Is This For Real?

• 12 replies

decurso

• Chinese Rocks
Is This For Real?
« on: April 22, 2007, 09:16:37 AM »
Pulled this off That's Beijing today...

We are looking for the racist American teacher who is the American native English speaker (only the American from the USA, and the racist white people ,thanks)as our training center teacher .

We don't care if you are the Native American Indians, we don't want you. We don't want anyone of Spanish, Indian, Arab, African or Asian descent. We will take DNA testing to make sure you are 100 white because we don't want any half breeds as well.

This is a new real racist American style training center. We

decurso

• Chinese Rocks
Re: Is This For Real?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2007, 09:18:30 AM »
Aya..too much beer! Meant to post this in the BS thread.Brains...help!!!

AMonk

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2007, 08:21:17 PM »
It has been my experience that the majority of racists/bigots don't have a sufficient degree of humour that would be necessary to formulate this elaborate a joke.  They are too deadly serious about themselves and their Rightness to even contemplate being amusing to others.

I would expect (and hope) that this is a tongue-in-cheek advertisement.......although maybe "Roger" could apply?....

Moderation....in most things...

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
  • "Be specific if you order the mushrooms!"
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2007, 05:46:42 AM »
Yeah. Gotta be a prank, plus poor reading-over at TB.
Sounds like a disgruntled Chinese teacher of English. Or at least a disgruntled non-Caucasian FT.
I'd be disgruntled, too.
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

"Here in China we aren't just teaching...
we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)

Mr Nobody

• This isn't Kansas, Toto.
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2007, 08:00:29 AM »
What does 'gruntled' mean? Prior to disgruntlement, I mean.
Just another roadkill on the information superhighway.

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2007, 06:50:23 PM »
I'm sure it's a prank in response to many ads on thatsbj. Stuff like "White Native English speaker" or similar really make some foreign teachers upset.

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
  • "Be specific if you order the mushrooms!"
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2007, 07:57:34 PM »
Including me.

Specifying "native speaker" is somewhat understandable, although in some venues people who learned it as a foreign language are actually better teachers.

Specifying "white" is just iginit.  ayayayayay
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

"Here in China we aren't just teaching...
we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2007, 08:23:56 PM »
I thought it was kind of funny.  If a Sino wrote that, I'm impressed.
And there is no liar like the indignant man... -Nietszche

Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task. -William James

englishmoose.com

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2007, 06:55:35 AM »
Funny.

woza

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2007, 08:52:06 PM »
So are any of you Americans going to apply?  I think it would be great if you could get a free DNA test.
It would be something like reading your family history.   If I sent my blood would they know I am from Australia?   Of course not. I have none of the aforementioned blood running through my veins or do I?
I could pass as American purely on my blood but would have to work on the accent but would they know?
As far as rascism is concerned.  Should I have a test?   I would love to do that because I think I am racist but want to know for sure.
Would it involve a lie detector test I have never had one of those but would love to try.  I love trying new things
Could you send me the link even though I don't think I want to work in Beijing.
Cheers Woza

Newbs

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2007, 11:48:56 PM »
Well said Woza.

Also, do you need to teach bigotry?  Reading some of the forum stuff from China Daily, seems to me that the locals don't need to import any foreigners to teach 'em bigotry.

Gotta be a joke, and good on the guy (non-gender specific) for pulling it off.

Monkey King

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2007, 05:42:32 AM »
They forgot to include that the applicant should be under 25 and have a PHD in Applied Linguistics for good measure...a mate of mine was interviewing for a part time job the other day and the guy on the other end asked him to do an American accent over the phone (only upon learning he was a Brit, mind - I am sure he wouldn't have had a clue where he was from otherwise).  When he refused the recruiter then proceeded to ask if he knew any real American teachers, but not Blacks or ABCs of course, they won't do...you can also sometimes find ad's that will specifically offer lower wages to Filipino teachers...

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2007, 09:29:02 AM »
Pulled this off That's Beijing today...

We are looking for the racist American teacher who is the American native English speaker (only the American from the USA, and the racist white people ,thanks)as our training center teacher .

We don't care if you are the Native American Indians, we don't want you. We don't want anyone of Spanish, Indian, Arab, African or Asian descent. We will take DNA testing to make sure you are 100 white because we don't want any half breeds as well.

This is a new real racist American style training center. We

I would send a letter to that school and tell them that before I would ever agree to work for them I would require that the bosses of that school submit to some DNA test that they are really human being and pure Chinese and not some aliens from Antarctica, Jupiter or any other place. If this ad is serious, I would refuse to work for them - even though I am 100 % white - or red, blue, green?? (I should perhaps warn them - due to some genetic manipulations, I suddenly turn green at night and would look like a nasty crocodile that may give them a big bite...lol).