Movie/film thread: resurrected

• 2327 replies
Re: Movie/film thread: resurrected
« Reply #300 on: September 28, 2007, 02:28:02 AM »
TV show, actually: Num3ers.  It's doing for Math what macGiver did for engineering: making it sexy.  I'm really enjoying it.
And there is no liar like the indignant man... -Nietszche

Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task. -William James

englishmoose.com

« Reply #301 on: September 28, 2007, 02:38:17 AM »
Numbers is my favourite show.  agagagagag agagagagag  I also like house and CSI.
Be kind to dragons for thou are crunchy when roasted and taste good with brie.

AMonk

« Reply #302 on: September 28, 2007, 09:01:03 AM »
Criminal Minds.....the FBI has a Behavioural Analysis Unit....profiling and catching the worst cases...
Moderation....in most things...

kcanuck

• Canadian Stop Sign
« Reply #303 on: September 28, 2007, 11:37:07 AM »
House is still my favourite.  There's also a new one called Saving Grace with Holly Hunter.  This is a whole different take on celestial beings, including a woman who is fighting
'saving' every step.  Cops, an inmate on death row, sex and an angel...go figure.
I am still learning. Michelangelo

« Reply #304 on: September 28, 2007, 03:12:34 PM »
Criminal minds and Saving Grace aren't available in China. At least not on AXN which is the only cable channel with TV programs.
Be kind to dragons for thou are crunchy when roasted and taste good with brie.

« Reply #305 on: September 28, 2007, 03:50:46 PM »
fav movies:

the good, the bad and the ugly.
scarface
schindler's list
gladiator
braveheart

and a few others but these make the top ten

Bugalugs

• If we are what we eat, I'm easy, fast, and cheap.
« Reply #306 on: September 28, 2007, 05:15:21 PM »
Just finished watching the 3rd series of Dr Who, I'm now on the look out for Torchwood. Bought MacGyver for my little brother so am checking that out and also looking at Men In Trees. Was gonna buy Criminal Minds but it will have to wait till my next dvd shopping trip, probably tomorrow or Sunday. Also has anyone seen the new BBC series of Robin Hood available here, my mum recommended it but i have yet to find it.

Am no hanging out for Lost 4, PrisonBreak 3, Weeds 3 and Desperate Housewives. Also have been watching Bones series 1 and 2, it's good but not as good as the books.
Good girls are made from sugar and spice, I am made from Vodka and ice

Do you have and ID Ten T error??

kcanuck

• Canadian Stop Sign
« Reply #307 on: September 29, 2007, 12:01:37 PM »
DS, I download Saving Grace and all my other series, like House and Grey's Anatomy...the new season premiere of CSI is downloading as I type.  Check out thepiratebay.org, go to tv shows and voila, a veritable couch potato smorgasborg.It takes awhile to get stuff downloaded though.

By the way, has anyone been successful at connecting to Demonoid lately?
« Last Edit: September 29, 2007, 12:03:32 PM by kcanuck »
I am still learning. Michelangelo

Mr Nobody

• This isn't Kansas, Toto.
« Reply #308 on: September 29, 2007, 01:47:21 PM »
I asked the same question on another thread. Noodles said that rumour has it that it's been shut down by court order or some such.

Hopefully, they will go elsewhere.

Demonoid is dead, long live Demonoid.
Just another roadkill on the information superhighway.

Lotus Eater

• buk-buk..b'kaaaawww!
« Reply #309 on: October 05, 2007, 01:27:39 AM »
Just finished all of Six Feet Under.  I enjoyed the 1st season - interesting in approach, and enough humour to leaven the process.  But the last 3 seasons became less and less interesting - tried way too hard to be profound, deep - took itself way too seriously, the humour was lost and some of the plot lines made no sense and the behaviours became too convoluted to be believable.

woza

« Reply #310 on: October 06, 2007, 01:12:15 AM »
We have started using, bit torrent to download movies and TV shows, at the moment we are downloanding Larry Sanders and I Claudius.
I watched I kill you, what a load of rubbish. I have written a stern letter to the Ben Kingsly fan club, something along the lines, that a man who plays the part of Mr Ghandi should even have entertained the thought of playing such a part.  I excused him for Sexy Beast cause he was great in that and died in the end   America is coming up with a lot movies, TV shows that are sending out the message that it is OK to kill people.
What kind of messages are we sending out to the younger generation or for that matter to the older generation, they are impressionable too.

« Reply #311 on: October 06, 2007, 04:59:29 AM »
House of Sand and Fog is another blinding film with Kingsley in.  He has to be one of the most versatile actors ever.
It is too early to say.

« Reply #312 on: October 06, 2007, 07:57:47 PM »
Last night I watched Babel.  Pretty good.

The other day Watched Panic Room, which was definitely the worst film Fincher has done.  Not actually bad, just not up to the very high standards of Fight Club, Seven, Alien 3, Zodiac, etc...
It is too early to say.

« Reply #313 on: October 06, 2007, 11:25:58 PM »
I liked the last Harry Potter movie.

Acjade

« Reply #314 on: October 06, 2007, 11:29:21 PM »
The Order of the Phoenix?

I would have loved it but I couldn't see anything. The whole film was so dark that the first pirated copies were a waste of yen. Will look out a legit. copy.