Kindle alternatives

• 19 replies

old34

Re: Kindle alternatives
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2012, 05:06:37 AM »
And then came the iPad Mini.... ahahahahah ahahahahah ahahahahah
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad. - B. O'Driscoll.
TIC is knowing that, in China, your fruit salad WILL come with cherry tomatoes AND all slathered in mayo. - old34.

« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2012, 03:42:04 PM »
Yeah it turns out the Fire doesn't have eink, I thought it was standard on all Kindles when I ordered it, I guess I should have looked into it a bit more.

My fire HD arrived yesterday, I've been playing with it and so far I'm very impressed. I put a few books on it to try it out and it seems fine, even without the eink. I haven't really done much reading on it yet but it was easy on the eyes for the hour or so last night I used it.

I can see this being one of those things I can't believe I lived without for so long.  ahahahahah

caley1313

• DH Allison, MBA, TESL
    • My Photo Gatherings
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2012, 09:05:06 AM »
Thought I'd jump in as I've just purchased an e-reader and like it much. It's the Nook, bought from a Walmart here in the USA and very, very nice. Features Wifi and lots of storage and got it with a nice backlight for under $100 US. I'd recommend these if they're carrying them over your way. Cheers, from North Carolina where the Frankenstorm has just made its pass. Actually, it was a bit of a pussy, but I hear New York is in for the storm of a lifetime.
Carpe Diem, mi amigo, or...Seize the Big Fish as they say here in Carolina

« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2012, 10:07:27 PM »
If any of you folks are looking for both a phone and an e-reader, look no further than the Samsung Galaxy Note 2.

I recently got one, and the large screen is excellent for reading books.

(Currently reading: Bill Bryson - A Short History of Nearly Everything)

« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2012, 01:53:40 AM »
That looks like a good book. I have it on my kindle ready to read when I finish the 2 I'm reading now.