tourist visa from HK after successfully ending contract?

• 6 replies

piglet

• Piglet's House
tourist visa from HK after successfully ending contract?
« on: October 28, 2012, 04:27:19 PM »
Hi all
I know this is a tough one and has been addressed before. But is it possible (and/or advisable) to get a tourist visa in HK after we finish our contract at our school just to go travelling around for a month or so? I know mileage varies it's just the school are saying if we don't sign on for an additional year our contract will run out punkt when we finish the job end of June,but if we agree to stay another year they will extend us from March for an additional year till March 2014..
We don't want to stay on but we do want to take in some places we haven't seen yet (Xinjiang for example)
Is this feasible? bjbjbjbjbj
For people who like peace and quiet - a phoneless cord

Re: tourist visa from HK after successfully ending contract?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2012, 09:39:36 PM »
My understanding is that your local PSB will give you (no need to go with a school representative) a one month tourist visa at the end of your contract unless they have some reason to want to get rid of you sooner, in which case they will give you a 10 day transit visa. As always in China, this can vary from place to place.

Welcome to Xinjiang!

piglet

• Piglet's House
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2012, 02:47:26 PM »
cool hope to make it up there lindamao I have a student from there and he keeps raving on about the wonderful scenery.

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
  • "Be specific if you order the mushrooms!"
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2012, 03:30:34 PM »
As always in China, this can vary from place to place.

Most definitely. Check on this in your area; my understanding is that in general the PSB is under no obligation to give you any tourist or transit visa at all. It can literally depend on someone's mood at the time.

One thing I can tell you: I'd rather leave without the tourism than let the school bully me into renewing my contract! asasasasas
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

"Here in China we aren't just teaching...
we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)

piglet

• Piglet's House
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2012, 04:53:33 PM »
Oh no RD my school are totally hunky dory  akakakakak akakakakak I really like it here! Just have to go back home for a while to sort out family stuff.Hope to return and work here after that. But my dad i turning 90 next month and I am scared to leave him for too long.I recommend this place to anyone it is great. Kids are super weak but nice.

Nolefan

• Lord of Avalon
  • 八九不离十
    • Catania Vibe
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2012, 05:19:27 PM »
what they said :-)

Your local PSB should be able to handle it, especially if the school is cooperating. skip the cost of a HK trip if you don't have to do it.

alors régressons fatalement, eternellement. Des débutants, avec la peur comme exutoire à l'ignorance et Alzheimer en prof d'histoire de nos enfances!
- Random food, music and geek tales from the Catania, Sicily: http://ctvibe.com

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
  • "Be specific if you order the mushrooms!"
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2012, 06:44:38 PM »
I recommend this place to anyone it is great.

Good. I'm glad I misunderstood your OP! bfbfbfbfbf
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

"Here in China we aren't just teaching...
we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)