Classroom Games.

• 10 replies

George

• My view of China
Classroom Games.
« on: February 27, 2010, 09:11:59 PM »
Peoples, I have been developing some games, using my own photos. I have a couple of levels of "Go Fish", and a couple of levels of "Bingo". If you are teaching Primary, or Junior Middle School, and would like to "test-drive" these games, I will send them to you. I am planning on getting them published, (somehow), and your feedback would be invaluable. PM me with your name and address...IN CHINESE, and I will get back to you. agagagagag
The higher they fly, the fewer!    http://neilson.aminus3.com/

Re: Classroom Games.
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2010, 06:54:31 AM »
getting them published??  Lulu is pretty good to get yourself self published. I've done it already and hope to do it again soon...
One and only Chinese/English Comic strip on the web.  See my profile for the website!

Foscolo

• Boom boom!
    • ELTpublishing
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2010, 11:35:47 AM »
Quite easy to get published for no money online (if they're suitable, I'll happily put them up on my www.eltgames.com site ), but getting published professionally is much harder. Basically, there are far more teachers who can write usable material than are needed to supply the market. Getting published and getting paid for it requires, well, insert the aphorisms of your choice featuring words such as "luck", "persistence", "selling your soul to Satan" etc.
Free stuff for teaching English with jokes: ESLjokes.net.

kitano

• Children of the Atom
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2010, 05:39:41 PM »
maybe we could split the topic cos i have developed a few lesson plans/games/ppts etc which i would have paid something a few pounds to have downloaded a few years ago when i had no experience or idea how to plan lessons

i'd love to get some money for them but is it feasible with so much free stuff out there?

this is something i'm quite interested in because i love money for work i've already done :D

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2010, 03:38:37 AM »
I must say that Georges games are very good and that my older kids really enjoyed them.

George

• My view of China
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2010, 10:28:54 AM »
Thanks Barf, but will they sell?

Foscolo

• Boom boom!
    • ELTpublishing
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2010, 11:32:50 AM »
I now work full time writing ESL materials. Do you want to hear my words of wisdom? No, of course you don't, and I can't say I blame you. But there they are anyway...

I'm sure your games are great, but "I have these activities. Will they sell?" may not be the best way to look at it. A better way might be "I have this ability to write stuff that's OK. What can I do with it that that's most likely to go somewhere?" Don't focus too much on individual pieces of work. I think making that mistake made it take longer for me to be able to quit classroom teaching, which I was finding unacceptably badly paid.
Free stuff for teaching English with jokes: ESLjokes.net.

mlaeux

• How's the water?
    • Fukushima has changed everything.
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2010, 11:50:58 AM »
I'm sure your games are great, but "I have these activities. Will they sell?" may not be the best way to look at it. A better way might be "I have this ability to write stuff that's OK. What can I do with it that that's most likely to go somewhere?" Don't focus too much on individual pieces of work. I think making that mistake made it take longer for me to be able to quit classroom teaching, which I was finding unacceptably badly paid.

Foscolo - My ultimate goal is to write ESL curriculum too. I'm interested in your philosophy on the subject. Do you have any other nuggets of wisdom you would like to share?

Or is that off topic? Maybe I should start a new thread?

George

• My view of China
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2010, 12:13:51 PM »
Do you want to hear my words of wisdom? No, of course you don't,
Actually, we probably do! This thread will suffice. Spill the beans, please.

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2010, 03:56:14 PM »
Peoples, I have been developing some games, using my own photos. I have a couple of levels of "Go Fish", and a couple of levels of "Bingo". If you are teaching Primary, or Junior Middle School, and would like to "test-drive" these games, I will send them to you. I am planning on getting them published, (somehow), and your feedback would be invaluable. PM me with your name and address...IN CHINESE, and I will get back to you. agagagagag

Hi George, I'm teaching EAP to freshmen college Ss and would love to test your games...

George

• My view of China
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2010, 04:05:20 PM »
Ach, they are really designed for Primary and junior Middle School. May be too simple for College dtudents.