Fantasy Hockey?

• 141 replies
Re: Fantasy Hockey?
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2007, 02:11:33 AM »
Ugh, me too. Idiot goalie let in 9 goals!  aeaeaeaeae aeaeaeaeae aeaeaeaeae aeaeaeaeae aeaeaeaeae aeaeaeaeae aeaeaeaeae aeaeaeaeae aeaeaeaeae Maybe I'm old-fashioned, but I'd think they'd yank him after, say, 5. llllllllll
And there is no liar like the indignant man... -Nietszche

Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task. -William James

englishmoose.com

Eagle

• Through a Jungian Lens
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2007, 03:06:47 AM »
Second player to go IR so I had to boot one.  Havlat is now on the back burner in case he gets well.  For a brief moment I find myself in the strange land of first place.  With eight points in each category, the placings fluctuate quickly unlike last year where if you got to first place, it took a lot to move out of that zone.
“… whatever reality may be, it will to some extent be shaped by the lens
through which we see it.” (James Hollis)

George

• My view of China
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2007, 12:18:27 AM »
Anybody else noticed this? I just checked my starting players totals for yesterday and they are added wrong!! eg I'm credited with 5 assists, but I add up 7!! Is this a a CON spiracy??
The higher they fly, the fewer!    http://neilson.aminus3.com/

« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2007, 12:37:59 AM »
George are you looking at the number of assists or the points you have received from the assists.  You have 32 assists and that is worth 8 points.
Be kind to dragons for thou are crunchy when roasted and taste good with brie.

Eagle

• Through a Jungian Lens
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2007, 01:36:07 AM »
Not the total number of anything.  It is the number in relation to the numbers posted by others.  The top number posted gets 8, and then it is all downhill from there.  Getting 5 points means that your team had the fifth best total for that item.

George

• My view of China
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2007, 02:09:09 AM »
No! You are misunderstanding me. I'm looking at my own team sheet, not the Overall stats for the league.
gaborik..2 assists
Zubov..1
Timmonen..2
datsyuk..2
That adds up to 7 as far as my maths go.
Starting Lineup Totals

* 5............assists

« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2007, 12:01:44 PM »
If a guy wasn't in the starting lineup for you, the points he scored wouldn't count...

Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task. -William James

englishmoose.com

George

• My view of China
« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2007, 12:41:15 PM »
Thanks Con. I hadn't noticed one lazy bastard was on the bloody bench!! asasasasas asasasasas

« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2007, 12:21:02 AM »
Boy, slow start for me.  I have nearly every players in tonight, so I'd better see results.

englishmoose.com

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
  • "Be specific if you order the mushrooms!"
« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2007, 09:50:48 AM »
Fergit it, pal. This one is already over. aeaeaeaeae
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

"Here in China we aren't just teaching...
we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)

Eagle

• Through a Jungian Lens
« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2007, 02:13:56 PM »
Conceding defeat already?  Never!  The points move too fast.  Injuries to the right team and a change of work ethic and luck for another team and "Voilà!"  Like 48 hours ago I was in first place by a healthy margin.  Now, I am ten points behind the leader.  That is lightning fast for change.  Last year the change in points was always small.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2007, 02:15:48 PM by Eagle »

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
  • "Be specific if you order the mushrooms!"
« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2007, 02:04:18 AM »
Hey, just tryin' ta spare yez the pain and embarrassment. uuuuuuuuuu
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

"Here in China we aren't just teaching...
we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)

« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2007, 02:16:08 AM »
Pain, I'm feeling.  A few too many slow starts for my liking- my team's better than the stats are showing so far, but still... bqbqbqbqbq bqbqbqbqbq gggggggggg pppppppppp

englishmoose.com

« Reply #43 on: October 16, 2007, 09:28:39 PM »
Okay, I did the wait-and-see thing, given it's only a few games into the season, but I finally pulled the trigger.

David Vyborny, that stupid-assed name of yours was a warning.  I never liked you before and now I have a coal shovel with your name on it. GET OUT!!!  azazazazaz

Kari Lehtonen, you've been  bbbbbbbbbb on people's GAA stats for 3 seasons now. Hit the bricks. ayayayayay

Ryan Suter, what kind of numbers are those? if you can't score or play defense, at least get into a fight.  I'm out of patience.  dddddddddd

Here's hoping that'll wake up the rest of my lineup. asasasasas

englishmoose.com

George

• My view of China
« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2007, 09:59:28 PM »
Yer gotta make 'em realise who's boss, Con!! agagagagag