Sejong Korean School - Qingdao

• 10 replies
Sejong Korean School - Qingdao
« on: July 04, 2007, 11:05:55 PM »
Just curious to know if anyone has heard of/about or had any dealings with the Sejong Korean School in Qingdao.

I have already accepted a position there (only becuase a close friend of mine has worked there for a year already and has vouched for them being a great school, and I've met and spoken to on of the other FTs there also). But it doesn't hurt to get other view points.

Thanks.
LT
Courage is not the absense of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.

moon over parma

Re: Sejong Korean School - Qingdao
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2007, 11:33:26 PM »
Just curious to know if anyone has heard of/about or had any dealings with the Sejong Korean School in Qingdao.

I have already accepted a position there (only becuase a close friend of mine has worked there for a year already and has vouched for them being a great school, and I've met and spoken to on of the other FTs there also). But it doesn't hurt to get other view points.

Thanks.
LT

I don't have information but congrats on the new gig, and good luck, LT.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2007, 07:30:18 AM by moon over parma »

Nolefan

• Lord of Avalon
  • 八九不离十
    • Catania Vibe
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2007, 01:06:22 AM »

see if Cheeky can help. that used to be her stomping grounds a few years back and she still knows folks over there.
alors régressons fatalement, eternellement. Des débutants, avec la peur comme exutoire à l'ignorance et Alzheimer en prof d'histoire de nos enfances!
- Random food, music and geek tales from the Catania, Sicily: http://ctvibe.com

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2007, 06:12:52 AM »
LT, go to www.thatsqingdao.com
Is recruiter's name Gary de Souza by any chance?

icebear

• ????
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2007, 04:24:59 PM »
I think a friend of mine just accepted a position here as well.

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2007, 02:23:33 AM »
Thanks Cheeks. I did try that site, but info was a bit scarce.

I didn't actually use a recruiter. I went directly to the school.... in a manner of speaking. I gave my resume to my friend who gave it to the head of the English Dept, who's responsible for the hiring.
Courage is not the absense of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.

Stil

• ChangshaNotes
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2007, 03:47:29 AM »
Congratulations LT.

Errr, does this mean I have to give back the qipiao?

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2007, 04:09:50 AM »
You can keep that one as a going away present from me to you... but I want my shoes back.

(and sorry, banter ceasing now  bfbfbfbfbf)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2007, 04:11:38 AM by Lone Traveller »

Stil

• ChangshaNotes
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2007, 04:18:42 AM »
Ok, they are a little big for me anyway.

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
  • "Be specific if you order the mushrooms!"
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2007, 06:47:38 AM »
LT, I'm so happy you didn't use a recruiter that I'm actually glad to see the banter. akakakakak
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

"Here in China we aren't just teaching...
we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2007, 08:11:50 AM »
Ok, wrong word - that person isn't a DOS at the Korean school. I am not sure which one, there are two of them.