Tv

• 460 replies

jpd01

Tv
« on: March 20, 2011, 06:57:24 AM »
Anyone have any good recommendations for a good tv series to download? I'm starting to run out of ideas. My taste generally runs in comedy, but I wouldn't mind some other suggestions as well.
Currently I'm watching (in no particular order) :
outsourced
top gear
how I met your mother
modern family
family guy
futurama
american dad
"I don't understand what I did wrong except live a life that everyone is jealous of." Charlie Sheen.

Re: Tv
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2011, 11:14:33 AM »
If you like animation,

Drawn Together
Harvey Birdman
Aqua Teen Hunger Force
For you to insult me, first I must value your opinion

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2011, 11:41:46 AM »
I just recently discovered The Big Bang.
Sometimes it seems things go by too quickly. We are so busy watching out for what's just ahead of us that we don't take the time to enjoy where we are. (Calvin and Hobbs)

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2011, 12:42:05 PM »
30 Rock. Funniest. Show. Ever.

And Glee, of course!
10 easy steps to stop procrastination.

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2011, 01:22:02 PM »
I just recently discovered The Big Bang.

Really, its not new, what about 14 billion years ago?

Oh, you mean the television show, good show for kids

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2011, 01:29:05 PM »
Comedy:
- The IT Crowd
- The Office
- Black Adder
- Absolutely Fabulous

Other:
- Dexter
- The Wire
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer
- Breaking Bad
And there is no liar like the indignant man... -Nietszche

Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task. -William James

englishmoose.com

xwarrior

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2011, 02:46:35 PM »
I am watching "Criminal Minds" - based on the police use of profiling. Sort of thinking mans CSI  mmmmmmmmmm so it sure is not comedy.

No TV where I am so it is helping while away the hours.
I have my standards. They may be low, but I have them.
- Bette Midler

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2011, 03:54:17 PM »
One show I got into just before I got here was Better off Ted. It's a very underrated comedy series, and kind of has an Arrested Development tone to it. It centers around the personalities who work for an evil American defense contractor a la Raytheon, or General Dynamics. If you like Adult Swim type stuff you should check out Venture Bros. and Frisky Dingo, those are my personal favorites.  For drama I strongly second the suggestion of Breaking Bad and The Wire. Prepare to waste some serious time if you start watching those shows.

jpd01

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2011, 02:49:37 AM »
Hmm mostly you are naming the shows I'm not currently watching right now because I've watched them all!!
Better off ted was a great show and COMPLETELY underated, I had both seasons on my hard drive before I came to China a couple of years ago. Please continue brethren  bfbfbfbfbf
"I don't understand what I did wrong except live a life that everyone is jealous of." Charlie Sheen.

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2011, 06:02:58 AM »
Anyone have any good recommendations for a good tv series to download? I'm starting to run out of ideas. My taste generally runs in comedy, but I wouldn't mind some other suggestions as well.  Currently I'm watching (in no particular order):

...top gear...

If you like Top Gear then you might like the work of Charlie Brooker, because Brooker is to television what Jeremy Clarkson is to cars.

Take a look at his recent series How TV Ruined Your Life (which is a kind of compilation of his best rants wrapped up and presented as a new series).  If you like that you can search for his older work Screenwipe and Newswipe.  All brilliant stuff in my opinion.

mlaeux

• How's the water?
    • Fukushima has changed everything.
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2011, 04:09:57 PM »
Lie To Me

jpd01

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2011, 07:03:14 PM »
Lie to me is pretty good, I have two seasons of it.
I'll check out Charlie brooker.

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2011, 07:08:21 PM »
In a movie class, I chose to show Kyle XY. It helped with everyday conversation and social interaction. Interesting program.

I also like Weeds, eerily funny

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2011, 10:09:35 PM »
Everything else I could name just sounds too obvious. Old Simpsons and Futurama. Trailer Park Boys has a certain appeal if you have a warped sense of humor. Tim and Eric Awesome Show Great Job, Archer (by the folks who brought you Frisky Dingo). I don't really watch drama besides The Wire and Breaking Bad.

Oh maybe The Walking Dead. That was a really good AMC series. Only 6 episodes of it but it rulz.  bfbfbfbfbf

Honestly sounds like you should be telling us TV shows.  bibibibibi

xwarrior

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2011, 12:41:28 AM »
A blast from the past:

3rd Rock from the Sun
I have my standards. They may be low, but I have them.
- Bette Midler