Rockies English school in China

• 4 replies
Rockies English school in China
« on: August 19, 2014, 05:40:56 AM »
Rockies English school in Dalian, Guangzhou and Fujian, their Email is rockiescc@163.com , and their website is http://www.rockiesenglish.com/rockiesenglish.com/index.html .I worked for them last year and my experiences with them were not good at all. Rockies English school are agents in that they hire out foreign teachers to partner schools within their network, and the foreign teachers have a contract with this company directly, and not with the school.

First of all, they will make you sign one or several contracts but you will never see a properly counter-signed contract copy for yourself, and in such a case it is not a legally binding contract, right? Second, the pay is mostly late, some teachers had to wait one and half a month until they were paid.  In that case, you have to pay the travel expenses yourself, although in China it's normally the employer who does or who will refund your expenses. They also basically refund your expense.

During the summer and winter holidays there is no pay, they pay you only for the days you have been actually teaching. Why do you need an agent for that, I can't see any sense in that! This tremendous bureaucracy causing delay in the salaries to be paid has a system as they seem to work with that money meanwhile in other areas while the teacher is waiting for his pay and has to phone the head office to ask for his money. This is causing unneccessary stress and takes too much of your time, so why should you work for them if there is always such a hassle to get your money? Only fools would do, right? The same with airfare reimbursement and other benefits promised to you in their so-called "contracts".

If you don't want unnecessary hassle, stay away from them - this is a well-meant advice.

There is hardly anything professional in this company. While they are not only agents, but also active in other business fields, it is all done with such a high degree of unprofessionalism and dilettantism that you can only wonder how they get away with it.

I suggest give such agents a miss and don't work for them, they are only there to make your life miserable!

Re: Rockies English school in China
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2014, 10:11:40 PM »
Hiring foreign staff out in this manner is actually illegal and you can report them for it, if you have documentary evidence of this being the case and are able to present this within the terms of the legal and regulatory context at work of course. 

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2014, 05:50:21 PM »
I am a Canadian manager for Rockies English School writing in response to the above posting.  For one, if there are management issues, I am willing to bear responsibility.  However, I want to know if you are actually  a Rockies former teacher, as several of the things you wrote about raise questions.  One, Rockies is not an agent, as any of our teacher knows.  We have our own centers and programs that we directly manage using our own textbooks.  You dont sound like you know our system.  Two, Rockies hire hundreds of teachers a year throughout China for the last 14 years. If pay is as you say routinely late for one month or more, why has the schools not collapsed already?  Unless you can tell me your name and the center you worked at, I cant verify your statement. You mentioned in your post that some teachers are paid late, but obviously from the sound of it, it hasnt happened to you and you are writing a post based on hearsay.

I am not sure who you are, but if mistakes have been made on our part, we will deal with issues as they arise.  However, we will deal with facts, as opposed to unverifiable statements.

BrandeX

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2014, 08:31:44 PM »
Don't bother, whomever wrote that: came here, made that one post, and never logged in again to this site.

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2016, 01:31:19 AM »
To be fair, not everything is Rockies' fault as a recruiter. Many times schools are causing trouble... I've got some friends who are satisfied, the others had terrible experience. If you wanna gamble, it's up to you.