You guys will understand :)

• 11 replies

Motzie

You guys will understand :)
« on: May 02, 2007, 10:04:07 PM »
As I am in my second/third year of A Teaching degree I have to do prac, I've delivered lessons before but only to little whipper snappers (year 2 and below) this semester is the first time I've been in a upper primary class, year 7. Not only was I a tad nervous about the attitude of the kids, the lesson the teacher decided I needed to do was on Percentages!!!! Arggghhh I failed Maths at school...for a good reason I seriously struggle with Maths, however after all the nerves and stress, there was even a sleepless night in there, I did the lesson yesterday, didn't go entirely to plan but the kids were great and the teacher happy with the outcome, what a fantastic feeling   acacacacac  None of my friends here understand how much of a rush it is to teach a successful lesson...just thought I'd share it with you guys  bgbgbgbgbg

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
  • "Be specific if you order the mushrooms!"
Re: You guys will understand :)
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2007, 10:05:59 PM »
Thanks for sharing, Motzie. Enjoy the nice warm glow.  agagagagag
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

"Here in China we aren't just teaching...
we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)

George

• My view of China
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2007, 10:14:11 PM »
Great feeling when things work and you can see something dawning in their otherwise vacant eyes!
The higher they fly, the fewer!    http://neilson.aminus3.com/

Motzie

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2007, 10:19:07 PM »
George, the dawning in their little eyes was probably the best part  bfbfbfbfbf  I was bale to integrate a card game based on 'go fish' at the end and it was hit as well...they enjoyed just as much as i did  bfbfbfbfbf

AMonk

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2007, 12:04:51 AM »
When you rock...you ROCK!!!!

Please can you give details of how your version of that game is played?  I will "thief" any good ideas, you know.
Moderation....in most things...

Newbs

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2007, 01:11:32 AM »
Well done, Motzie.  Keep up the good work. agagagagag

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2007, 04:02:50 AM »
Here's to you, Motzie!  agagagagag Welcome to our world!

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2007, 06:44:33 PM »
I always say that the recipe for a great lesson is three parts preparation, two parts naked terror. Or,in smileys:
 bebebebebe bebebebebe bebebebebe aoaoaoaoao aoaoaoaoao

And sucking at a subject, IMHO, makes you better at teaching it.  You're better at understanding the difficulties your students have in learning the material.

Congrats, Motzie.  teaching is indeed a rush when you do it well. iiiiiiiiii 
And there is no liar like the indignant man... -Nietszche

Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task. -William James

englishmoose.com

Eagle

• Through a Jungian Lens
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2007, 02:13:03 AM »
Way to go Motzie!  And so begins a love affair with teaching!  I retired after 32 years of teaching in order to be here in China .... teaching - LOL!
“… whatever reality may be, it will to some extent be shaped by the lens
through which we see it.” (James Hollis)

Loops

• Foaming at the Mouth Saloon Guardian
  • Drinkin' like it's goin' outta style!!!
    • 2002 AD BMW Fansite
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2007, 03:29:10 AM »
...wait 'til ya get the vacant, nose pickin' stares...then you've hit paydirt!  llllllllll
75% Stupid, 25% Alright

gengrant

• Go Phoenix
    • School Website
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2007, 03:34:27 AM »
the recipe for a great lesson is three parts preparation, two parts naked terror.

Yep..."those who fail to plan, plan to fail," or as I like to say "when in doubt, wing it!"

Keep it up; you'll only become more cynical from here on out.   llllllllll  J/K.  Glad to hear you're doing it!   agagagagag
It\'s all good...unless it\'s moldy...then it\'s bad.

Bugalugs

• If we are what we eat, I'm easy, fast, and cheap.
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2007, 08:52:44 PM »
Good going, those first few class are always the toughest, sounds like you did wonderfully.

Cheers
Good girls are made from sugar and spice, I am made from Vodka and ice

Do you have and ID Ten T error??