Visa requirements

• 12 replies

eggcluck

• Still standing
Visa requirements
« on: January 14, 2016, 04:31:38 AM »
So a prospective employer has sent me the following list of what is needed for a Z visa now:

1. Highest certificate of graduation- It must be written in Chinese and notarized then you have to send it to Chinese embassy. Your certificate must be certified by them as it’s real one.

2. A degree certificate

3. Certificate of working experience

4. Criminal record- It must be written in Chinese and notarized.

5. Medical check- You can get it in health care institution which is officially admitted from the Chinese embassy in U.K. (The result about AIDS, HIV must be added and must be written in Chinese and notarized)

6. Copy of your passport

7. TEFL, TESOL certificates.

8. Passport photos- 5 piece.

9. Release letter from your ex-company.

10. Recommendation letter from your ex-company

Does this mean to say they expect me to get everything translated and that I have to pay for it? I asked them directly and as usual no straight answer. And can 1 and 2 be the same as I only have my degree.

EDIT : Yes, I have to get them translated and pay for it myself. Is this normal now or should I tell this employer thanks, but no thanks?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 06:18:01 AM by eggcluck »
Still standing

Re: Visa requirements
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2016, 01:26:46 PM »
I think some of this (new notarised) stuff is becoming normal in some provinces. I've certainly read a theead about Jiangsu, and I guess there's a high likelihood that's where you're applying to.

http://forums.eslcafe.com/job/viewtopic.php?t=113002&sid=ce02d3a448bd203a2bade4146e6cadfb

Sorry for linking to the greasy spoon, but the thread is relevant, and as I say, maybe particularly so to eggcluck.

I don't think it seems to be a widespread national thing at the moment. I'm sure provinces copy each other, but I expect they'll always be significantly different from each other.

Tree

• This personal text is false.
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2016, 03:58:09 PM »
FWIW, I changed jobs six months ago [which might as well be an eternity when it comes to new bureaucratic regulations]. Notarization and translation was not required. However, there's a chance it was done "in house" here without my knowledge, but when I went to get my RP I saw nothing of the sort.
The greatest and most important problems of life are all in a certain sense insoluble. They can never be solved, but only outgrown.
- Jung

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2016, 05:38:01 PM »
I can corroborate this new change in Jiangsu visa requirements. Just had a WeChat interview with Xuzhou Medical College. Told me that I would need to provide a Criminal Record Check and have my degree notarized at the Chinese consulate.

babala

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2016, 01:21:18 AM »
Are these new regulations for people outside of China only? I've noticed that all people who have been asked to provide these documents are in their home countries. I haven't heard of anyone in country who has had to provide this kind of documentation.
Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. Homer Simpson

eggcluck

• Still standing
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2016, 02:40:29 AM »
I am in country and it has been demanded they told me yesterday and for some crazy reason I am expected to submit it all tomorrow. Yes because I can just conjure it all up, teleport myself back to the homeland fork out a few thousand RMB for translations and stamps then teleport back with it all.

I am left with no choice but to return to the homeland to get it all done, if I have the cash to get it all done that it is. But before I can do that I would have to get some thigns sorted out this end. Of course as look would have like most employers I have talked to They expect to ride a train for several hours to "be seen" stay at a hotel and then ride back the next day all on my expense.
Still standing

Nolefan

• Lord of Avalon
  • 八九不离十
    • Catania Vibe
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2016, 05:40:25 AM »
regulations are about to change again, so say my sources in Beijing.

Extensions are as easy as ever but new comers have a few hurdles to jump
alors régressons fatalement, eternellement. Des débutants, avec la peur comme exutoire à l'ignorance et Alzheimer en prof d'histoire de nos enfances!
- Random food, music and geek tales from the Catania, Sicily: http://ctvibe.com

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2016, 07:09:23 PM »
the degree accredation and notarization came into effect in Jiangsu back in October/november. It is a real pain in the butt to get done. And expensive also. It is causing me a lot of grief, along with the criminal record check. It is all easy and cheap to do if you are in your home country but a real pain and pricy if not...

eggcluck

• Still standing
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2016, 04:29:50 PM »
Well I am supposed to be going back to the homeland to do it, but the school is in a frenzy over the time remaining. I had problems getting the release letter, certificate of work experience and recommendation letter from the current place. The FAO is new and thinks as I do not need all that for here then I do not really need it for anywhere else. She then thinks they are all one and the same document and gives me three copies only for Jiangsu to turn round and say "no".

So I give each other phone numbers and then the FAO release her mistake, apparently me telling her is not valid. So now she is unhappy as she has to work into the holiday to do it and by time she has them ready I will not longer be in China due to me having to leave the apartment as a colleague used me in one of his lies to cover his tracks and they thought I had already left and now someone else is coming into the apartment I am being rushed out and have to abandon a lot of things. The FAO is unwilling to post to the homeland and is giving them to the current foreign teacher manager then I then have to get them from him somehow.

The have now also added a requirement for a degree transcript or " a route to an online one" which I do not have. So I have to try and contact my old uni, of course I have to pay to get it notarized  bibibibibi. The school is apparently also unwilling to process it in the homeland from scratch as they want me to return with all the docs to do it in country. I would have preferred to just do it as if I was coming first time from the homeland.
Still standing

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2016, 06:06:23 PM »
What a ridiculous set of circumstances, but I suppose TIC as they say.

eggcluck

• Still standing
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2016, 04:10:22 AM »
I still do not have this damn thing resolved and feel like going on a destructive rampage.

Well I got the docs from the old employer resolved and sent to me. However a new problem has reared its ugly head. After forking out 700 RMB for translations I am told they are not needed if I do it in the UK. That said they seem intent on me getting all the docs and jetting off back to China to do my visa there and I still must arrive by FEB 29.

That is all well and good but I am told that I have to have them notarised something I have just paid 1000 RMB for, only to then get some vague mention about legalisation with is something different. The Chinese visa centre took a few days to get in touch with after all contact details on their website proved to be dead links. They were not very helpful and just send " do as the employer asks" then send the documents for your Z application.  Seemingly ignoring the part about my already having a residence permit and I was transferring to a new employer. The embassy website other than holiday notifications has not been updated since 2013, and can not be contacted for visas ( unless diplomatic) and thus I have to try and go through this "visa centre"

I then still somehow need to send the docs to the Chinese embassy for authentication, where they make a vague reference to legalised documents ( hence my ranting earlier). However they provide no information on how to do so or what address to send the documents to and as mentioned earlier and I can not contact them directly about this process for the visa documents.

EDIT - after I ordered the service the visa centre finally told me that I have to legalise the document. I have to wait 3 days for the translation then send it off pay >600 RMB then wait some more days.  I now think I do not have enough time and the costs are really piling up.

:alcoholic: :alcoholic: :alcoholic: :alcoholic:
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 07:51:01 AM by eggcluck »
Still standing

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2016, 09:37:33 PM »
i know the feeling. I am still going through the same bloody thing, and i am supposed to start work next monday. :alcoholic: :alcoholic: :alcoholic:

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2016, 07:16:28 PM »
Does anyone find it ironic that here, in China, where every single law is bent and twisted out of all proportion, foreigners are still trying to jump through the hoops as if they are set in stone? If you know the school and they want you, THEY will do the leg-work (most the time).