply #708 on: June 20, 2008, 01:40:34 AM »
Or long words, intricate plot, surprises or anything that denotes quality. It's just very sad that I'm not wholly surprised at the popularity in attained. I had the same bored feeling when I watched "National Treasure" 1 and 2. Apart from the fact that I find it completely unbelieveable that a professional treasure hunter and historian, whose main field on interest is the period 1700-1900 has not bothered to learn French, a rather important language for that particular period, the movies were just dumb. Plain old dumb. I'm sorry, but when it comes to interesting historical skulduggery, secret societies and hidden pathways, America is the last country I turn to. And I despise that Cage twit, who is blessed with the acting talent of a thick oak plank.

Literature, in its bastard mongrel form, lives on. Belle Lettres, that concept is, if not dead, on severe life support.
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

decurso

• Chinese Rocks
« Reply #709 on: June 22, 2008, 11:26:46 PM »
 Just watched Zombie Strippers. Never thought I'd see the day Jenna Jameson and Robert Englund would be co-stars. Frankly, this is a movie that anyone who would take the time to watch can not complain about. It promises to deliver two things-zombies and strippers. So lets see...undead zombies devouring the flesh of the living in exceedingly gory fashion? Check. Hot, large breasted women taking off their clothes on a regular basis? Check. If movies can be judged based on whether they deliver what they promise, then this would be up for some oscars.  bfbfbfbfbf

« Reply #710 on: June 23, 2008, 12:01:14 AM »
Watched The Jumper and 10000B.C. I liked them.

« Reply #711 on: June 23, 2008, 04:38:29 AM »
Any 80's film buffs here?
Just bought 'Dragonslayer', 'Clash OF The Titans' and the Mad Max trilogies...
On DVD-19,  bibibibibi
which either no one knows about or are not very f*cking interested in...  bbbbbbbbbb

« Reply #712 on: June 23, 2008, 07:05:25 PM »
Watched The Jumper and 10000B.C. I liked them.

aoaoaoaoao
It is too early to say.

« Reply #713 on: June 23, 2008, 07:05:54 PM »
Hey Eric - have you seen Lord of War, Adaptation or Leaving Las Vegas?  All quality films with Cage in.
It is too early to say.

« Reply #714 on: June 23, 2008, 09:03:12 PM »
It's not the quality of the film I despair of, it's the quality of the acting. I honestly think Cage is an overrated hack. Personally, I think he's a worse actor than Cruise and Angelina Jolie and Ben Afleck combined and since those three couldn't act their way out of a speeding ticket, that says something.
Lord of War was preachy, Adaptation is one of the few movies I have walked out on and Leaving Las Vegas did nothing for me. If I want to see miserable drunks throw their life away for no reason, I can go to a square downtown and watch the wretches who are always to be found there, semi-lucid and pie-eyed before noon.

Lotus Eater

• buk-buk..b'kaaaawww!
« Reply #715 on: June 23, 2008, 09:09:00 PM »
It's not the quality of the film I despair of, it's the quality of the acting. I honestly think Cage is an overrated hack. Personally, I think he's a worse actor than Cruise and Angelina Jolie and Ben Afleck combined and since those three couldn't act their way out of a speeding ticket, that says something.
Lord of War was preachy, Adaptation is one of the few movies I have walked out on and Leaving Las Vegas did nothing for me. If I want to see miserable drunks throw their life away for no reason, I can go to a square downtown and watch the wretches who are always to be found there, semi-lucid and pie-eyed before noon.

Do I understand you didn't like those movies??  ahahahahah

« Reply #716 on: June 23, 2008, 09:13:24 PM »
Yep, that is correct. I did not.

Lotus Eater

• buk-buk..b'kaaaawww!
« Reply #717 on: June 24, 2008, 04:13:29 AM »
Watched PS I love you this afternoon.  Nice chick flick.

Then tonight watched Jack Nicholson and Mrogan Freeman in "The Bucket List".  Nice gentle movie as well.

« Reply #718 on: June 24, 2008, 09:30:10 AM »
Since the thread seems to be about bad movies, please allow me to mention one underrated actress and her extensive body (emphasis on body) of work:  Sybil Danning!

I think most guys around my age (i.e. 39) remember her from the 80's.  And we would all agree it is a true travesty of justice that the Academy willfully ignored her year after year. 

After all, they have awards for Best Foreign Film, Cinematographer, Director, etc.  But no award for BEST WOMEN'S PRISON FILM! 

Lotus Eater

• buk-buk..b'kaaaawww!
« Reply #719 on: June 28, 2008, 06:22:36 AM »
Brad Pitt version of 7 years in T't.

Interesting even if not faithful to the book.