'OZ' speakers: what's the meaning?

• 58 replies

Mr Nobody

• This isn't Kansas, Toto.
Re: 'OZ' speakers: what's the meaning?
« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2009, 08:44:28 AM »
I taught one of my classes how to make real burgers, using local ingredients and hand chopping the meat etc.

Very successful class. Pity it was my kung fu class not my English class, but what the hey?

Oh, yeah. Beetroots do NOT belong on burgers of any kind. Filthy stuff. Makes reverse projectile vomiting a favourable alternative to eating. Known contaminant causing dire physical mutations, zombification and red teeth.

And I am an Ozzie with a daughter who knows Ozzie Ozzie Ozzie, Oi Oi Oi. (In between 'China win win win', my charming wife's contribution to domestic harmony) This was taught to my then two year old during the Olympics, but now is a response to the respective flag of the country. Gotta get more Oz flags around here.
Just another roadkill on the information superhighway.

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
  • "Be specific if you order the mushrooms!"
« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2009, 01:00:10 PM »
And there you have it, from a man who quite frequently (I ain't writin' no blank checks here uuuuuuuuuu ) displays uncommon good sense and taste. bjbjbjbjbj

Also a man I'm awfully happy to see atop a barstool again. We ain't been gettin' enough borax in our diets lately, Poindexter... agagagagag
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

"Here in China we aren't just teaching...
we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)

George

• My view of China
« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2009, 01:40:22 PM »
And there you have it, from a man who quite frequently (I ain't writin' no blank checks here th_u ) displays uncommon good sense and taste.
But this ain't one of those times! Ferrgorsakes, he teaches kongfu!!
The higher they fly, the fewer!    http://neilson.aminus3.com/

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
« Reply #48 on: April 08, 2009, 01:47:54 PM »
Oh, Gerge...yes, OK, the man does have a useful and marketable skill, but I do hope you can come to put this jealousy thing behind you once and for all... kkkkkkkkkk
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)

George

• My view of China
« Reply #49 on: April 08, 2009, 02:05:33 PM »
 bibibibibi It's not a jealousy thing! It's culinary!!
The higher they fly, the fewer!    http://neilson.aminus3.com/

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
« Reply #50 on: April 08, 2009, 02:36:54 PM »
It's culinary!!

Yes!!! Exactly right!!! bfbfbfbfbf
So Mr. N's status as Instructor of Whupass was completely irrelevant in the first place... uuuuuuuuuu

ting

« Reply #51 on: April 08, 2009, 05:44:47 PM »
Well, i gotta say that you folks took this topic to heights (or lows) i would never have imaginged.  And all that nonsense about 'timtom' chocolate biscuits seem outrageous.  Once Oreo's are mentioned, all competitors slink away in shame.  There you have it on the biscuits.  Now, regarding the burgers.  Too too often here in china the one thought that is paramount is 'traditonally we do it this way' and the chinese mind stops working.  after all who can compete with the 5000 years of history and  tradition.  i would hope that our western friends, esp the americans, like duke, can understand that tradition is not necessary for wholesome eating.  in fact, i like beets any way, shape, or form and on any kind of sandwich.  who are you to push 'beetless burgers' when in fact they may be healthier?  once someone told me that if i put catsup (ketchup) on a burger, mayonnaise was forbidden: you can't have both on the same burger.  i laughed in her face-too traditional for me.  i eat as i  like, what i like, when i like. and beets, spinach, broccoli, and carrots, and coming soon, asparagus are near the top of the list-hmm good!!  i think i will try an 'asparagus burger' -trust me , it will be fabulous.

Schnerby

« Reply #52 on: April 08, 2009, 05:59:32 PM »
Asparagus, broccoli, potato, sweet potato and onion make an awesome veggie burger!  bfbfbfbfbf

Just add beetroot and you're in burger heaven!

Lotus Eater

• buk-buk..b'kaaaawww!
« Reply #53 on: April 08, 2009, 07:05:13 PM »
and follow with TimTams in all their glorious non-traditional flavours and you have a gourmet's delight.

Compared with 
"Tim Tam Dangerous Liaisons Chilli Choc Fling is a tongue tickling chilli chocolate cream nestled between chocolate biscuits, wrapped in a layer of smooth, dark chocolate... It’s a sensation your tastebuds won’t forget.

Tim Tam Dangerous Liaisons Black Forest Fantasy is a stream of cherry flavour snuggled inside black forest cream, sandwiched between rich chocolate biscuits and covered in a layer of tantalising chocolate you’re sure to fantasise about.

