The football/soccer thread

• 188 replies
The football/soccer thread
« on: December 30, 2007, 07:34:52 AM »
I know there was the "England v Croatia" thread a while back, but I'm starting this one anyway as that one has died a death.  I'm hoping some others will contribute.

Anyway, some pretty shocking results today, especially:

Tottenham 6 Reading 4 (Chew on that, all you "Soccer has boring scorelines colonials - and last week we had Chelsea 4 Villa 4)
West Ham 2 Man U 1 - permit me a moment of self indulgent celebration

agagagagag agagagagag agagagagag agagagagag agagagagag agagagagag agagagagag agagagagag agagagagag jjjjjjjjjj jjjjjjjjjj jjjjjjjjjj jjjjjjjjjj jjjjjjjjjj jjjjjjjjjj jjjjjjjjjj jjjjjjjjjj

Sunderland 3 Bolton 1
It is too early to say.

George

• My view of China
Re: The football/soccer thread
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2007, 10:36:12 AM »
Tottenham 6 Reading 4 (Chew on that, all you "Soccer has boring scorelines colonials -
What? Only 10 goals for the whole game? How boring!!
The higher they fly, the fewer!    http://neilson.aminus3.com/

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2007, 03:40:21 PM »
;)
It is too early to say.

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2007, 06:48:42 PM »
I watch all mine via sopcast.  I get the individual match links on www.myp2p.eu

I've virtually seen every West ham game this season.

I've thought about getting that special channel, which I've been reliably informed costs 588 RMB for the year from the post office, but so far I've been fine with sopcast so no real need.

Didn't see the highlights of your game yet.  Watched our game in full though.  Will download MOTD later.
It is too early to say.

Nolefan

• Lord of Avalon
  • 八九不离十
    • Catania Vibe
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2007, 07:57:28 PM »
myp2p.eu is heaven sent! I've used it to watch my NFL and college football games all season!...

alors régressons fatalement, eternellement. Des débutants, avec la peur comme exutoire à l'ignorance et Alzheimer en prof d'histoire de nos enfances!
- Random food, music and geek tales from the Catania, Sicily: http://ctvibe.com

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2007, 11:51:57 PM »
Cool link, thanks.

Yeah i was a bit gutted when this season started to find out they have decided to charge for the footie. Used to be real cool getting so much for free, and apaart from the champions league i really like the time difference. 10pm is a good time for watching matches - mind you, there is no set kick off time these days.

I'm moving home in a couple of weeks and i might pay for the games in my new place, i'll let you know.
The future's so bright i gotta wear shades

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2008, 06:16:13 AM »
I bet on the EPL here but you cab only brt parlays which are difficult.

I have AV and POMPEI to win with draws from EVT and WSTHM. I think scew me up  will be the ARS match.

Story of my life---a day late  and a dollar short. ARS are winning 4-1 at the moment,

I think---I dont care I'll be drinking Cuban rum and smoking Cohibvas soon.

I'm dronk! bibibibibi

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2008, 06:24:04 AM »
4-1? It's 2-0
It is too early to say.

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2008, 06:51:42 AM »
A few freaky scores in the FA Cup:

Blackburn 1 Coventry 3
Everton 0 Oldham 1 (still 30 mins to play in that though)
Huddersfield 2 Brum 1
It is too early to say.

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2008, 05:18:07 PM »
That's true, and the FA cup is quite annoying predictable these days with only the big 4 ever winning.  However, our run to the 2006 FA Cup final was very exciting, as was the final, and I still seethe when I see replays of that gerrard goal.  asasasasas

As soon as he scored that, and scored one of the penalties in the shootout, I knew he would then add insult to injury by having a shite world cup, and probably miss a penalty for England.
 asasasasas
It is too early to say.

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2008, 04:02:22 PM »
Just watched the Chelsea v Everton game. A great performance by my boys. Pretty sure we will make the final and fingers crossed after last nights game it will be spurs we meet there.

And Big Sam just got the boot. I'm glad, not for him of course as i think he's a pretty good manager, but because this will only screw Newcastle even more and they deserve to be screwed.

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2008, 04:10:37 PM »
Your boys being Everton or Chelsea?

I reckon Everton can get to the final in the second leg though.  A 1-0 win isn't beyond them, by any stretch of the imagination.
It is too early to say.

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2008, 11:07:51 PM »
I'm a Chelsea boy and not one of the new ones, born and bred.( i don't know why, but i always find the need to say that these days )

Yeah i'm not saying we're already through, Everton played pretty good and really want a final - but then i think we do too.

But i do hope spurs can make it, i think another chelsea arsenal final is not what most people want.

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2008, 01:07:59 AM »
I'd like to see a spurs-everton final.  I don't like either team that much but I'm getting a bit sick of the Big Four monopoly on all the trophies...
It is too early to say.

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2008, 01:19:31 AM »
Anyone have any wagering adice for Saturday?  I'm looking at this and thinking there is serious coin to be won.

OK the locks are--ManU  ARS CHE and POMPEI

now the tough ones are Rovers-Boro and TOT-SUN.

What do you make of the latter 2.?  Or upsets?