Working for Disney english

• 5 replies
Working for Disney english
« on: February 25, 2013, 11:52:01 PM »
Due to be interviewed for Disney English next week and wondering if anyone has worked for them or has any good advice.

Re: Working for Disney english
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 12:39:25 AM »
Get your Donald Duck costume dry-cleaned.

Monkey King

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2013, 01:55:01 AM »
Hehe...appear well groomed, enthusiastic and outgoing, whilst still able to take direction?

I hear they refer to their teachers as 'Performers' and wearing your (mandatory) uniform as 'getting into costume'. 

It's just another language mill except with a flashy brand name behind it, but as long as you know what you are getting yourself in for, how bad can it be...

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2013, 03:11:51 AM »
Like MK said, even if they want you to be goofy (haha) in class, appear professional in the interview -- don't go in wearing flipflops and jeans.

I interviewed with them for a management position about 2 years ago. The person who interviewed me was a very put together American lady and she drove the point home that Disney likes to think of themselves as a very professional organization and they tend to feel they are a step above your average mill. Probably total bollocks but that's the image they want to portray.

It is just another mil gig, but if you work for them full time there are some perks. They have a very decent insurance package, for starters.

Good luck!

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2013, 03:23:29 AM »
Thnaks for the feedback really good, been working with EPIK for 3 whole yrs korea has gone me in, china in a month maybe then.

CWL

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2013, 08:56:01 AM »
EPIK for 3 whole yrs korea...

Hi wiley316

Which city or province with EPIK? 
I saw that you inquired on another thread about business visas and what not.  I had a work visa processed in Korea.  Not sure of your situation, but it can be done if you have more than 6 months left on your ARC. 

Best of luck in your job search.