Tim Tam Dangerous Liaisons Creamy Truffle Temptation is a streak of gooey white chocolate encircled by dark chocolate cream, squeezed inside two rich chocolate biscuits and finished in temptingly smooth milk chocolate... one bite and you’ll melt with pleasure.
can Oreos possibly compete??

Nahh... I've been adventurous and tasted Oreos.  Not in the same ball park!!

« Reply #54 on: April 08, 2009, 07:49:30 PM »
Not in a gazillion years, Lotus....oh, and those truffle TimTams?

*ogasmiic*

Ting, you really haven't lived until you've tried a few TimTams. What you say is sacraligeous! And don't get me started in American choclate....Hershey's?

ahahahahah ahahahahah ahahahahah ahahahahah ahahahahah ahahahahah aaaaaaaaaa
10 easy steps to stop procrastination.

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
« Reply #55 on: April 08, 2009, 08:07:08 PM »
May God have mercy on your heathen souls. uuuuuuuuuu

Anyway, tradition doesn't have a damn thing to do with it. Some things are just....wrong...
People are free to eat any beet-laden mutation they want, of course, and the rest of the world is free to gape at them in horror.

Besides, who wants a healthy burger? They are an intrinsically decadent device. If I want health food I'll eat a salad...possibly even with beets on it.

And...it's all just a bit of teasing in the first place. Sheesh. bibibibibi

« Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 08:36:01 PM by Raoul Duke »

Mr Nobody

• This isn't Kansas, Toto.
« Reply #56 on: April 08, 2009, 09:16:54 PM »
Tim tams do beat Oreos, that's for sure. My mother's cat is named timtam so that should stop all arguments. The best biscuits of all time, though, are tollhouse cookies. Gotta be homemade, though. Anzacs are good too, but also need to be home made.

Veggie burger, blasphemy!

And I like all kinds of beets, including beetroot in many ways, eg borsht. Just not red pickled beetroot as found in cans and jars, and especially not on burgers, salads, or anything that I might be eating.

The truth is that it makes me very ill. Even the juice left on the sandwich after they take it off when you have repeatedly told them NO BEETROOT is enough. It isn't an alergy, but even the smell makes me nauseous. So I say it is an alergy, and they make me a new one without vile red mucousoidal drippings.

Gourmet burgers are the way. Many sauce types like thai style, greek, haiwaian, cream of mushroom, mexican, turkish, and so on, with varying salads and sauces, over a variety of flesh types eg chicken, fish, prawn, pork, mince, steak etc. Often the patties are rolled or marinated appropriately, eg rolled in coconut for thai style, or with herbs for greek. turkish was tabouli with homous over minted lamb patty.

That reminds me.

The local chain has prawn burgers for 10Y. It's just that KFC clone, but the prawn burgers are fine.

I think I'll have one for dinner.

Healthy burgers are possible. Just leave out the fatty oily types and simply grill the meat instead. And leave out the beetroot.

Maybe I should invent a wing chun burger. Heh.

Just another roadkill on the information superhighway.

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
« Reply #57 on: April 08, 2009, 09:38:15 PM »
Veggie burger, blasphemy!

Thank you. I had been restraining myself. bjbjbjbjbj

Sure, healthy burgers are possible. But at least in the American tradition, the best ones are still the ones that leave you coated to your elbows in grease. bfbfbfbfbf

Mr. N, I especially wish I could take you to Bill's Jumbo Burgers here in Tulsa. It opened back in 1960...Old Bill would go out every morning and buy the ingredients, and sell them until he ran out of meat. At that point he'd promptly close down and go fishing.
Helluva fella. agagagagag
His children and grandchildren still run the place today, and the burgers are still a bit of onion-infused, artery-hardening heaven...
It's mentioned with other local greats at http://www.tulsaworld.com/TWPDFs/2007/SpecialSections/W_111507_OF_34.pdf

Schnerby

« Reply #58 on: April 08, 2009, 11:21:09 PM »
Well I'll just go and enjoy my vegetable goodness in peace. Mock if you will, but my arteries will be thanking me.

But at least in the American tradition, the best ones are still the ones that leave you coated to your elbows in grease.
aaaaaaaaaa You actually WANT that?

Oh yeah, a prawn burger?  aaaaaaaaaa

Sometimes I think I'm so misunderstood...  ahahahahah