Finally out of Beijing!

• 7 replies

Tuco

• Let me go and I'll pardon you.
Finally out of Beijing!
« on: October 30, 2013, 04:33:39 AM »
Well guess it has been a long 11 years......I can stop crying wolf now and say that I am out of here!

Me and the wifey are heading back to her hometown then probably in a few more years back to the states.  I wish I could say my boss is as excited as I am hahaha :)

I hate to give up the most lax job I ever had with a very good boss but the family deserves to live in fresh air. So, I hope that where I am going is going to be an improvement...

Fuzhou..

anyone out there? hit me up with info.

The reason we decided, well I did mostly, was that we're also expecting twins!! :) beers, beers agagagagag

I always said to her if she got pregnant that its time to leave. And that's what happened.
Cool...except i have about 0% guanxi there.  glad to know my beijing gx will hold for awhile.

@con - hey bro you still around?

I haven't had time for any online stuff because I work with the damn machine and prefer to be doing other things like riding or astronomy.

another advantage of fuzhou over beijing. minus the rain

i know it rains there a lot.
the southern houses do not have heaters
its a 3rd tier city so i can't expect to find much
they haven't finished their first subway..yet
housing still hasn't gone out of the atmosphere......has it?

i can expect to find laowai everywhere in china. I know there is a big concentration at Normal Un. there. studying chinese.

almost 11 years total in the jing....what a freaking nightmare this city turned into.

eee

anyway, hope all are well, plugged in and ready because I think this is going to be a trip..

moving to a new city after a decade is quite serious to me. life has been pretty damn good for me in Beijing, and its hard to walk away from it.

I have no idea what to expect in Fuzhou. New friends, jobs, kids and life.

boom..what happened? i was just playing the guitar when........:)

Anyway, if ANYONE lives in FUZHOU please hit me up. i wanna get some background on it.

ive been there at least 5 times but those were always short visits.

tea time everyone

:)

:alcoholic:
When you have shoot, shoot, don't talk.

Re: Finally out of Beijing!
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2013, 05:01:16 AM »
Wow, twins! Congrats Tuco!

We left Beijing a couple of months ago too ... I actually kind of miss it, but the atmosphere there is just not healthy. Small(ish) town living takes some readjustment but the clean air makes it all worth it.

Good luck in Fuzhou!

Tuco

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2013, 01:17:32 PM »
I think that the air is more than enough reason to leave Beijing. 

I was talking to the guys from Tang dynasty(I'm a musician) and asked them to compare the Beijing air today to 10, 20, 30 years ago.

They all said it is far worse.

I got a great job here in Beijing, but that is gonna go bye bye. Unless the boss gives me a work from home job(keep dreaming, I know). So I will have to go back to teaching.

So you left as well huh? Good!! I think that many people are taking off. With damn good reason.

House prices, food prices, crowds, noise and on top of it a shit air. not worth staying.

:)

can't wait to get out of here. Winter is coming and that means more coal burning.
when will they fix this issue???!!

I was talking to my friend at the tourism bureau and Beijing saw a drop of 35% of foreign visitors compared to the previous 2 years.

oh well. not my city

thanks dude

agagagagag

piglet

• Piglet's House
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2013, 03:48:05 PM »
Hey Tuco good luck and welcome to Fujian!  agagagagag If you fancy some sea and sun hop on the train and meet us down in Xiamen u can couchsurf us our apartment is huge.  bfbfbfbfbf
For people who like peace and quiet - a phoneless cord

Tuco

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2013, 07:21:29 PM »
alright!!!!! couch surfin' fujian style.

i see some tea and sea food in our future

psd4fan

• 在哈尔滨黑龙江中国
    • WillExcel TESOL
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2013, 02:45:08 PM »
Congrats on everything especially the twins. Get sleep while you can. ahahahahah ahahahahah ahahahahah

Tuco

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2013, 04:06:45 PM »
 bibibibibi
yea i have been working on that now haha

thanks all

Nolefan

• Lord of Avalon
  • 八九不离十
    • Catania Vibe
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2013, 11:30:58 AM »
congrats Tuco

With the advent of taobao and jd.com, living outside of the big cities is no longer a nightmare as far as getting some of those goodies that make life better.
alors régressons fatalement, eternellement. Des débutants, avec la peur comme exutoire à l'ignorance et Alzheimer en prof d'histoire de nos enfances!
- Random food, music and geek tales from the Catania, Sicily: http://ctvibe.com