"Blacklist" of Nigerians in China?

• 37 replies

kitano

• Children of the Atom
Re: "Blacklist" of Nigerians in China?
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2013, 05:27:34 PM »
Wow.  How stupid would someone have to be to overstay a visa, get into an illegal business, and then leap out a window when the police show up, resulting in severe injuries (and maybe death, depending on who you believe)?

If he really died and didn't have any children, he'd make a good Darwin Award nominee. ahahahahah

'Jumping out of a window when the police show up' always seems a bit like 'falling down the stairs in the police station' to me

« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2013, 06:22:16 PM »
Wow.  How stupid would someone have to be to overstay a visa, get into an illegal business, and then leap out a window when the police show up, resulting in severe injuries (and maybe death, depending on who you believe)?

If he really died and didn't have any children, he'd make a good Darwin Award nominee. ahahahahah

Not everyone is as affluent as you. Yes he choose the wrong path, but there are many who don't have it so easy nor capable of doing things legitimately. Having died for these sins seems a bit extreme.

Sorry EL but that comment comes across as pompous and ignorant. You may be trying to be funny, would it be so humourous had that been your brother
For you to insult me, first I must value your opinion

Monkey King

« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2013, 07:01:33 PM »
Quote from: Day Dreamer
Is that current? I thought I read the article was dated July 2009

Yeah that one was 2009, there were more protests in 2012 about a death in police custody.

A-Train

« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2013, 12:41:00 AM »
That must be the one, MK.  Not surprised I heard the sanitized version.
"The young do not know enough to be prudent, and therefore attempt the impossible and achieve it, generation after generation.

Pearl S. Buck

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2013, 02:24:38 PM »
Wow.  How stupid would someone have to be to overstay a visa, get into an illegal business, and then leap out a window when the police show up, resulting in severe injuries (and maybe death, depending on who you believe)?

Not everyone is as affluent as you. Yes he choose the wrong path, but there are many who don't have it so easy nor capable of doing things legitimately. Having died for these sins seems a bit extreme.

Sorry EL but that comment comes across as pompous and ignorant. You may be trying to be funny, would it be so humourous had that been your brother

I'd find it just as funny no matter where the criminal was from, what nationality he was, or what country he was in.  If you break the law and the police show up, running away could be considered to be a rational choice.  Jumping out a window that's high enough to cause serious injury or death isn't.  The article gave no hint of any police misconduct in that case, other than a disagreement over the result of the leap, so I strongly suspect this wasn't like someone "accidentally falling down the stairs" while in custody.

Doing yourself in a foolish way while fleeing and eluding a legitimate bust is only exceeded by doing yourself in while committing the crime itself.

I'd find it doubly funny if this happened to my own brother.  He's the chief of police in his town.
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2013, 02:26:43 PM »
Quote from: Day Dreamer
Is that current? I thought I read the article was dated July 2009

Yeah that one was 2009, there were more protests in 2012 about a death in police custody.

This one makes a lot more sense as a potential source of disharmony.
EscapedLunatic.com

Stil

• ChangshaNotes
« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2013, 04:46:22 AM »
Hmmm, doing something I probably shouldn't be doing and jumping out a window when the authorities show up.....

Yep, done that a few of times.

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2013, 02:31:41 PM »
I've jumped out a couple of windows myself - including the day I . . . lost my virtue. afafafafaf

If I ever get killed leaping out a window for anything less than escaping a raging fire or a crazed killer with a chainsaw, I expect to be properly mocked in public for the manner of my demise.
EscapedLunatic.com