A Hard Rain's Gonna Fall... (THE VISA NIGHTMARE!)

• 545 replies

Nolefan

• Lord of Avalon
  • 八九不离十
    • Catania Vibe
Re: A Hard Rain's Gonna Fall... (THE VISA NIGHTMARE!)
« Reply #150 on: June 10, 2008, 02:49:09 AM »

I recall being consistently asked for my entry date over the past year and half, especially in Hebei Province. Last time i was down in Suzhou however, they couldn't seem to care less
alors régressons fatalement, eternellement. Des débutants, avec la peur comme exutoire à l'ignorance et Alzheimer en prof d'histoire de nos enfances!
- Random food, music and geek tales from the Catania, Sicily: http://ctvibe.com

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
  • "Be specific if you order the mushrooms!"
« Reply #151 on: June 10, 2008, 06:44:35 AM »
Nah. We gots better things to do here. jjjjjjjjjj iiiiiiiiii afafafafaf uuuuuuuuuu

But I've been to hotels all over...Qingdao, Dalian, Anshan, Changchun, Beijing, Wuxi, Jilin and Liaoning Provinces, Hunan Province, Zhejiang Province, and more. Never been asked for this anywhere... mmmmmmmmmm

But hey...a good friend just easily got a visa from a place whose very own official website say it just ain't happenin'. The world is going mad... ssssssssss

Except of course for China, which was barking mad from the very beginning anyway. bfbfbfbfbf agagagagag
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

"Here in China we aren't just teaching...
we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)

« Reply #152 on: June 10, 2008, 09:26:03 PM »
Except of course for China, which was barking mad from the very beginning anyway. bfbfbfbfbf agagagagag

ahahahahah ahahahahah

« Reply #153 on: June 11, 2008, 02:27:53 PM »

I have gotten the question, "When did you enter China," when checking into a hotel in the past, which seems to me one of those useless, illogical questions that Chinese like to ask from time to time.

Now, I tell them 2005, because this is the last time that I came back from vacation in Vietnam, although China has been my home since 2001.

Senor

DWA

« Reply #154 on: June 13, 2008, 05:17:38 AM »
Update about Inner Mongolia Z Visa.....for anyone moving to teach this year....

I regularly chat with the Director of the Foreign Language Dept at college in Tongliao who told me today that  ""because of the Olympic Games, it is a little troublesome to get foreign expert certificate approved by the Inner Mongolian government, and we have asked the local police station to make sure when we can do that.""

So,the Foreign Teachers they have lined up are due a real deal.....most likely.  I don't know how much clout the FAO Director has or if he is due any "favors"!!! but could be tricky!!!

An aside here....somewhere I remember seeing or hearing that the Inner Mongolia University for the Nationalities in Tongliao http://www.imun.eu.cn is the only legal game in town......that true??

When I hear more, will let everyone know.....

Lotus Eater

• buk-buk..b'kaaaawww!
« Reply #155 on: June 13, 2008, 12:46:56 PM »
If you are trying to get friends or family over here for holidays, what I have found works is to send 2 invitations to them - one stating that they will be staying with you and that one includes copies of residence permit and passport.  The 2nd invitation stated that they would stay at a hotel (and the FAO gave me a dodgy booking form for the uni hotel!).  Both invitations had a detailed itinerary stating what we would be doing each day.  This however could become exceptionally flexible once he arrives here.  ahahahahah ahahahahah ahahahahah

They can take in the invitation and accompanying paperwork that they feel their local consulate will accept.

« Reply #156 on: June 13, 2008, 01:05:25 PM »
LE, you have definitely learned how to play

Lotus Eater

• buk-buk..b'kaaaawww!
« Reply #157 on: June 13, 2008, 05:55:55 PM »
Not just us having problems.

Austrade to fight Olympic visa cuts

Glenda Korporaal | June 13, 2008

THE federal Government's trade promotion arm Austrade will protest to China over a crackdown on the issue of visas to foreigners, which is hampering relations in the lead-up to the Beijing Olympic Games.

The crackdown, prompted by security concerns and the fear of human rights protesters entering China, was disrupting Australian business travel to the country, Austrade chief executive Peter O'Byrne said last night.

"We understand the visa tightening is driven by security concerns around the Beijing 2008 Olympic Games, but it also affects business beyond this period," Mr O'Byrne said.

Austrade has plans for a big campaign in Beijing during the Olympics to promote business ties between Australia and China. Called Business Club Australia, the program will involve hundreds of Australian business people from a range of industries.

Australian corporations including Macquarie Group, BHP Billiton and Telstra have plans for corporate events to be held during the Games.

