How Do You Guys Receive Mail and Phone Messages Back Home?

• 1 replies

Ivyman

How Do You Guys Receive Mail and Phone Messages Back Home?
« on: December 30, 2023, 05:33:16 AM »
Hi Everyone,

I know mail and some phone messages have been collecting at my family's house in the US.

1. Do you guys rent a P.O. box to receive the mail?

2. Are there services that will open the mail, process it, and return it back?

(I heard there are Filipino personal assistants that will do this).

3. What about having a phone number or answering machine, in the home country, to get messages?

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
Re: How Do You Guys Receive Mail and Phone Messages Back Home?
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2023, 05:16:50 PM »
1.  I have a trusted friend who gets what little mail I still have in the US.  If it's important, digital photos of it are forwarded to me.

2.  Search for mail forwarding services.  Just be aware that international forwarding will be a lot more expensive than domestic forwarding.  You can save money by having them send it all once per month, but that could delay time sensitive items.

3.  A certain very large email provider that's part of an EXTREMELY large search engine also has a USA phone number service tied to its email (inbound and outbound text and phone calls).  The fun part is that you need access to a text inside the US to get connected, so may need to get into live chat with a friend there to assist.  I have a US cell phone, so added my number when I was visiting the US.
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

Ivyman

Re: How Do You Guys Receive Mail and Phone Messages Back Home?
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2024, 09:36:30 PM »
1. I see.

All solutions are difficult for me.

2. I am not sure if there is a "pay 50 USD a month; we will do all this for you" type deal.