If America were still British...

• 24 replies
Re: If America were still British...
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2009, 09:07:14 PM »
Con   bibibibibi  Fresh fruit isn't cuisine.   agagagagag agagagagag  It is just fresh fruit.  akakakakak

Howsomever, isn't cuisine a French word anyhow.  Us Canukastanians got a little frenchized over the centuries.   agagagagag

Never been to England so can't comment on the actual British fare, but we do have a Pub I go to in Canada that is run by a Brit.  akakakakak  His fish and chips are to die for.  akakakakak akakakakak akakakakak  First thing I want (at a restaurant) when I go home.   bfbfbfbfbf

He has mushy peas and steak and kidney pie and other stuff too.  Can't say I like mushy peas though.  aaaaaaaaaa
Be kind to dragons for thou are crunchy when roasted and taste good with brie.

AMonk

« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2009, 09:31:48 PM »
Mushy peas are an acquired taste afafafafaf

As a side note, one of our local reporters has discovered that "Blighty" has some issues of its own....http://www.royalgazette.com/siftology.royalgazette/Article/article.jsp?articleId=7d9a8a730030011&sectionId=65 ahahahahah
Moderation....in most things...

« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2009, 04:59:10 AM »
Oh Cripes, the Brits are giving culinary advice!
oooooooooo

I love British cooking, boil it and salt it, or fry it and salt it  ahahahahah
For you to insult me, first I must value your opinion

« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2009, 05:55:27 AM »
Funny, I was thinking more of the superb curries I make.  Still, stick with your simple-minded definitions.  I suppose you think French people go round with onions on a string around their necks too.
It is too early to say.

« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2009, 06:27:42 AM »
Thing is, curry is a British invention.  the food you get in India is NOTHING like what is served here (which is delicious).

Generally, I found that food in China was ace, but westernised chinese food here sucks. But food in India was limited (good sometimes) while even a bog standard takeaway here - mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

It's as British as texmex is American
It is too early to say.

« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2009, 05:43:10 PM »
I suppose you think French people go round with onions on a string around their necks too.

They don't?

And there is no liar like the indignant man... -Nietszche

Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task. -William James

englishmoose.com

A-Train

« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2009, 05:51:40 AM »
Oh Cripes, the Brits are giving culinary advice!
oooooooooo

You mean that there's truth to the old joke . . .

In Heaven...
the French are the cooks
the Germans are the engineers
the British are the police
the Swiss are the managers
the Italians are the lovers

In Hell...
the British are the cooks
the French are the managers
the Italians are the engineers
the Germans are the police
the Swiss are the lovers
"The young do not know enough to be prudent, and therefore attempt the impossible and achieve it, generation after generation.

Pearl S. Buck

old34

« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2009, 06:37:05 AM »
There are two similar "Chinese proverbs" I have heard here through the years from my Chinese friends:

One is entirely domestic:
Be born in Hangzhou (Its perceived wealth, "beautiful surroundings"in Chinese minds)
Marry in Suzhou (Best women in China)
Eat in Guangzhou (Best food)
And die in xxxxzhou (I always forget the latter and the reason why, but it has something to do with funeral practices)

One is "international":
Work in America
Live in an English house
Marry a Japanese wife
And eat Chinese food.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad. - B. O'Driscoll.
TIC is knowing that, in China, your fruit salad WILL come with cherry tomatoes AND all slathered in mayo. - old34.

« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2009, 02:59:59 PM »
I doubt I'd find GZ to be the best food.  I always dug Sichuan food.  When done right, it's the outstanding food in China.  When I say done right, I mean when it's good rather than just lots of chillis.
It is too early to say.

kitano

• Children of the Atom
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2009, 04:31:02 PM »