So, what's the Chinesiest thing you've ever done?

• 76 replies
So, what's the Chinesiest thing you've ever done?
« on: January 10, 2011, 05:10:02 AM »
Like the sign says, how much of a Middle Kindom ren have you become? I don't mean spit in public or order dinner fluently.

The other day as I was leaving to go to work I noticed something strange about my attire. I am a huge clothes horse, I brought over quite a colllection. Yet, I found that every article I was wearing was made AND bought in China. The shirt, sweater, gouchies, socks, shoes etc. I thought, hmmm. I guess I've been here a while now. It seemed like not that long ago
For you to insult me, first I must value your opinion

Re: So, what's the Chinesiest thing you've ever done?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2011, 01:58:25 PM »
I just had noodles for breakfast, washed down with coffee...I mean, noodles...tian na!!! Slowly going native... agagagagag agagagagag
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

"It's all oojah cum spiffy". Bertie Wooster.
"The stars are God's daisy chain" Madeleine Bassett.

xwarrior

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2011, 02:59:42 PM »
I find myself walking past McDonald's to a place that has Chinese hamburgers (niu jia mo) for 3RMB.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 09:09:00 PM by xwarrior »
I have my standards. They may be low, but I have them.
- Bette Midler

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2011, 08:27:58 PM »
Hmm, I gave birth to not one, but two kids in Chinese hospitals.  aoaoaoaoao

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2011, 09:28:24 PM »
Hmm, I gave birth to not one, but two kids in Chinese hospitals.  aoaoaoaoao

Now, now, if it was Chinesiest you would only have had 'one' kid.    bjbjbjbjbj agagagagag
Be kind to dragons for thou are crunchy when roasted and taste good with brie.

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2011, 09:58:11 PM »
I find myself walking past McDonald's to a place that has Chinese hamburgers (niu jia mo) for 3RMB.

I would have thought going into McD's/KFC is considered the Chinese thing to do now

Hmm, I gave birth to not one, but two kids in Chinese hospitals.  aoaoaoaoao

Okay, you win but that's not fair.

seanf

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2011, 02:33:06 AM »
Eating the chicken feet in hot pot that my girlfriend's Mother ordered - not something I would consider in the UK

Sean :-)

Monkey King

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2011, 03:26:52 AM »
I once violently suppressed an ethnic uprising in one of my far flung provinces and then kept it hidden from myself for the sake of harmony.   :wtf:

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2011, 06:49:47 PM »
I once violently suppressed an ethnic uprising in one of my far flung provinces and then kept it hidden from myself for the sake of harmony
I had one last night, down in the fiery nether regions. Thought that blanket coverage would prevent any domestic disharmony, but the coverage shifted and it leaked out. Then the better half of the population became aware of the incident, and I was condemned to a re-education program.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 08:22:33 PM by latefordinner »

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2011, 08:33:19 PM »
I once violently suppressed an ethnic uprising in one of my far flung provinces and then kept it hidden from myself for the sake of harmony

I had one last night, down in the fiery nether regions. Thought that blanket coverage would prevent any domestic disharmony, but the coverage shifted and it leaked out. Then the better half of the population became aware of the incident, and I was condemned to a re-education program.

You guys are sick fucks   cbcbcbcbcb remind me of me

Dex

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2011, 10:01:24 PM »
I have found myself dropping litter on my own floor to think 'oh, I'll sweep it up later, it's just a floor'.

Next I'll be walking to the shops in my pj's and duffle winter slippers  mmmmmmmmmm
Train + China + Spring Festival = Torture

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2011, 02:02:10 AM »
I first came to China just over 4 years ago, but have a 12 year old Chinese daughter, an 8 year old Chinese ward (not quite sure what the term is for her), and more Chinese nieces and nephews than I can count.

I'm currently planning my big fat Chinese wedding. (Happily, my Chinese fiancee is neither big nor fat.)

I attend Dragon Boat practice, both first and second practice sessions, every day leading up to the festival.   Next year, they might even be able to make an exception to requiring a local hukou and let me compete in the race.

I live in a Chinese house in a Chinese village.  I'm the only foreigner here.  I've never even heard of another one setting foot inside my village. (Edit:  Oh wait - just remembered.  One other USanian was in the village with me one time in 2007.)

I can use a pair of chopsticks with each hand - at the same time.

I love baijiu.  I accidentally ended up in a baijiu drinking contest with my village's drinking champion and somehow I didn't even die.  I've started an Alcohols of China collection and am trying to get some made in each province. jjjjjjjjjj

I spent New Years Eve in one of the local police stations - drinking with a couple of my local police friends.  I even got to play with some of the riot gear.  Not even sure why they have the gear.  No one local seems to have riots and I only incite them in the city, never in my village. ahahahahah
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 07:09:16 PM by Escaped Lunatic »
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

Paul

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2011, 02:33:43 AM »
Respect, O fat foringer!

Dex

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2011, 03:59:54 AM »
...oh, and I took a hard seat ride from Beijing to Hami (Xinjiang) which is almost three days - all to 'save money'. Hardship, but sweet fun (until I found out they don't dim the lights in any way in seat-class at night!).

I made this journey, err,,, I think about 3 times! Huh.
Train + China + Spring Festival = Torture

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2011, 04:35:58 AM »
not a very Chinese thing to do, but I kind of miss travelling by hard seat. You see, I used to have one route that I travelled once a week (about 4 hours, not 3 days) two summers in a row, and I used to use that time to collect my thoughts stories and what-not in a notebook. I even labelled the book yingzuoche. Now of course my company pays for my flights but on an airplane you don't see the country and meet the people as you do travelling by train.