Hong N English School in SUZHOU

• 22 replies
Re: Hong N English School in SUZHOU
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2009, 05:52:00 PM »
dudes dont listen to joe, he is an angry monkey and know not of what he speaks. :)

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
  • "Be specific if you order the mushrooms!"
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2009, 07:51:21 PM »
Not so sure, Nik. I had long face-to-face conversations with Joe, a pretty together guy, around the time all this went down. I think the monkey had some pretty good reasons to be angry... asasasasas
Pretty much dashed any hopes I might have held that the dreaded Mr. Ma had genuinely reformed himself. bibibibibi
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

"Here in China we aren't just teaching...
we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2009, 08:51:13 PM »
yes well i was there while it happened and repeatedly talked to joe about. theres no denying he got the short end of an ugly prodding stick, but his experince doesnt reflect everyones and joe will be the first to admit that he isnt the easiest teacher to work with :P (love you joe if you read this)xx

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2009, 05:16:22 AM »
theres no denying he got the short end of an ugly prodding stick

No...IMHO there isn't, and therein lies the rub.
Prickly or not, from what I got Joe's real crime here was a simple failure to quietly bend over like a good little bitch when confronted with some totally unreasonable demands.

To be considered a good school, ALL teachers there should be treated fairly...and Joe was not. "Hong N: Don't worry, only some  teachers will be singled out for a screwing!" is not exactly a ringing endorsement.
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)

joe.thinker

• kaleidoscope sex on a sea of cat fur
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2009, 09:47:34 AM »
Ah, I see the debate continues  bjbjbjbjbj

Right - Nikki-Nik has a point: I'm passive-agressive at best, downright vile at worst; a skilled listener, and a manipulative communicator; I can don my own blank-slate-face, and appear to be sorry when inside I'm calling you every name in the book. And I have no shame about communicating that fact on here now, not when I'm miles away with no intent of return.

I posted what I did the day I stepped back on non-Chinese soil. I stand by my comments, though I should say (in humility) that I don't know if the situation has improved. From talks with RD, and others from YEARS ago who experienced Mr I-Want-You-To- :lickass:, I can't imagine it has.

RD has a point, twisted as it may be, about their apparent motto. However, I fully admit where I went wrong, and what I did to get the treatment I did:

I said no.

Fair and simple, people, that's what set in motion the HELL of an experience it was. Looking back, now, six-months post hoc, I can trace the pattern back to the first time I told that man: 'Wow, uh, euh, geeze, uh, I don't, uh, think I'm the, uh, eeks, best person you, uh, erm, uh, could find, uh, you know, for this, ai-yo, class ...........'

Silence. Silence. Silence. OK – let the raping begin.

That being said, it still does ring this far true with me: Mr Ma, that school, the foreigner who is 'for the foreigners' working there, the overall abject approach to the treatment of a human life, the attempt at a complete removal of my human-based dignity, the smearing of mine - and others' - names, well … like I said: six-months later, I'm still so irate that when I think about it I never ever ever ever in a million bazillion years want to even THINK about going back to China again. I have good days of good memories, and even think: 'I could go back, give it another shot, get a ...' and I trail off at 'job' out of complete fear/hatred of the possibility I'd be working for a man like Ma.

Ma - or anyone associated with him - if you're reading this: GOOD JOB. YOU'VE COMPLETELY TURNED A PERSON OFF TO A COUNTRY.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 11:37:02 PM by joe.thinker »
something with upside down question marks, accents under "c" and prolific punctuation will do

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2011, 09:28:26 PM »
anyone associated with him - if you're reading this:

Oh, they do, they do. A few months back I got e-mail from someone at this school suggesting it might be healthier for me if this thread came down.

As Joe would put it, I said no. cccccccccc

Stil

• ChangshaNotes
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2011, 11:58:27 PM »
Well that was a stupid email. It brought a 2.5 year old negative thread about their school back to life. A zombie thread.

Nice way to say no Raoul.  bfbfbfbfbf

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2011, 04:23:53 AM »
Aw, shucks, just doin' my job. bjbjbjbjbj

I think it's important that this thread stay alive; the management at this school has a track record that's much too long and much too evil. The leopard had a chance to change his spots, and doesn't seem to be doing so. kkkkkkkkkk

I went to Yahoo and searched the words "Hong N Suzhou." The first hit was on Hong N's website.
The second hit was this thread. Long may it wave. uuuuuuuuuu