Movie/film thread: resurrected

• 2327 replies

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
Re: Movie/film thread: resurrected
« Reply #1395 on: April 13, 2011, 05:54:45 PM »
Watched the first half of Full Metal Jacket with my darling wife last night.  If we have time tonight, she finally gets to find out where "Me love you long time" comes from. ahahahahah
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

« Reply #1396 on: April 14, 2011, 12:52:43 AM »
I just watched Rango...am going to make gf watch several westerns, especially the ones with mr. Eastwood and then that movie...it was fun, despite the luke-warm reception it got from critics.
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

"It's all oojah cum spiffy". Bertie Wooster.
"The stars are God's daisy chain" Madeleine Bassett.

old34

« Reply #1397 on: April 14, 2011, 02:35:11 AM »
They just posted the first three seasons of Big Bang Theory on the school's intranet. Have to download it per episode. Speed per episode is.....wait, let me check...

20 seconds for Season 1 Episode 1.

Last week, walking walking by one of the Chinese teacher's classrooms, I saw she was showing this. On my QQ, I've seen a couple of students mention in their status message that they are TBBT fans.

I guess it's the new Friends.

Off to watch S1E1.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad. - B. O'Driscoll.
TIC is knowing that, in China, your fruit salad WILL come with cherry tomatoes AND all slathered in mayo. - old34.

fox

« Reply #1398 on: April 21, 2011, 10:07:39 PM »
Four lions.  hilarious especially if you can appreciate british humour.
regard man as a mine rich in gems of inestimable value.

piglet

• Piglet's House
« Reply #1399 on: April 22, 2011, 09:30:00 AM »
Oh yeah four lions was a riot.I also enjoyed all those Pakistani in the UK ones,but I've forgotten what they were called. There was one called "My Son the Fanatic" or something.
For people who like peace and quiet - a phoneless cord

« Reply #1400 on: April 22, 2011, 01:34:00 PM »
I just watched "Four Lions"...it was hilarious...especially when Omar curses in Urdu or whatever language it is... agagagagag agagagagag
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

"It's all oojah cum spiffy". Bertie Wooster.
"The stars are God's daisy chain" Madeleine Bassett.

« Reply #1401 on: May 06, 2011, 06:23:33 PM »
four lions was kinda funny. Apparently there's a sequel to East is East coming out too, if you're into the post colonial kinda comedies.

Anyway, the reason I decided to take time out of my busy lunch hour, is to say just how bloody awesome Master Chef is. I love it, and it's really nice to see such awesome looking food after eating rice constantly for months. I wish they'd do a Master Chef China

« Reply #1402 on: May 06, 2011, 09:35:00 PM »
Hey James, would scorpions be on the menu?  ahahahahah

« Reply #1403 on: May 11, 2011, 06:25:41 AM »
nonononono

piglet

• Piglet's House
« Reply #1404 on: May 11, 2011, 07:47:27 PM »
Ah East is East I love that! How about "Goodness Gracious Me" James ?

« Reply #1405 on: May 11, 2011, 11:42:47 PM »
I believe it is actually pronounced "Jam-es" as in "Hey Jam-es, bring me the blandest thing on the menu!!"

For all you VPN ppl...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpStoROu0XE
Arse end of nowhere...across from the renegade province.

"Liberty is the right to tell people what they don't want to hear" - George Orwell

piglet

• Piglet's House
« Reply #1406 on: May 12, 2011, 12:43:36 AM »
What's the Blandest thing you've got on the menu,Ja-mes?"
 akakakakak akakakakak

A-Train

« Reply #1407 on: May 19, 2011, 11:34:48 AM »
Just finished "Treme".  Set in New Orleans, LA right after Katrina.  Takes awhile to warm up, but the last two episodes were great.  The depiction of the "Indian" culture during Mardi Gras and St. Joseph's Day was truly enlighening and inspired.
"The young do not know enough to be prudent, and therefore attempt the impossible and achieve it, generation after generation.

Pearl S. Buck

« Reply #1408 on: June 17, 2011, 10:52:38 AM »
Have recently seen two movies which I really recommend. "Snowtown" is an Australian movie about John Bunting, Australia's most notorious serial killer. As described by one of the movie critics, it is "an absolutely mesmerising, uncompromising crime movie masterpiece"

The other movie was "Oranges and Sunshine" by the producer of "The king's Speech" was also a powerful real life story. It is an extraordinary TRUE story of the child migrants, one of the most significant social scandals of our time. Children were taken from England and sent to Australia. Some of you may have read the book "Empty Cradles" by Margaret Humphrey.

I see about three new movies a week, but I am rarely touched by any of them. These two are really worth seeing, particularly by the Aussies and Brits out there. bfbfbfbfbf

piglet

• Piglet's House
« Reply #1409 on: June 17, 2011, 09:17:47 PM »
written it down,Granny. There was a similar weird true incident here in Israel in the 1950's where Yemenite children were purportedly stolen away from their parents and given to white Ashkenazi couples who were childless. There have been countless attempts to find out if this really happened or not, but nobody seems to know.Reminds me a bit of Rabbit-Proof Fence.