Hand sanitizer on a China flight?

• 2 replies
Hand sanitizer on a China flight?
« on: July 22, 2020, 06:32:02 PM »
Pretty sure no liquids allowed as carry on for domestic flights, and maybe 100ml or less for international flights

https://www.travelchinaguide.com/essential/civil-aviation/

But what about my 50ml bottle of alcohol-based hand sanitizer?

Are any airlines allowing this kind of grenade as carry on?
when ur a roamin', do as the settled do o_0

AMonk

Re: Hand sanitizer on a China flight?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2020, 11:37:17 PM »
Probably not. kkkkkkkkkk

But there is no Rule that I'm aware of to say that you can't soak several squares of paper towel in the sanitizer, then place them inside a zip-top plastic bag inside your luggage/carry-on to use when you wish agagagagag
Moderation....in most things...

Nolefan

• Lord of Avalon
  • 八九不离十
    • Catania Vibe
Re: Hand sanitizer on a China flight?
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2020, 08:12:47 AM »
I personally dealt with that... here's my story:

On the way to China, via Moscow, so dealing with Italian and Russian airlines, no issues. I had my 50ml bottle of hand sanitizer and they didn't even blink at it.

On the way out, leaving from Beijing, it was a big NO for the same bottle. Basically, if it has a flammable sign, it's not allowed on board, no matter how much you argue with them. Same thing happened with a travel-size deodorant spray that i travelled with multiple times through Beijing/Shanghai and was confiscated when i went through Luoyang.

so, your mileage will vary but the rule of thumb is avoid anything with flammable signs or find a way to remove/cover them.

Many of the small size sanitizers sold now don't have it. try and get those.
alors régressons fatalement, eternellement. Des débutants, avec la peur comme exutoire à l'ignorance et Alzheimer en prof d'histoire de nos enfances!
- Random food, music and geek tales from the Catania, Sicily: http://ctvibe.com