Utterly stupid lyrics

• 12 replies
Utterly stupid lyrics
« on: March 07, 2008, 05:21:41 AM »
As I'm goofing online, I'll often have some type of tunes or a ball game on. Usually pay little heed. I stopped for a momment to ponder, I hear U2's Bono singing from Achtung Baby,

"I'm going to run to you ... a woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle ..."

Any other incredibly inane lyrics where you want to take the writer in a backroom screaming WTF!

For you to insult me, first I must value your opinion

teleplayer

• Ni you hen duo xiao qian. Gei wo yidian(r)!
Re: Utterly stupid lyrics
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2008, 05:58:18 AM »
 bkbkbkbkbk

Oh, think of the lyrics that you've thrown away for being too inane to realize someone took a dancable beat, and an equally good or better melody just made a million selling it to the masses.  Even lyricists who write good lines have some real "groaners."   bibibibibi    llllllllll

decurso

• Chinese Rocks
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2008, 07:01:37 PM »
 Try "Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds" or "I Am the Walrus" by the Beatles. You need to teach a lot of vocabulary, but that's not a bad thing. I did "Lucy" with my post graduates this semester and it was a riot. I also taught "Love Me Like a Reptile" by Motorhead.  ahahahahah

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2008, 07:01:43 PM »
I'm reminded of Spinal Tap: "The majesty of Rock/ the pageantry of Roll",  and "Because the less things change/ the more they stay the same"
And there is no liar like the indignant man... -Nietszche

Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task. -William James

englishmoose.com

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2008, 02:56:18 PM »
 ahahahahah

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2008, 07:22:39 PM »
The worst lyrics ever are in the Michael Jackson-Paul McCartney collaboration "The Girl is Mine".  The absolute nadir is when Jacko says "I think you got me wrong Paul - I'm a lover, not a fighter." asasasasas asasasasas asasasasas ahahahahah ahahahahah ahahahahah aoaoaoaoao aoaoaoaoao aoaoaoaoao
It is too early to say.

decurso

• Chinese Rocks
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2008, 11:04:53 PM »
 Listening to The Doors classic Strange Days album at the moment. A lot of their more epic songs come to mind. "The End" (ride the snake?), "When the Musics Over" (the scream of the buttlerfly?) and so on.

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2008, 12:32:13 AM »
Horse Latitudes is utter cod-poetry drivel.
It is too early to say.

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2008, 03:35:02 AM »
"Everybody's talking all this stuff about me/ Why don't they just let me live?"  Brittney Spears covers Bobby Brown's My Prerogative. 

To get the true moronicity of this choice, you have to see the video.  a swanky high school house party is going on; all of a sudden a convertible sports car sails over the fence and crashes into the swimming pool.  Brittney hops out in a halter top and starts singing.

Add to this snogging Madonna onstage, sliding out of her limo vagina first at numerous public venues, and generally acting like a twit in front of the cameras of the world, and she has the NERVE to complain about a lack of privacy?  cheexyblonde

Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task. -William James

englishmoose.com

decurso

• Chinese Rocks
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2008, 08:24:00 AM »
 Oh!Oh!Oh! I got a good one! "Bang a Gong" by T-Rex. Anyone out there want to explain what it means to have "the teeth of the hydra upon you?" to a Chinese classroom? Or the line, "You're dirty, sweet and you're my girl"  aoaoaoaoao

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2008, 05:19:12 PM »
When I first played Nirvana's "Nevermind" to a mate, he thought the line "Likes to shoot his gun" in "In Bloom" in fact said "Likes a jewish cunt".  ahahahahah ahahahahah ahahahahah aoaoaoaoao afafafafaf
It is too early to say.

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2008, 06:23:48 PM »
My friends swore that In "Love is a Stranger" Annie Lennox sings "And I want to suck a circumcision"  (  kkkkkkkkkk "And I want you so, it's an obsession).

englishmoose.com

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2008, 07:57:27 PM »
My friends swore that In "Love is a Stranger" Annie Lennox sings "And I want to suck a circumcision"  (  kkkkkkkkkk "And I want you so, it's an obsession).

ahahahahah
It is too early to say.

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2008, 04:14:03 AM »
Just came to mind:

Schools Out by Alice Cooper:

Well we got no class
And we got no principles
And we got no innocence
We can't even think of a word that rhymes