We Got 'GONGED!

• 80 replies
Re: We Got 'GONGED!
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2007, 01:51:01 AM »
Might be best if I refrain from comment here in the future.  Turns out I'm still punchy about this.
And there is no liar like the indignant man... -Nietszche

Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task. -William James

englishmoose.com

Eagle

• Through a Jungian Lens
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2007, 02:06:43 AM »
Truth is "we got gonged".  None of us came here to ride white horses in an attempt to set China right according to some personal dogma.  Those that come here riding white horses and wearing white hats with the intention of making all right with the world have a huge problem and need to get back home for some serious help.  They need glasses which would actually let them see that is not right in Kansas either.

God save us from missionaries and do-gooders!  They will be the death of us yet.
“… whatever reality may be, it will to some extent be shaped by the lens
through which we see it.” (James Hollis)

« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2007, 03:56:54 PM »
Not the F*G*  bqbqbqbqbq  head that almost got Con into jail and could have got the Saloon black listed.  That is what this thread was about.
Be kind to dragons for thou are crunchy when roasted and taste good with brie.

Lotus Eater

• buk-buk..b'kaaaawww!
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2007, 04:00:59 PM »
At least they are better than door to door preachers or salesmen!

Same people - different country! Here they prey on the students vulnerabilities, selling a particular belief (FG, Christianity, whatever)  to 'save' them.

« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2007, 09:26:48 PM »
and make students suicidal. aoaoaoaoao

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2007, 10:43:43 AM »

Happily, no one in China complained when I preached on the street corners for the cult that spends long hours prayerfully observing the amazing beauty of Gong Li.   bfbfbfbfbf

I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

AMonk

« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2007, 11:50:40 AM »
 bkbkbkbkbk axaxaxaxax
Moderation....in most things...

« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2007, 11:13:08 PM »

Happily, no one in China complained when I preached on the street corners for the cult that spends long hours prayerfully observing the amazing beauty of Gong Li.   bfbfbfbfbf

Hmm..that does give a whole new meaning to the phrase "getting Gonged"  afafafafaf Sounds like a delightful cult.
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

"It's all oojah cum spiffy". Bertie Wooster.
"The stars are God's daisy chain" Madeleine Bassett.

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
  • "Be specific if you order the mushrooms!"
« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2007, 11:21:22 PM »
We've (WELL before the last poster) also given a whole new meaning to the phrase "on-topic".
Do you kids want I should stop this car right now and come back there? hhhhhhhhhh
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

"Here in China we aren't just teaching...
we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)

« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2009, 01:51:05 PM »
Just another bunch of nuts shelling there stuff
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 10:36:40 PM by spuglyfuglet »
Yours
Spugly Fugley
(I am Dyslexic sorry for any spelling and Grammar Mistakes)

George

• My view of China
« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2009, 02:28:23 PM »
 mmmmmmmmmm First we got DaDan, and now here comes Spugly! mmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmm Oh well, I guess it'll come to me....eventually!
The higher they fly, the fewer!    http://neilson.aminus3.com/

Lotus Eater

• buk-buk..b'kaaaawww!
« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2009, 02:40:39 PM »
Spugly - we have a reasonable number of non-smokers so you'll be OK in that category, we have  a few non-drinkers, so there will be a couple of people sitting around the saloon with their glasses filled with green tea, not the revolting civet-juice we loving call 'alcohol' in these parts. 

You seem to have passed on most other criteria - although the spelling is going to drive George nuts, and if you really want to hear bad words keep misplacing/ignoring apostrophes!!  ahahahahah

Welcome, and have a green tea on my tab.

Schnerby

« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2009, 02:48:15 PM »

Now I'm not going to start drinking again been off it to long to start again now.

Phew, what woul dyour posts be like with alcohol mixed in?  aoaoaoaoao
 ahahahahah ahahahahah ahahahahah

Perhaps save the athiest ranting for the BS pit. Actually perhaps just save the ranting. There are people here of all opinions and that's the way we like it.  bfbfbfbfbf

« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2009, 04:08:37 PM »
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 10:37:37 PM by spuglyfuglet »
Yours
Spugly Fugley
(I am Dyslexic sorry for any spelling and Grammar Mistakes)

Stil

• ChangshaNotes
« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2009, 04:11:11 PM »
Spugs, You'll have no problem with people thinking you are religious nut just because you don't drink or smoke.

However, from reading your post, you might have problems with people thinking you are an all-round nut. TIFC (This is f****** China) though, so you'll blend right in.

Not drinking at the saloon can easily be overcome buy buying rounds for the rest of us. Since you don't drink any more and it could be uncomfortable for you to buy drinks, I'll take care of this annoyance for you. Just give me all your money and everything will be smoooooth sailing.  bfbfbfbfbf