Same old "What's in the name?"

• 107 replies

Ruth

Re: Same old "What's in the name?"
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2007, 10:03:41 PM »
Ruth is a Biblical character I admire. She left her homeland in obedience to God's calling.  I never joined a forum before planning my move to China.  I aspire to be more like her, hence the adoption of her name.

And while we're at it - how about telling us why you chose your avatar?  I chose mine just after I finished rereading the Narnia series. In those stories, for people who want to see the parallel, Aslan the lion is like Christ.
If you want to walk on water, you have to get out of the boat.

AMonk

« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2007, 10:27:18 PM »
My avatar?  When I first signed up here, Raoul offered me a couple of stock choices.  I consulted Hubby and we agreed that the Bunny suited me best.  Bunny is small (I'm 4'11"), cute (obvious) and cuddly (I love hugs).  Voila!!  The Bunny Hops Again...
Moderation....in most things...

DaDan

• Yeppers! We`be livin now!
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2007, 04:33:16 AM »
I used to have Jackson Chameleons in Hawaii,
this one <---------- is a male, hence the outies on his face as apposed to innies
they were great pets that needed to be fed live insects daily  ababababab
their tongues ware impressive.....
& the way they walk around acting like they are invisible is purdy coo too bfbfbfbfbf

& since the internet is such a place that a person can wear whatever skin they want, I thought it is an appropriate choice
me pappy sayd... 
Once ya get past the smell... ...:P ... `You got it licked...

decurso

• Chinese Rocks
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2007, 06:51:15 AM »
I picked my avatar because I like it's sinister ambiguity...it kind of says "you don't REALLY know people you meet on the internet".

Funny story about my avatar.I have been applying for a lot of jobs lately.I received a reply from one employer that stated..."We received your documents well but your picture is fearful.You send wrong picture?"

Yup..turns out I sent my avatar photo as a resume picture.  bibibibibi

« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2007, 01:15:06 PM »
 ahahahahah
It is too early to say.

« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2007, 06:41:47 PM »
I picked my avatar because no one/nothing better reflects my nickname than me  cheexyblonde

babala

« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2007, 09:09:09 PM »
Mine is pretty boring. It's the way the Chinese translate my name but it's stuck and almost everyone calls me this now.
Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. Homer Simpson

« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2007, 12:05:38 AM »
My Avatar??? Pretty darn obvious.
Courage is not the absense of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.

« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2007, 12:06:17 AM »
It's so I don't forget what I look like.  bibibibibi
Courage is not the absense of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.

« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2007, 02:48:28 AM »
You said you don't own ACs! Mirrors either?  cheexyblonde cheexyblonde cheexyblonde

Ruth

« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2007, 02:54:22 AM »
Hey, Decurso, did you get the job?  The prospective employer was right - fearful.  I like your reasoning though, as well as DaDan's.  Chameleons and masks.

I'm really curious about vegemite's new avatar.  Freaks me out whenever I see it.  Can't reconcile the avatar with the image I have of HER.
If you want to walk on water, you have to get out of the boat.

kcanuck

• Canadian Stop Sign
« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2007, 03:21:17 AM »
that's easy, she loves Bruce Willis
I am still learning. Michelangelo

Vegemite

« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2007, 03:27:41 AM »
I do, I do - I 'love' ol' Brucie akakakakak

Last week on campus we were busy changing to a new building as well as changing to this new site - I was in a rush and couldn't be bothered hunting out my jar of vegemite so thought I'd use one of the ones that came with the site.

I will get back to me vegemite soon...but at the moment Brucie's cheering me up. It's nice to log in and have him peering back at me.... cheexyblonde

« Reply #43 on: April 24, 2007, 03:43:08 AM »
At first I thought it was infamous Terminator. But then the cheekbones were too small. cheexyblonde

Vegemite

« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2007, 04:18:42 PM »
Okay, I'm now a mature and wise 42 year-old so have got rid of Bruce Willis and have returned to my roots - Vegemite.

Why vegemite? 'Cos I love it...