Fake Diplomas & TEFL Certificates Gets 17 China Foreign Teacher Deported

• 1 replies
I cut and pasted this news tidbit from the spoon - right before it was deleted (I don't think it was convenient for Dave's paying ad sponsors). I followed the links and it appears Big Red is really getting serious about all the fake teachers in China. Do you think these deportations are good or bad for the rest of us based on supply and demand and with less and less "qualified" teachers in China, we can get a substantial raise of at least 30%?

"Check out this video... (compliments of kungfuman - thanks)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R48KMbOOR-A

Maybe there is no coincidence that Beijing has started arresting an deporting expat foreign teachers caught using fake diplomas and TEFL certificates - even the ones furnished by your own recruiter and school!

I read the articles at the links ... and count 17 arrests so far in the last 30 days, but all of them seem to be in Beijing. Shit, if this trend goes nation-wide, my guess is we will lose a third of China's foreign teachers. But would this be a good or a bad thing really? "

IMHO, if all the fakes were sent packing, then those of us remaining here could probably get a nice fat pay raise. Anyway, the good old days of just getting a warning and a fine are long gone I think."

*I have removed all the other Links.  They are/were repeats of others.  Please refrain from bombarding us with duplicates. 
We have gotten your message loud and clear. Recruiters are BAD news - something that Raoul's been preaching for years - and scamming new teachers is just WRONG. 
There is nothing more to be gained by flogging a deceased equine.  It is now time to move on.
Thank you.
AMonk
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 01:49:48 PM by AMonk »

« Last Edit: September 05, 2016, 09:40:36 PM by Isidnar »