Chinese Schools for the kiddies

• 20 replies
Chinese Schools for the kiddies
« on: August 30, 2008, 04:45:53 PM »
Hi to all my net friends here. agagagagag

Great to be back here and great to be in the comfort of my own home doing the net stuff
instead of those filthy, smelly, seedy wangba's (Internet cafes) bbbbbbbbbb

The thing that I didn't mention in my first post was with respect to the boys - they are going to go to a primary school and a kindie near my highschool.  The cost is minimal as my wife's father appealed to the government about these boys (being his daughter's and that they have residence in this district through owning a small place there) should be allowed to attend public schools.

These schools didn't appear to be much different to International schools - very caring and dedicated staff, great facilities, modern and with good reputations.  The boys have had 2 months of physical and mental preparation for the big event that will take place next Monday.  They are happy at having this opportunity and this has all taken place in a supportive extended family setting.   They are already talking Chinese spontaneously in certain situations and are watching Chinese TV exclusively ( Poor things!!)
Additionally they are playing and communicating with their 8 year old cousin - she also is developing a top English ability manly at her mother's insistance.

Anyway
as I said great to be back
.......... - hope to be interacting here a bit more now with the net connected at home.

wOZ

Cant wait till their grandparents come back from their overseas trip! 

Re: Chinese Schools for the kiddies
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2008, 05:21:40 PM »
Good to hear from you. Glad you are settling and all. There are lots of Chinese schools that treat kids well and provide with good knowledge. Especially private or semi-private schools. Seen some good public schools too. Good luck!  agagagagag

Ruth

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2008, 02:32:28 PM »
Good looking kids, Woz.  Hope everything goes smoothly as they start in their new schools.
If you want to walk on water, you have to get out of the boat.

Lotus Eater

• buk-buk..b'kaaaawww!
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2008, 02:56:42 PM »
Hey, Woz - my old stamping ground!

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2008, 03:19:56 PM »
Hey, WoZ, I am in Zhuhai, working as a full-time housewife and soon-to-be-mom  ahahahahah So if we are in China in about 2 years we will have to face the same dilemma about child's education.
Your family looks happy and well. Big hugs from hubby and me for you all!  agagagagag

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2008, 03:41:52 AM »
Thanks Ruth, Lotus and Cheeky
Ruth, sometimes you can strike it lucky.  This is all about guanxi that my wife's mother has with the local primary school principal.    You see Jihong's mum used to be the principal of a school for intellectually handicapped kids nearby. Sure helps to get decisions made in the right direction!  

Our eldest, Bradley was the class captain and monitor back in Australia this year at a state school and he was in a position to purchase these really cool student council shirts with Coral reef logo and school year etc and he's just saying now that he doesn't want to wear this tomorrow as it wont fit the school tone. - fairly perceptive for a Yr 1 boy wouldn't you think!!!

Lotus - "old stamping ground",  so do you mean here that you were once a primary chalkie once back in the land of the canetoad?

And Cheeky, matie, big congratulations form us here too - hope your life in the middle kingdom reverberates with wonderful fuzzy feelings every day with the arrival of the new baby.

Cheers
that feels better now,

wOZfromOZ

Lotus Eater

• buk-buk..b'kaaaawww!
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2008, 03:46:36 AM »
I was a secondary/TAFE chalkie at your next-door neighbour town, plus did some guest lecturing at the uni there.  Spent almost every 2nd weekend in your area - husband had rellies living there.  You may have heard of some of them.

Ruth

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2008, 03:09:43 PM »
Kids are genetically programmed to do whatever it takes to fit in with their peers.  But, yes, very perceptive of your son to choose not to wear his really cool Aussie clothes on the first day of school in China.  Sounds like he has true leadership potential.
If you want to walk on water, you have to get out of the boat.

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2008, 01:42:52 AM »
Glad your back, Wokka.  Forgive my addled brain, but whereabouts are you?
And there is no liar like the indignant man... -Nietszche

Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task. -William James

englishmoose.com

Mr Nobody

• This isn't Kansas, Toto.
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2008, 02:28:49 PM »
Our daughter is just about to turn 2 (same week my granma turns 98)

We are working on schooling options as well, but the Chinese education system doesn't feature too strongly. We plan to use the Oz distance learning or home schooling options, we think, if we don't move to somewhere they have western education in China, like Hong Kong.

We think maybe secondary education in the UK or Oz as a second option, with continued home schooling in China as a third. Nothing is written in stone at this time, (except my Dad's epitaph).
Just another roadkill on the information superhighway.

Bugalugs

• If we are what we eat, I'm easy, fast, and cheap.
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2008, 04:11:46 PM »
I was schooled through S.I.D.E (Schools of Isolated and Distance Education) all the way through from grade 3 to year 12. It was great i did my enterance exams and all. I loved it am even thinking about it for when i have kids.
Good girls are made from sugar and spice, I am made from Vodka and ice

Do you have and ID Ten T error??

George

• My view of China
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2008, 11:07:29 PM »
my enterance exams and all
MMM. Must have been the disterance!! bfbfbfbfbf
The higher they fly, the fewer!    http://neilson.aminus3.com/

Bugalugs

• If we are what we eat, I'm easy, fast, and cheap.
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2008, 11:31:19 PM »
Note to self, dont post till i check my typing skills.

agagagagag Cheers George
Good girls are made from sugar and spice, I am made from Vodka and ice

Do you have and ID Ten T error??

George

• My view of China
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2008, 11:41:47 PM »
 agagagagag
The higher they fly, the fewer!    http://neilson.aminus3.com/