What's in the News

• 2873 replies
Re: What's in the News
« Reply #2160 on: August 31, 2013, 04:03:33 AM »
« Last Edit: September 05, 2016, 01:42:24 AM by Isidnar »

« Reply #2161 on: August 31, 2013, 04:45:40 AM »
ETR -->  please stay away from the forests in California.  aoaoaoaoao bibibibibi agagagagag agagagagag

Be kind to dragons for thou are crunchy when roasted and taste good with brie.

Stil

• ChangshaNotes
« Reply #2162 on: August 31, 2013, 05:09:43 AM »
So the BXL trial is over.

What a fantastic movie that will never be made.

« Reply #2163 on: August 31, 2013, 12:46:26 PM »
The BXL trial was boring. I am more interested in seeing how that sick, spoiled gang-rapist is going to be non-punished because Daddy General will make everything good.
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

"It's all oojah cum spiffy". Bertie Wooster.
"The stars are God's daisy chain" Madeleine Bassett.

NATO

« Reply #2164 on: August 31, 2013, 05:59:15 PM »
Rumour has it on the Chinese web that the other people involved are from even more high-profile families and that they are picking off this one guy as damage limitation.

Stil

• ChangshaNotes
« Reply #2165 on: September 01, 2013, 02:27:21 PM »
Boring?

GKL video testified against her husband and he said she was nuts and had been driven insane and pressured to testify. BXL said that Wang, his head of security was in love (and intimated they had an affair) with GKL and they did all this behind his back. He said he had no idea about the 16 million rmb villa in France that a businessman gave GKL

Usually in these types of trials the accused grovels and apologizes to get leniency. BXL was totally defiant.

This is a great story in full. Kings and Princes, the heir-apparent to the throne, affairs and corruption, murder, gangsters, a race to the American embassy, a princeling playboy, old guard political maneuvering.

It's a shame no movie will ever be made.

kitano

• Children of the Atom
« Reply #2166 on: September 02, 2013, 07:06:30 PM »
I know it's all a puppet show but I was really really happy about the British parliament voting against starting in the war, it was lovely seeing actual democracy working
I'm not that optimistic that it will affect anything in the long term but it was still a really nice surprise to see Britain and our European friends actually refuse to use our power for murder just because there's money in it
What a great day for humanity lol

piglet

• Piglet's House
« Reply #2167 on: September 02, 2013, 09:07:48 PM »
Unfortunately Kitano it is not a great day for humanity.The Syrian people (and indeed most of the Middle East) seem to be in a Lose-Lose situation right now.ALthough I agree with you it is better for the UK and the US not to interfere,things are not looking great.I guess it will just have to play itself out,but I can't see it being great for humanity whichever way you slice it. kkkkkkkkkk
For people who like peace and quiet - a phoneless cord

« Reply #2168 on: September 03, 2013, 04:03:25 AM »
« Reply #2147 on: July 27, 2013, 12:39:17 AM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/25/plague-detected-california-squirrel_n_3653037.html

Neither me nor my extended family know about this. We are tree squirrels. This is bad. It is bad enough that we are called tree rats, now it will be worse. "Mommy, mommy, can I play with the squirrel?", "No Sweetie, it may have plague, now go tell Daddy to get the shotgun".

What's new about plague in squirrels in California's Sierra Nevadas?

They've been carriers for as long as I can remember.

The plague ain't what it once was. After all, we are descendants of the survivors.

Yeah the squirrels and prairie dogs in most of the southwest have been known carriers for quite a while. There was some famous long distance runner who caught the plague from running through City Park right near the Capitol Building in Denver a few years ago.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do....Explore. Dream. Discover."
- Mark Twain

piglet

• Piglet's House
« Reply #2169 on: September 05, 2013, 01:20:36 AM »
For people who like peace and quiet - a phoneless cord

« Reply #2170 on: September 05, 2013, 02:10:38 AM »
I agree with  you piglet.   aoaoaoaoao llllllllll

However, mental illness is not discussed or approved of in China.  llllllllll llllllllll
Be kind to dragons for thou are crunchy when roasted and taste good with brie.

« Reply #2171 on: September 05, 2013, 06:36:25 PM »
There's no link so I'll try to paraphrase this little nugget

A Serbian in Malaysia met a beautiful young girl, they moved in together and had a son. Then she throws him out and refuses to let him see his child. She claims that she only wanted him for his "procreation ability" and she wanted a Europian child. He's suing and trying to get his kid back

bibibibibi
For you to insult me, first I must value your opinion

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #2172 on: September 05, 2013, 06:45:18 PM »
Attention beautiful girls wanting to borrow a man of European descent for procreation abilities.  Please send an inquiry to my website:  youlovemelongtimeanddon'tletmywifeknow.com
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

« Reply #2173 on: September 11, 2013, 05:05:46 AM »
Here's something to give your students when they say, "I'm going to Haw-vad"

For the year 2013, Princeton is #1, followed by Harvard then Yale. Note: this is for US only, no mention where Peking Uni would be listed
 ahahahahah

As for Liberal Arts Colleges, Williams in Williamstown Ma is first, Amhurst also in Ma is second and the #3 spot goes to Swathmore (who?  mmmmmmmmmm)
For you to insult me, first I must value your opinion

« Reply #2174 on: September 12, 2013, 12:11:26 AM »
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/-virginia-county-library-system-destroyed-250-000-of-its-own-books-205951078.html

Throwing out books to be destroyed....I think that, in a few seconds, I could probably come up with a gazillion better things the library could have done with those books.
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

"It's all oojah cum spiffy". Bertie Wooster.
"The stars are God's daisy chain" Madeleine Bassett.