xbox, Wii etc

• 9 replies

jpd01

xbox, Wii etc
« on: May 24, 2011, 05:52:27 PM »
Hey guys I was wondering if anyone likes playing games online. I have an xbox and a wii but I can't figure out for the life of me how to connect them to my wireless interet. My wireless internet is one of those weird Chinese ones that first connects to the wireless router and THEN you need to make a broad band connection to get access to the internet.
Any advice on how I could hook my game systems up to this kind of weird Chinese wireless as of course my wii acts like a computer but can't function exactly like one.
"I don't understand what I did wrong except live a life that everyone is jealous of." Charlie Sheen.

old34

Re: xbox, Wii etc
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2011, 09:14:00 PM »
If you have a Wii and you bought it here in China, it's probably modded. If you are playing the 5RMB games you buy at the local electronics markets, then it certainly has been modded.

DO NOT try to connect it to the Internet because as soon as it connects, Nintendo will automatically push an upgrade that wipes out your modifications. At best, you won't be able to play the games you previously were playing. At worst, your Wii will be bricked.

Well, maybe things have changed, but I got my Wii about 4 years ago and a couple of years ago I thought it would be fun to connect it to the internet. Figured out how to do it and within 30 seconds of connecting, I lost all ability to play any of my games. Had to go down to the electronics shop and have them re-configure and roll back my machine.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad. - B. O'Driscoll.
TIC is knowing that, in China, your fruit salad WILL come with cherry tomatoes AND all slathered in mayo. - old34.

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2011, 09:16:45 PM »
 aoaoaoaoao Not sure about the Chinese routers. The one I have works the same as back home. Unless you have a shiny new xbox (also known as the stealth box) it does not have built in Wireless. You need to buy an external wireless adapter or plug in directly.  The wii is different it should be easy, just go into the setting find the wireless connection and input the password.

HOWEVER!!!!!

If you are playing copied games (as you may or may not be, do not admit it on a public forum) then be careful because both microsoft and nintendo do sweeps occasionally, every console rigged for copied games can have their firmware flashed. There is always the possibility of having a very expensive plastic box.

jpd01

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2011, 03:47:42 AM »
I'm thinking that probably people are not getting my point, I know how to go online in normal circumstances but wireless connections (my home wireless connection to be exact) are strangely set up. Normally you would connect to the router and then off you go but my connection requires you to connect via WIFI and THEN set up a broadband style connection , not connected via lan of course just needs there to be one set up to access the internet.
"I don't understand what I did wrong except live a life that everyone is jealous of." Charlie Sheen.

old34

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2011, 04:31:11 AM »
Is your Wii system English or Japanese?
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad. - B. O'Driscoll.
TIC is knowing that, in China, your fruit salad WILL come with cherry tomatoes AND all slathered in mayo. - old34.

jpd01

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2011, 05:03:00 AM »
It's in English. And just to clarify it's a requirement of my internet connection to creat a broadband connection not my WII or xbox asking to do it.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 05:09:11 AM by jpd01 »

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2011, 10:42:07 PM »
with the wii then it will be softmodded and maybe it is possible to play online, but i wont try with mine.

It is interesting ,as the wii can connect to wifi and use it to upgrade the homebrew parts, but I dont think it would wort with online games due to the afformentioned forced firmware update.

I will have an x box next week, which i think may be able to go online, but probably wont last for long without being banned (plus you have to pay for xbox live, screw that)

personally i wouldnt want to play iwi online, it's not really got well enough structured online, it used to be a bitch to find a match in england.

jpd01

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2011, 12:39:21 AM »
I just use  just use the online play to get my mario cart on!! The updates with nintendo are always optional so you don't have to upgrade until a patch for your soft mod has come out.
I changed my internet and now just use a wireless router for my online fun.

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2011, 06:58:11 PM »
oh really? i'ma check that out when i have time then, although i imagine online mario kart to be very frustrating

jpd01

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2011, 06:23:34 PM »
I love it. It's how I spend my downtime, sometimes I can connect with some of my mates in Australia and play online together for a few hours is brilliant.