Chinese Olympic organisers have warned that buying a ticket to the Games will not guarantee a visa.

"We are taking up this matter with the Chinese embassy on behalf of the Australian business community, which includes business travellers to the Olympics and Austrade's Business Club Australia program," Mr O'Byrne said.

Beijing's unprecedented move comes as Games broadcasters reach boiling point with Chinese Olympic organisers in trying to resolve key logistical issues for their coverage.

Olympic host broadcasters say China's increasing security concerns and bureaucracy are hobbling their preparations.

International Olympic Committee president Jacques Rogge is set to discuss the issues with senior IOC officials in Lausanne next week.

Australia's senior IOC member, Kevan Gosper, warned yesterday that the Beijing Olympics risked a backlash similar to the 1996 Atlanta Games if China failed to resolve significant problems affecting host television broadcasters.

The Australian reported yesterday that broadcasters, including the Seven Network, had crisis talks with Olympic organisers to resolve issues relating to filming in Tiananmen Square, accreditation for key personnel, official lockdown dates, importing broadcasting equipment, movement of workers and equipment and uninterrupted mobile phone services.

In minutes of the meetings obtained by The Australian, Scott Moore from Canadian broadcaster CBC said the inability to report live from Tiananmen was "a disgrace".

"I've been told that to do business in China, you have to have patience," Mr Moore said.

"We don't have time to have patience."

Seven has refused to comment on meetings in Beijing at which key executives vented their frustration and concerns about China's failure to deliver on its promises, and the layers of oppressive security and bureaucracy it was imposing.

« Reply #158 on: June 13, 2008, 06:05:19 PM »
The didn't really think working with the Chinese was going to be that easy, surely? Surely? ahahahahah

ahahahahah ahahahahah ahahahahah
10 easy steps to stop procrastination.

Wags

« Reply #159 on: June 14, 2008, 01:00:23 PM »
The didn't really think working with the Chinese was going to be that easy, surely? Surely? ahahahahah

ahahahahah ahahahahah ahahahahah

agagagagag well said Becster, I'm sure they have the time because they want the money  ahahahahah ahahahahah ahahahahah

Lotus Eater

• buk-buk..b'kaaaawww!
« Reply #160 on: June 14, 2008, 01:09:44 PM »
Isn't it the media networks GIVING money to the Chinese Gov't for the rights to broadcast?  I thought their own money came in advertising during the Games broadcast.

The more difficult the Chinese Gov't makes it for people to come here during the Games the fewer people will come and the less money there will be coming into the country.   This one definitely wasn't thought through before bidding for the Games.  ahahahahah ahahahahah
« Last Edit: June 15, 2008, 02:47:25 AM by Lotus Eater »

« Reply #161 on: June 14, 2008, 02:10:07 PM »
I think it's an attempt by China to head the Olympic Boycotters off at the pass by shooting itself in the foot before the boycotters can shoot them in the head.  Or something.
It is too early to say.

Shroomy

« Reply #162 on: June 14, 2008, 04:23:32 PM »
I think CD's got it figured out, if only he had a little more coffee in him.  ahahahahah
Back home and still confused about what the locals are saying.

DWA

« Reply #163 on: June 16, 2008, 11:29:34 PM »
I have been working with a University in Tongliao, Inner Mongolia for over a month resolving questions.....mainly theirs.....and finally ws convinced I had covered all the necesary bases. I signed the paperwork and EMS'd it back this morning and also emailed it. My call advising them of my actions was well received and we discussed moving and several other dutious details.  There was no mention of any problems obtaining correct Visa and Permits....I even asked the question !!

Less than an hour ago, I received an email from the FAO Director that the Police told him this morning they will issue no new Z Visa or Residency permits until mid to late September and all is shown to be clear from the Big Games.

Imagine my angst !!!  So I have been burning up the phone finding out what they can do. I even asked it they are owed any favors for anything which they might use.

So much for the "Big Game Syndrome".....and like has been posted here by many.

Disgrunted and still searching.....Damn games

Nolefan

• Lord of Avalon
  • 八九不离十
    • Catania Vibe
« Reply #164 on: June 16, 2008, 11:42:46 PM »

hum... sorry to hear about your ordeal...

In Beijing, thins are slowly improving.. visa agents are coming back out of the woodwork and there are multiple reports of even F visa being issued to last til end of october.
No problem or whatsoever as far as residence permits go.
alors régressons fatalement, eternellement. Des débutants, avec la peur comme exutoire à l'ignorance et Alzheimer en prof d'histoire de nos enfances!
- Random food, music and geek tales from the Catania, Sicily: http://ctvibe.com