Weier Corp. - Suzhou Industrial Park (SIP)

• 8 replies
Weier Corp. - Suzhou Industrial Park (SIP)
« on: April 12, 2013, 07:32:36 PM »
Anyone know anything about them?

They have contracts with many public schools in SIP. I was told they have 15 contract schools this year and they will have more next year. You sign a contract with them, but can choose from schools they have available before you sign.

I normally would only sign a contract directly with a school, but their terms seem OK. Salary isn't great, but I wouldn't expect that with public schools.

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
Re: Weier Corp. - Suzhou Industrial Park (SIP)
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2013, 07:48:29 PM »
One drawback is that your salary is reduced, since the middleman needs his cut.

One advantage is that you've got more options and choices open to you and don't need to do 15 interviews.

Would they house you at/near the school of your choice or put you in some central foreign teacher containment facility and have you commute to one or more schools from there?
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

caley1313

• DH Allison, MBA, TESL
    • My Photo Gatherings
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2013, 09:46:44 PM »

One advantage is that you've got more options and choices open to you and don't need to do 15 interviews.

Would they house you at/near the school of your choice or put you in some central foreign teacher containment facility and have you commute to one or more schools from there?

EL, I usually agree with your train of thought...most of the time. However, who has ever had 15 interviews for a job in China? I've had 1 x 3 for the three years I've been over here. Just saying...but, then again, I do have blue eyes and white skin and usually shave and brush my teeth before my Skype video interview.  Cheers, Caley
Carpe Diem, mi amigo, or...Seize the Big Fish as they say here in Carolina

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2013, 12:51:28 AM »

Housing is not at the school. The contract says "shared accommodation" near the school or 1500 a month stipend to find your own. But is 1500 even enough for a small single apartment in SIP?
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 12:59:58 AM by aninvisiblehand »

Monkey King

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2013, 02:35:45 AM »
I think that might be enough for a place in an older building,  probably a bit crappy in terms of decor and facilities, but if you are able to add 500 or so yourself you could probably get a pretty nice place.

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2013, 11:05:02 PM »
Wow I love the level of divergence from one persons opinion to the next. I just reviewed a Weier contract and frankly could not read past the third page.... lemme find that gem... oh it was a PDF so for your eyes only no coloring outside the lines.

6500rmb salary + 1500 allowance  bjbjbjbjbj

"Depending on the status of the Employee, the entitlement of allowance(s) and teaching salary may vary due to
the working performance, professional qualification, service period and job responsibility and requirements." ababababab
Ho hum nothing to see here read on... 

"Full-attendance bonus is RMB 500 Yuan per month. The bonus of RMB 500 will be paid to Employee
monthly in case the employee fully attends; and the bonus will be completely deducted even if the employee is
absent a single day.(except paid sick leave as 7.2.2) Performance bonus is RMB 1000 Yuan per month. (It is
divided into four levels: Excellent (RMB 1,000 Yuan); Good (RMB 700 Yuan); Qqualified (RMB 300 Yuan);
Uunqualified (0 Yuan). Evaluation period is the end of per month during semester."  bfbfbfbfbf

"Foreign Teachers would be given 3000RMB as Visa Allowance."

Ahh the beloved "Visa Allowance"  mmmmmmmmmm

The spare no expense, wow them with the apartment clause;

"Accommodation optional 1: A free shared apartment with two teachers will be provided and each teacher has their
own room. The apartment includes 1 living room, two bed rooms etc.  kkkkkkkkkk
Accommodation optional 2: Company will pay 1500RMB cash as a house allowance per month."  awawawawaw

The your time in my time clauses:

"According to school’s schedule, employee shall stay in school for 8 hours in principle." and "The Employee shall provide tutorial sessions to students after classes (i.e. the consultation / office hours requested on daily basis). Such hours which are within the normal working hours or as make-up classes will not have additional compensation beyond the normal remuneration."  :lickass:

More of the same if you haven't gotten the picture yet: 工作未满一月的,其月基本教学工资和津贴会根据月工作日按比例核算。
Remuneration of both monthly basic teaching salary and allowance(s) shall be calculated on a pro-rata basis,
based on the number of working days available of the month, if not a full month of service is performed.
6 纳税与义务 Tax Payables and Liabilities
6.1 每月考勤、课时核对结束后,公司会算出工资及其他补贴,根据中国法律规定,公司直接在员工的每
月工资中扣除员工应缴纳的个人所得税。
After verifying the attendance records and teaching hours performed of a month, the Company will calculate
the salary and other benefits entitled and deduct the income tax payable according to the government
regulations.
6.2 依照中华人民共和国的法律规定,公司具有每月从雇员的月薪资中扣除员工个人所得税的义务。
In compliance with the laws of the People’s Republic of China, the Company shall withhold the corresponding
tax liabilities from the monthly remuneration paid to the Employee on a monthly basis.

Do you read this or write it?  bibibibibi

quote author=aninvisiblehand link=topic=8337.msg152435#msg152435 date=1365744756]
Anyone know anything about them?

They have contracts with many public schools in SIP. I was told they have 15 contract schools this year and they will have more next year. You sign a contract with them, but can choose from schools they have available before you sign.

I normally would only sign a contract directly with a school, but their terms seem OK. Salary isn't great, but I wouldn't expect that with public schools.
[/quote]

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2013, 01:50:27 AM »
That contract is rubbish.  Sever.

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2013, 07:35:55 PM »
cdhsllc,

This is much different than the PDF they sent me in the spring. I didn't sign a contract with them, but of the MANY contracts I've seen over the years, theirs was pretty standard. Don't know if you are looking at an older contract or updated one or each contract with a given school is different?

1. There was nothing about a visa allowance (they paid it)

2. It wasn't a pro-rated salary

3. No checking attendance and adding or subracting salary (said you get sick days)

4. No performance bonus

5. No tutoring students after classes.

So don't know what is going with them......

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2013, 04:20:45 AM »
Cool. Please know I did not intend personal offence by stating my cynical summary. It's business not personal.