bulletproof whiteboards

• 5 replies

CWL

bulletproof whiteboards
« on: August 18, 2013, 11:14:33 AM »
http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2013-08-15/news/bs-md-bulletproof-white-boards-20130815_1_maryland-eastern-shore-whiteboards-maryland-association

The high-tech tablet — which hangs on a hook, measures 18 by 20 inches and comes in pink, blue and green — can be used as a personal shield for professors under attack, according to the company that makes it, and a portable writing pad in quieter times.

Yee Haw!

xwarrior

Re: bulletproof whiteboards
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2013, 11:37:16 AM »
The size (or lack of it) worries me. I can visualise having to make decisions about which area of my body to leave unprotected; cover my face and my ability to propogate the human race is threatened, lowering the shield will expose my head to to the threat of a rather fast form of lead poisoning.

Maybe some fast up and down movements could prevent any bullet finding its target. Anyone who is unsure of how to effect this should watch any movie starring Syl Stallone for pointers on technique.

It all seems very American. I imagine that British authorities would issue cricket boxes to all male staff members, and notify female teachers that in the event of an attack they should stand behind a male teacher.

I think it would be cheaper for a school to provide every teacher with a gun. Then they could shoot anyone who walked through the door.         
I have my standards. They may be low, but I have them.
- Bette Midler

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2013, 03:19:20 PM »
I think it would be cheaper for a school to provide every teacher with a gun. Then they could shoot anyone who walked through the door.        

Only those who have done their homework shall survive...

Borkya

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2013, 03:42:40 PM »

Since I'm american all my students actually think I DO have a gun. I tell them not to mess me with me or I'll show them.  ahahahahah

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2013, 04:18:01 PM »
Though this is somewhat funny, its also in bad taste. If I was part of a family who lost someone at Sandy Hook, I'd be insulted at how this company is trying to profit from the tragedy
For you to insult me, first I must value your opinion

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2013, 07:31:04 PM »

Only those who have done their homework shall survive...

If I'd followed this policy during the year of hell teaching US middle schoolers, I'd have had about 3 to 5 survivors in each class.

I'll vote for it. agagagagag
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com