Visa 2013

• 21 replies
Re: Visa 2013
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2013, 02:34:14 AM »
Registering for beichaka after coming here, they saw my previous visits visas and asked why I wasn't on the system for them. Before, I was just on holidays so never registered with PSB each time, for 3 years! Ulp! But luckily my city had a new police dept and we just said we had registered at the `old` one.(and we are friends with the new dept manager) They bought it so put me on fresh but boy do they like to check things....

« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2013, 02:41:51 AM »
Chat about the new visa regs as we come up to the introduction of the new State Regulations on the 1st:

http://www.haohaoreport.com/l/45086

« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2013, 04:29:42 AM »
Having just been briefed about this by my new employer it seems the new regulations, if I understand them correctly, means that some of us who are pushing the age ceiling (60) which I am, might be given a 'stay of execution' in that once we have the new residence permit, and our schools/employers want to offer us new contracts each year then we do not have to apply for the z visa year after year and get caught by the age 60 trap.  The new residence permit as I understand it lasts for 5 years, so basically as long as my employer wants to employ me I can stay - is that correct?
Dr. Rob Burton

« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2013, 05:34:54 AM »
Yes and no...That is how the rules look on paper but there is no guarantee that that is how they are enforced. Basically, whatever the rules should be, the rules will be what the Powers That Be wants them to be in any given situation. There is no such thing as a definite, clear, fixed rule in China. Much like good cheese, it is a concept that the locals have heard about, spent a few nights pondering and then deciding that it was too weird and proceeded to pretend it does not exist.  agagagagag
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

"It's all oojah cum spiffy". Bertie Wooster.
"The stars are God's daisy chain" Madeleine Bassett.

xwarrior

« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2013, 03:59:08 AM »
This site looks as though it will be useful for American and Chinese citizens:

http://lawandborder.com/

and for everyone, this section has a very good explanation of the new regulations:

http://lawandborder.com/faq-new-china-visa-law/#VISAS_STAY_CERTIFICATES_AND_RESIDENCE_PERMITS_IN_GENERAL

I have my standards. They may be low, but I have them.
- Bette Midler

« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2013, 10:47:01 PM »
I need to make a quick visa extension for a month. It suddenly came up - long story. The g/f doesn't have time to get her HK visa so we thought we might go to the Consulate General in Jeju, South Korea. Checking and phoning has resulted in a number of "I don't knows" Does anyone know if I could get an M visa there?

I can go anywhere, but I'd like to take the g/f with me. The other choice is Jakarta
For you to insult me, first I must value your opinion

xwarrior

« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2013, 01:58:46 AM »
Only consulate I know that does M visas for foreigners from other countries is Los Angeles.

Under the new rules you can get a 1 month extension to a visa so maybe places like Guangzhou can still do extensions at the PSB.

Hong Kong is still an option for a one month extension. Maybe your girlfriend could wait in Shenzhen while you process the visa - or use a HK visa company and get them to courier your passport/new visa to your hotel in Shenzhen.
I have my standards. They may be low, but I have them.
- Bette Midler