Same old "What's in the name?"

• 107 replies
Same old "What's in the name?"
« on: April 19, 2007, 06:46:04 PM »
So... we do it all the time. Already like a little tradition. But we will have new members joining. And I don't think anyone will be moving topics except for those most informative ones. So... tell tell tell - why you chose this nickname? (I am particularly interested why Con changed his nickname. Finally got your zip done???)

cheekygal. Comes from a very long time ago, when I first came to China. Cheeky as in "tricky, cunning". Gal as in girl. People usually associate it with something else. Oh, well.

Re: Same old "What's in the name?"
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2007, 06:59:46 PM »
I love dragons,  atatatatat 
I collect dragons,  atatatatat
I read books about dragons,  atatatatat

Did I mention I like dragons???    atatatatat

ahahahahah agagagagag  ahahahahah
Be kind to dragons for thou are crunchy when roasted and taste good with brie.

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2007, 07:01:32 PM »
Well, mine is pretty straight forward. I'm Traveling on my own, hense Lone Traveler.

Not very exciting.
Courage is not the absense of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2007, 07:09:28 PM »
That's what you think. It is both exciting and attractive. Now think why  ahahahahah

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2007, 07:11:30 PM »
Can't imagine what you mean Cheeks?  uuuuuuuuuu
Courage is not the absense of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.

Bugalugs

• If we are what we eat, I'm easy, fast, and cheap.
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2007, 07:29:05 PM »
Bugalugs....Well is was a nickname given to me at TAFE (it's kinda like a college), my lecturer gave it to me and some how it stuck, please don't let it fool you though, im not as cute and sweet as the name suggests.

cbcbcbcbcb cbcbcbcbcb tttttttttt tttttttttt tttttttttt
Good girls are made from sugar and spice, I am made from Vodka and ice

Do you have and ID Ten T error??

AMonk

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2007, 07:31:42 PM »
Version of my real name......boring, really.
Moderation....in most things...

Stil

• ChangshaNotes
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2007, 07:49:19 PM »
Bugalugs....Well is was a nickname given to me at TAFE (it's kinda like a college), my lecturer gave it to me and some how it stuck, please don't let it fool you though, im not as cute and sweet as the name suggests.

Oh, that special prof eh?  uuuuuuuuuu

Nolefan

• Lord of Avalon
  • 八九不离十
    • Catania Vibe
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2007, 08:04:38 PM »

another boring story...

I had applied for an account at the spoon using my usual nickname but for whatever reason, it never got activated.. I was a few days removed from coming to China and needed access so just applied for another one the same day FSU defeated UF in their season finale... just stuck with it.
Now, it's automatic... any new forum I go on, I use Nolefan.. haven't used "sixxdog" in ages
alors régressons fatalement, eternellement. Des débutants, avec la peur comme exutoire à l'ignorance et Alzheimer en prof d'histoire de nos enfances!
- Random food, music and geek tales from the Catania, Sicily: http://ctvibe.com

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2007, 09:15:41 PM »
Ummm.... Sixxdog?

(maybe I shouldn't ask) mmmmmmmmmm

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2007, 09:24:31 PM »
Erik the Red was a Viking with red hair who liked to travel, encounter new cultures and then pillage and plunder them.

I live in the land of Vikings and have red hair. I failed my GCSE in pillaging and plundering. Got thrown out of the longboat for having pink glasses bibibibibi                                                                                                                   
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

"It's all oojah cum spiffy". Bertie Wooster.
"The stars are God's daisy chain" Madeleine Bassett.

George

• My view of China
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2007, 09:44:47 PM »
I was once asked my name at a convention registration thing. Feeling frivolous (as you do)I made up a name. I still had my tag on when I got home, so all my housemates started calling me George. It has become a badge of Honour.....especially with the often used prefix,"The dreaded..."
The higher they fly, the fewer!    http://neilson.aminus3.com/

Stil

• ChangshaNotes
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2007, 10:41:45 PM »
In University I preferred to study at a pub rather than in the library. I often would be in there all day. Waitress worked split shifts and would come back and say 'You still here?' They started just calling me 'Still'. One of them wrote my name on a board for a football pool. Spelling wasn't her best attribute (although, she did have a pair of spectacular attributes) and she wrote STIL. Name stuck.

DaDan

• Yeppers! We`be livin now!
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2007, 11:08:06 PM »
I'm not sure how I got this one,
somethin bout when I 1st regerestereded at the saloon, it didn't work, after sending Raoul, he sent me back an email saying what my user name & password are...
So I'm DaDan & stickin top it.... `here
me pappy sayd... 
Once ya get past the smell... ...:P ... `You got it licked...

Eagle

• Through a Jungian Lens
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2007, 11:46:51 PM »
My first ancestor to Canada in 1663 came in a boat called the Golden Eagle (L'Aigle Dor).  Over the years, I have been given quite a few eagles as I was principal of a school where the sports teams were called the Eagles.  My office was the Eagle's Nest, a name I also used for the monthly principal's newsletters (From the Eagle's Nest).  Somehow, it just happened and I live with it.  Eagle sounds so "violent" when I am really just a small and cuddly teddy bear type of person.
“… whatever reality may be, it will to some extent be shaped by the lens
through which we see it.” (James Hollis)