I'm teaching my Subject Area: "I am certified and qualified here in Aus."

• 0 replies
I found out today that I'm going to be teaching 1 of 3 class groupings in the middle years program in this Years 6 and 7  ("highschool").

I'll be teaching them English 2x6 = 12 lessons a week and Geography 2x3 = 6 lessons per week.

I've never had a position in China like this before so it's going to be an interesting challenge.

This is info they sent if you're interested:
English---
Our MYP students are streamed into three groups according to their English levels.

There are Level A (almost native speakers and advanced english students), Level B and Level C.

The whole english course consists basic english (language arts), reading, writing. There are 4 or 5 language arts, two readings and one writing per week.

Chinese English teachers teach Level B and C basic language arts and another two foreign teachers teach them reading and writing.

Geography

three lessons per week for each year grade---Y6 and Y7.
both you and Aska (who is a chinese geography teacher) teach collaboratively for the first two lessons.

---that means you're teaching ESL students geography. Teachers are supposed to teach not only subject knowledge, but also english language because students are taking geography lessons together even though they have different language abilities.

for the third lesson, you and  Aska teach students separately. you take LA students, while aska takes the others.  Aska will contact you to tell you more details.

There will be around 9 foreign teachers in both IB department and Local department, who are from Canada, States, England. You’ll find we’re a big family in which everybody works with each other harmoniously.

Looking forward to seeing you soon

........they seem good - friendly, responsive and efficient......

we'll see how things go ....I'll report back later.

wOZfromOZ
« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 08:24:37 PM by wOZfromOZ »