Movie/film thread: resurrected

• 2327 replies
Re: Movie/film thread: resurrected
« Reply #465 on: January 09, 2008, 10:42:50 PM »
I read about that. The movie showed trash, brothels and such, apparently this gives a wrong impression of China...yep, totally agree....no brothels or trash or public laundry hanging about or filthy restaurants to be found in China...nope, none...
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

"It's all oojah cum spiffy". Bertie Wooster.
"The stars are God's daisy chain" Madeleine Bassett.

« Reply #466 on: January 09, 2008, 11:34:37 PM »
Can you see me into gay movies?   aoaoaoaoao

Bumming around - also with a bit of homelessness thrown in.

Hahahaha - just checking ;) Could have been a documentary about elicit homosexuality in China or something :D
It is too early to say.

« Reply #467 on: January 09, 2008, 11:35:24 PM »
I read about that. The movie showed trash, brothels and such, apparently this gives a wrong impression of China...yep, totally agree....no brothels or trash or public laundry hanging about or filthy restaurants to be found in China...nope, none...
ahahahahah ahahahahah ahahahahah ahahahahah ahahahahah ahahahahah ahahahahah ahahahahah bkbkbkbkbk
It is too early to say.

AMonk

« Reply #468 on: January 10, 2008, 12:29:31 AM »
Can you see me into gay movies?   

Nope.  Me neither......however I do have one "gay" film, Bent, on my shelves, amongst my War selections.  Excellent movie, IMHO.
Moderation....in most things...

« Reply #469 on: January 10, 2008, 11:39:20 PM »
Watched the Futurama movie last night.  A riot- I'm glad they're back.
And there is no liar like the indignant man... -Nietszche

Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task. -William James

englishmoose.com

« Reply #470 on: January 11, 2008, 01:02:19 AM »
The makers of Lost in Beijing have been banned from making films for two years...

If only we could take that kind of action with Adam Sandler.

With the exception of The Wedding Singer and Punch-Drunk Love.

And from a British point of view, Hugh bloody Grant.
It is too early to say.

« Reply #471 on: January 11, 2008, 01:10:25 AM »
Now, now, be nice. Hugh Grant is funny. After having been down to my local Blockbuster recently, I am now convinced that 97% of the people making movies in Hollywood should not only be barred from ever doing so again but that a special space colony on the dark side of the moon should be constructed to house these individuals.
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

Acjade

« Reply #472 on: January 11, 2008, 01:11:41 AM »
Hugh Grant can put his slippers under my bed any night. As long as he leaves in the morning.

Shroomy

« Reply #473 on: January 11, 2008, 03:35:39 AM »
Sad, but true.  As many disgusting things as he's done, I could look at him all day.  You want to attract a certain age of woman, you just put on the Hugh Grant DVD.
Back home and still confused about what the locals are saying.

Lotus Eater

• buk-buk..b'kaaaawww!
« Reply #474 on: January 11, 2008, 03:49:57 AM »
Hugh Grant is funny. 

Funny peculiar.  Hugh Grant is NOT my type.  For me he comes across as too effete.

Now Pierce Brosnan ....
 Yummy!

And Johnny Depp ....

MMmm...

kcanuck

• Canadian Stop Sign
« Reply #475 on: January 11, 2008, 04:09:16 AM »
Sean Connery does it for me.

I just watched a quirky and entertaining film with Micheal Douglas called King of California.  It's a father-daughter relationship thing but the parental role is reversed.     
I am still learning. Michelangelo

Shroomy

« Reply #476 on: January 11, 2008, 04:11:06 AM »
Sounds interesting.  I don't mind Michael Douglas, either.  Where did you get it?  Can I borrow it in Feb?
Back home and still confused about what the locals are saying.

« Reply #477 on: January 11, 2008, 04:27:38 AM »
I dislike Hugh Grant and most of his output because it all plays into the convenient stereotypes that people from certain other countries have about Britons: that we're all either one extreme (posho like him) or the other (really bad cockney accents).
It is too early to say.

« Reply #478 on: January 11, 2008, 04:47:35 AM »
I don't think he is British at all. I have never seen a movie with him in which he sits in a pub, drinking lager, eating crisps and shouts obscenities at some televised football game. That's what I learned to do during my one year at Manchester Metropolitan.

I still think he is funny. Especially in movies where he is so delightfully shallow. "About a boy" is one of my all time favourites. I know, it's about as manly to admit to that as it is to admit attending jazzercize classes or really digging knitting...

woza

« Reply #479 on: January 11, 2008, 04:59:50 AM »
Since I have discovered bit torrent i don't buy DVDs anymore and satellite TV is so lame.  How will people make money from entertainment if I can get it for free.