Taking Photos.

• 75 replies
Re: Taking Photos.
« Reply #45 on: February 15, 2013, 12:51:26 AM »
go ahead. take feast your eyes on off of theeeez or'ngez!

o_O

... sigh. I'm tired today.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 03:37:04 AM by Maifeilan »
"At times, the novice found pre-Deluge English more perplexing than either Intermediate Angelology or Saint Leslie's theological calclulus." - A Canticle for Leibowitz, Walter M. Miller, Jr,.

George

• My view of China
« Reply #46 on: February 15, 2013, 08:10:05 AM »
Now, yer getting there! Very nice.. agagagagag agagagagag
The higher they fly, the fewer!    http://neilson.aminus3.com/

caley1313

• DH Allison, MBA, TESL
    • My Photo Gatherings
« Reply #47 on: February 15, 2013, 11:24:30 AM »
go ahead. take feast your eyes on off of theeeez or'ngez!

o_O

... sigh. I'm tired today.

I like. You got some nice HDR going on there with this one.
Carpe Diem, mi amigo, or...Seize the Big Fish as they say here in Carolina

« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2013, 08:39:26 PM »
   bjbjbjbjbj thanks fellas!  agagagagag

Well, now that playtime is nearing an end (lesson planning week has arrived)... I'll finish my noob hdr experiments here ...

I think these are more or less on point and they represent the last 5 minutes of my walk home :)               

I especially looked for shots where I could grab just one moving element and let the ghosts hang around in the negative.  I really like this one :)

The ghosts don't do anything for this one, but I'm due for a shower and headed out to dinner, so I shall let its flaws stand for now.

Thanks again for the feedback, comrade shutterbugs!

agagagagag agagagagag agagagagag ...
"At times, the novice found pre-Deluge English more perplexing than either Intermediate Angelology or Saint Leslie's theological calclulus." - A Canticle for Leibowitz, Walter M. Miller, Jr,.

A-Train

« Reply #49 on: February 19, 2013, 07:41:00 PM »
A few pix of Tulous in Fujian province. Stayed overnight in the oval Tulou.

"The young do not know enough to be prudent, and therefore attempt the impossible and achieve it, generation after generation.

Pearl S. Buck

George

• My view of China
« Reply #50 on: February 20, 2013, 07:29:35 AM »
They are great buildings aren't they. The restaurant pic is interesting. Not many customers in such a large space' Was it early or late?

« Reply #51 on: February 20, 2013, 10:54:40 AM »
Pardon my ignorance A-Train, but what do you do there in what appears to be an isolated place?

A-Train

« Reply #52 on: February 20, 2013, 04:39:17 PM »
Pardon my ignorance A-Train, but what do you do there in what appears to be an isolated place?

...watch the Chinese perform their morning toiletries around you as you eat breakfast. Listen to your neighbors pee in a bucket in the middle of the night since there are no bathrooms. Smell the burnt tofu. Observe the men smoke and toss the butts into the beautiful, UNESCO-sanctioned, landscape.

Just kidding, it's a beautiful place up in the mountains with plenty to see and read about. The Tulou is one of the coolest places I've ever stayed in. I recommend the oval-shaped one in "Four Dishes...", it's the biggest, cleanest and feels like you're more inside than outside as compared to the others despite not having a roof.  Our tour guide was a resident of this Tulou and gave us fantastic opportunities to walk the scenic and sprawling, ancient towns along the rivers. At night we drank local teas, chugged local alcohol and laughed at each others' attempts at karaoke.

Xiamen is a whole different story. Very crowded, but interesting in its own way. Especially, the island of Gulangyu.

Revenge of the Goose!

"The young do not know enough to be prudent, and therefore attempt the impossible and achieve it, generation after generation.

Pearl S. Buck

« Reply #53 on: February 20, 2013, 05:11:18 PM »
... another place to add to our 'must go...' list!  Thanks, A-train.  bfbfbfbfbf

George

• My view of China
« Reply #54 on: February 27, 2013, 11:44:16 AM »
Not to be picky, but these tourist photos should be in the Photo Album in their own threads.
This thread is more for experimental, techniques, and tips,etc.
HDR tomatoes

piglet

• Piglet's House
« Reply #55 on: February 27, 2013, 06:22:54 PM »
hey A Train I have an identical Tulou pic. I love that place it's like being in a National Geographic movie. akakakakak
For people who like peace and quiet - a phoneless cord

« Reply #56 on: February 28, 2013, 11:00:28 AM »
George, I really don't know much about photography, but I really like the colour structure in your photo. The red tomatoes with the light reflecting and the green bowl and the dark background. Thanks and I think it is an interesting photo. bfbfbfbfbf

George

• My view of China
« Reply #57 on: February 28, 2013, 02:11:12 PM »
Thanks, Granny. I kinda like it myself.

A-Train

« Reply #58 on: February 28, 2013, 07:06:41 PM »
hey A Train I have an identical Tulou pic. I love that place it's like being in a National Geographic movie. akakakakak

Thanks for the recommendations. It kept us away from the most commercialized areas.

Pearl S. Buck

piglet

• Piglet's House
« Reply #59 on: February 28, 2013, 10:27:42 PM »
It's my pleasure! It's a great place and best to stay overnight as then they day tour people go home and it's nice and quiet
For people who like peace and quiet - a phoneless cord