A Hard Rain's Gonna Fall... (THE VISA NIGHTMARE!)

• 545 replies
Re: A Hard Rain's Gonna Fall... (THE VISA NIGHTMARE!)
« Reply #225 on: July 02, 2008, 11:25:48 PM »
Just talked to the embassy. Now, the nice man told me that the embassy only gives out single entry Z visa, then you go to China, get registered, with the PSB I guess and then they provide you with multiple entry permit dohickey. Does this sound normal to you guys?
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

"It's all oojah cum spiffy". Bertie Wooster.
"The stars are God's daisy chain" Madeleine Bassett.

George

• My view of China
« Reply #226 on: July 02, 2008, 11:29:14 PM »
Yes. You get the "Z" to get in, and the Residence Permit to stay....and come and go, and come and go......until it expires.
The higher they fly, the fewer!    http://neilson.aminus3.com/

« Reply #227 on: July 02, 2008, 11:33:18 PM »
Thanks, George. All is good then. They even said that it would take no more than 5-6 days to handle my application, if I have all the necessary documents, which I have.
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

"It's all oojah cum spiffy". Bertie Wooster.
"The stars are God's daisy chain" Madeleine Bassett.

« Reply #228 on: July 02, 2008, 11:38:31 PM »
See, that's what I dont get now - they want Z visa which they canceled couple years ago and instead they stamp residency in the passport with a purpose of work. Does ANYONE here have a visa that has Z letter in it?

Lotus Eater

• buk-buk..b'kaaaawww!
« Reply #229 on: July 03, 2008, 12:30:03 AM »
My 2004 and 2005 visas were Z visas - Z stamped clearly on the top.  06,07, 08 are all residency permits.

Ruth

« Reply #230 on: July 03, 2008, 01:40:00 AM »
Mine are the same as Lotus's.  (Please tell me I used the apostrophe correctly.)
If you want to walk on water, you have to get out of the boat.

« Reply #231 on: July 03, 2008, 03:02:09 AM »
I just checked mine and it is a residency permit.  I just assumed it was a 'Z'.  I know the local police put it in.
Be kind to dragons for thou are crunchy when roasted and taste good with brie.

« Reply #232 on: July 03, 2008, 03:56:07 AM »
same for me. That's what I am talking about - they don't give Z visas anymore. I guess it is a miscommunication *up there*...

George

• My view of China
« Reply #233 on: July 03, 2008, 04:02:01 AM »
They don't give "Z" visas to people already in the country! You get a "Z" visa to ENTER the country to work. Then you get a Residence Permit!!

« Reply #234 on: July 03, 2008, 04:08:50 AM »
Yes, it is now. Before it was different. I used to get 1 month Z visa in Qingdao and the rest was covered by the green book and foreign expert's certificate. So if i wanted to leave the country and come back I would get a re-entry Z visa and never had any problems. Then they changed whole system. And those cute green books disappeared...

Lotus Eater

• buk-buk..b'kaaaawww!
« Reply #235 on: July 03, 2008, 06:22:35 AM »
The Xi'an PSB isn't giving the yellow slip when they take the passport for visa renewal.  When it was mentioned that other places do, the answer was, "This isn't Shanghai".

« Reply #236 on: July 03, 2008, 10:48:42 AM »
Wow. Well, they may want to read some rules and regulations book - PSB in Beijing told us it is the rule for when the person wants to travel...

Wags

« Reply #237 on: July 03, 2008, 04:07:26 PM »
They don't give "Z" visas to people already in the country! You get a "Z" visa to ENTER the country to work. Then you get a Residence Permit!!

Sorry George but your wrong. I haven't left here since arriving on a tourist visa 3 & 1/2 years ago and since I've had 4, about to be 5 Z visa's issued to me whilst in country.

George

• My view of China
« Reply #238 on: July 03, 2008, 04:27:35 PM »
....and no Res Permit??

offtopic
but your wrong
And YOU'RE wrong too! ahahahahah ahahahahah

DWA

« Reply #239 on: July 03, 2008, 07:12:48 PM »
I apologize bibibibibi for injecting my thoughts here............BUT,

My Z Visa has a begining date Augsust 24, 2007 and an ending date August 24, 2008.  So, from what I understand, a new Z Visa will have to be issued, or I am not legal here.

From my meager knowledge of these legal things, when my Z Visa expires August 24, 2008, and all I get is a new Residency permit, am I legal or not?  Sounds to me like renewal of the Z Visa is required since the one I have is about to expire.

I am not an expert on these things.......I have garnered much from the knowledge base here. bfbfbfbfbf.....asking for expert advice  afafafafaf.....and Thank You Very Much!!!