Movie/film thread: resurrected

• 2327 replies
Movie/film thread: resurrected
« on: May 03, 2007, 03:25:07 AM »
What have you just watched?

I just watched episode 20 of Heroes.  Great, great stuff as always.  Just three to go.
It is too early to say.

kcanuck

• Canadian Stop Sign
Re: Movie/film thread: resurrected
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2007, 03:33:39 AM »
I just finished #20 of Heroes not more than ten minutes ago...coincidink? I think not....I wasn't really into it at first, was kinda hokey but it grew on me.
Still hooked on the Shield, keeps getting better and better.
And I have a soft spot for House.
I am still learning. Michelangelo

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2007, 04:10:37 AM »
I started watching a Korean film that my tutoring student lent me, called Save The Green Planet.  It looked a really cool and original idea for a film, about some people who suspect the C.E of a major corporation of being an alien, and kidnap him.  But the bloody disk started freezing up about 20 minutes in.  asasasasas I have one of the earth/fire/water indian trilogy to watch too, but it looks heavy.  Am waiting to be in the mood for it.
It is too early to say.

Nolefan

• Lord of Avalon
  • 八九不离十
    • Catania Vibe
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2007, 05:12:41 AM »
Missus and I decided to splurge today and go watch a movie in the big screen... what better excuse that the opening day of Spiderman 3 to do that...
I really missed the experience... big screen, proper english, nice colors, no one walking in front of the screen....  bfbfbfbfbf bfbfbfbfbf
alors régressons fatalement, eternellement. Des débutants, avec la peur comme exutoire à l'ignorance et Alzheimer en prof d'histoire de nos enfances!
- Random food, music and geek tales from the Catania, Sicily: http://ctvibe.com

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2007, 05:32:52 AM »
Had a bit of a DVD  fest of old Chinese bought DVDs here at home (not in China that is)  on the weekend and nearly craptmyself when smack bang in the middle there it was - a large silhoutte standing up and stretching in the middle of Act 2 Scene 3.  Still good value for $1.50 'tho.  Agree that nothing beats the big screen experience however
choose carefully

George

• My view of China
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2007, 11:15:27 AM »
Quincadentally, Spiderman3 is showing in Theatres in Jinan. Big screen, English, Full-colour, Stereo surround-sound, etc.
The higher they fly, the fewer!    http://neilson.aminus3.com/

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2007, 02:19:09 PM »
I only own one 'filmed in the cinema' film.  What am I doing wrong?
It is too early to say.

Stil

• ChangshaNotes
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2007, 02:32:46 PM »
Get them earlier.

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2007, 06:14:11 PM »
True - I tend to wait about a month or so. 

Actually these days I rarely buy them.  Having CD Jr, I simply don't have the time to spend hours shifting through piles of DVDs.  And between karagarga and demonoid I get a far better selection online anyway.
It is too early to say.

Motzie

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2007, 02:36:54 PM »
I have just been introduced to the art of collecting movies off the net...man I HAVE been missing out big time, I got Wild Hogs yesterday..now there is a comedy if ever there was one,

I've given up on going to the movies, its too expensive, much easier to download em and watch em at myleisure... apparently it means I don't have to miss out on any o f my fav tv shows eith er, NCIS, Numbers etc ...THAT has made me a happy chappy :-)

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2007, 05:23:45 PM »
As I said on the other place, I urge everyone to check out This is England.  It's the best British film I've seen in years, by a country mile.
It is too early to say.

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2007, 05:58:19 AM »
My 1st post (sort of) hits on film---only fitting since I am a movie nut....

Just seen Grindhouse. The first film is crap but I liked Deathproof the Tatantino half. Sassy dialogue he is good at.

Speaking of Korean film check out The Host -a cute littl "monster attacks Seoul" film---it's the biggest Asian film ever sop they say.

And finally (erp cough cough) I finally got around to seeing Brokeback Mountain on DVD.
I resisted it for the obvious reason----------------------that it womn the Oscar.

But I have to admit it's a damn good flick. Once you get past the "summer of love cowboy" scenes it becomes good stuff.

And it's no coincidence that there is heavy smoking in all 3 films.....

and THE GOOD GUYS SMOKE....

Stil

• ChangshaNotes
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2007, 06:59:39 AM »
The Host was good. I like Korean films, many are deeply warped.

Btw, Who was the 'good' guy in Brokeback Mountain?  :o

decurso

• Chinese Rocks
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2007, 07:28:35 AM »
Ang Lee won Best Director but Crash took Best Picture

« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2007, 02:10:33 AM »
I just had my first cinema experience in China. Yes, 5.5 years and I have never been to a movie theater!!! Though the movie I watched was atrocious - Spiderman 3. I was warned about its absolute uselessness and waste of one's time. But still went - I had fun laughing at the stupidity diplayed in the movie and the poor script. cheexyblonde