Movie/film thread: resurrected

• 2327 replies

cruisemonkey

• You could be next.
Re: Movie/film thread: resurrected
« Reply #1770 on: May 18, 2014, 03:30:32 PM »
I've seen the trailers for Belle when I watch PBS (Nova, Nature, Frontline etc.) online and made a mental note -
'Miss this'.

It might be a good 'chick flick'.
ababababab
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 03:47:52 PM by cruisemonkey »
The Koreans once gave me five minutes notice - I didn't know what to do with the extra time.

cruisemonkey

• You could be next.
« Reply #1771 on: May 18, 2014, 03:37:22 PM »
Pompeii  - A real disaster

LOL... the ending was volcanically corny.
The Koreans once gave me five minutes notice - I didn't know what to do with the extra time.

« Reply #1772 on: May 19, 2014, 12:58:37 PM »
I've seen the trailers for Belle when I watch PBS (Nova, Nature, Frontline etc.) online and made a mental note -
'Miss this'.

It might be a good 'chick flick'.
ababababab

I am not a fan of "chick flicks", but I am interested in human behaviour, particularly back in those days. It is interesting to compare the behaviour of people today. If any guys do see it, I would be interested in your views.   I saw "The other woman" starring Cameron Diaz but it didn't do much for me as it was a "chick flick" I had to see because it was the only one left for me to see in the Theatre.

If you want to see a crude film, see "Bad Neighbours" starring Seth Rogen and Zac Efron. They talked too much and too fast for me and I didn't really need to see a baby chewing a condom he found on the front lawn. bibibibibi

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #1773 on: May 19, 2014, 11:53:40 PM »
Hostel I, II, and III.  Some vacations end badly. Very, very badly.   uuuuuuuuuu  Definitely not for the squeamish. aaaaaaaaaa

Snow Piercer.  I tried to like this movie, but couldn't.  Brainless shoot-em-ups are usually fun, but this wasn't.  I'd say this new low in slow-motion train wrecks made the extinction of humanity look like the best of all possible options. kkkkkkkkkk  If you want death, action, and adventure in an unusual environment, get a copy of Snakes on a Plane.

Tokarev.  Nice try at an "vengeance leads to more sorrow" movie, but when the final source of the weapon is revealed, they don't explain how the guy was stupid enough to retain such a thing in such an easily accessed location or why the cops didn't ever bother to pursue such an obvious possibility.  Those 2 yawning chasms of plot holes sort of ruined what was a very noble concept.

Joss Whedon's Much Ado About Nothing.  Who knew Joss could do such an incredibly great job messing about a bit with Shakespeare? agagagagag

Dead Snow (finally got my wife to watch this one agagagagag).  Let's see.  A remote cabin and some clueless students on vacation.  Just add one or more heartless killing machines to complete the equation.  Zombies?  Not bad, but more is needed.  In this case, more is provided.
Nazi Zombies. hhhhhhhhhh
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

« Reply #1774 on: May 24, 2014, 12:57:40 PM »
"HEALING" starring Hugo Weaving and Don Hany will probably be of interest to the Aussies over there. This story is inspired by true events and is set in a low security Prison farm 200 km outside of Melbourne in regional Victoria.  The senior case worker (Hugo Weaving) has established a unique program to rehabilitate broken men through giving them the responsibility for the rehabilitation of injured raptors - beautiful, fearsome proud eagles, falcons and owls.  Against all odds, Hugo takes on Don Hany as his number one test case, introducing him to Yasmine, the majestic Wedge-tailed Eagle with a two metre wing span. If these two can tame each other, then anything is possible.  Being a country person for most of my life, I really enjoyed this show, given that we nursed many creatures back to their being able to be released into their native habitat. bfbfbfbfbf

« Reply #1775 on: June 01, 2014, 02:12:27 PM »
"A million ways to die in the west"  starring Seth MacFarlane and Charlize Theron. The verdict is that it is filthy but fun.  I was a bit surprised at some of the toilet humour and the curse words used. It riffs on the peculiarities of the 1880's such as the high value of the dollar and the fact that no one smiles in photos. My old neighbour said "that was fun wasn't it" which surprised me, particularly given scenes like the sheep with human looking penises. aoaoaoaoao

« Reply #1776 on: June 05, 2014, 12:49:04 PM »
"MALEFICENT" starring Angelina Jolie, Elle Fanning etc. was an interesting movie. I wasn't going to bother seeing it, but I'm not sorry that I did. It is the story about a beautiful pure hearted  young girl who became the evil fairy princess who cursed Princess Aurora in Sleeping Beauty. I know it doesn't sound like a guy's movie, but there were guys in the audience. I suspect that they came to perv on Angelina. I loved the visual effects. bfbfbfbfbf

« Reply #1777 on: June 05, 2014, 04:05:28 PM »
300 Rise of an Empire

Possibly the stupidest movie ever. A vastly homoerotic collection of grandiose, pompous accents with shaven chests but still they had beards - seriously, not a chest hair amongst them all but they had beards? - and worse: actually quite dull. Gouts of blood everywhere, people skewered on spears, boats crushing one another like some totally legitimate oil prospecting in international waters and yet, kinda boring. Not knowing enough to be camp, not substantive enough to be cathartic.

There were boobs though. There were boobs everywhere. I thought the manchests would never end.
when ur a roamin', do as the settled do o_0

cruisemonkey

• You could be next.
« Reply #1778 on: June 05, 2014, 07:04:26 PM »
300 Rise of an Empire

Possibly the stupidest movie ever. A vastly homoerotic collection of grandiose, pompous accents with shaven chests but still they had beards - seriously, not a chest hair amongst them all but they had beards? ... There were boobs though. There were boobs everywhere.

Were they hairy boobs?

« Reply #1779 on: June 05, 2014, 07:06:58 PM »
They were chiseled manchests of glory. Ergo, clean shaven. Possibly waxed.

cruisemonkey

• You could be next.
« Reply #1780 on: June 05, 2014, 09:23:24 PM »
They were chiseled manchests of glory.

Men have boobs?

« Reply #1781 on: June 05, 2014, 09:47:13 PM »
This is not a question I feel comfortable answering.

« Reply #1782 on: June 06, 2014, 01:38:49 AM »
300 Rise of an Empire

Possibly the stupidest movie ever. A vastly homoerotic collection of grandiose, pompous accents with shaven chests but still they had beards - seriously, not a chest hair amongst them all but they had beards? - and worse: actually quite dull. Gouts of blood everywhere, people skewered on spears, boats crushing one another like some totally legitimate oil prospecting in international waters and yet, kinda boring. Not knowing enough to be camp, not substantive enough to be cathartic.

There were boobs though. There were boobs everywhere. I thought the manchests would never end.

I agree completely. It was one of the most disappointing movies I have seen recently.
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

"It's all oojah cum spiffy". Bertie Wooster.
"The stars are God's daisy chain" Madeleine Bassett.

A-Train

« Reply #1783 on: June 06, 2014, 04:00:54 AM »
300 Rise of an Empire

... A vastly homoerotic collection of grandiose, pompous accents with shaven chests..

It aint called the RISE of an Empire for nothin'
"The young do not know enough to be prudent, and therefore attempt the impossible and achieve it, generation after generation.

Pearl S. Buck

Stil

• ChangshaNotes
« Reply #1784 on: June 06, 2014, 12:44:07 PM »
300 Rise of an Empire

I agree completely. It was one of the most disappointing movies I have seen recently.

I'm surprised you were disappointed. Did you not see 300? A sequel to a steaming pile was bound to be a larger steaming pile.