Introductions

• 1851 replies

piglet

• Piglet's House
Re: Introductions
« Reply #1755 on: December 11, 2013, 09:31:47 PM »
Welcome Bahamoth,Edwin and Si Mao! Wow the Fire eating thing is getting me now! I would love to do that in front of my students!  aoaoaoaoao
Good luck in the Muddled Kingdom to all of yous. agagagagag
For people who like peace and quiet - a phoneless cord

AMonk

« Reply #1756 on: December 11, 2013, 11:14:22 PM »
Hello Bahamoth agagagagag  Nice to have you on board

PM privileges come once you begin posting a bit more and join in on conversations ... or simply start Asking Questions bfbfbfbfbf
Moderation....in most things...

« Reply #1757 on: December 12, 2013, 12:24:27 AM »
Hello Bahamoth agagagagag  Nice to have you on board

PM privileges come once you begin posting a bit more and join in on conversations ... or simply start Asking Questions bfbfbfbfbf

Okay, why is the sky blue?

For you to insult me, first I must value your opinion

psd4fan

• 在哈尔滨黑龙江中国
    • WillExcel TESOL
« Reply #1758 on: December 12, 2013, 03:35:57 AM »

[/quote]

Okay, why is the sky blue?

[/quote]
What fantasy magical not located in China land do you live in?  bibibibibi

Stil

• ChangshaNotes
« Reply #1759 on: December 12, 2013, 04:34:00 AM »

« Reply #1760 on: December 12, 2013, 01:28:08 PM »
Ah, that makes sense then!
Thank you for the welcome.
I've primarily been using the website as a way of doing research on schools that have vacancies.
I don't have TOO much to say yet. I'm sure once I've got my job in China then I will start to have more to say.
I experienced a lot when I was in China before, but I think I have erased much of it from my mind. I'm sure as soon as I'm back, it will all flood back! In the mean time, I will try to be as vocal as I can and trawl through the threads looking for ones I can contribute to.

« Reply #1761 on: December 13, 2013, 12:35:37 PM »
Welcome Bahamoth! agagagagag I look forward to hearing about your experiences in China. bfbfbfbfbf

« Reply #1762 on: March 07, 2014, 10:54:03 PM »
Hi all! I'm coffeepresto, but I'm technically not new to the forums. At the risk of sounding creepy, I will admit that I have been lurking this forum for a while because there's a plethora of info about China, the community here strikes me as way more supportive and down to earth than other places, and I miss China so much!! I lived in China for two years. Now, I'm back in the States with my husband, who is studying here. It's been pretty interesting, but the China life is special, isn't it? And it's hard to shed the expat identity. Anyway, reading the forum is a pleasant nostalgia trip. I look forward to continue reading about your experiences, Salooners!

Borkya

« Reply #1763 on: March 07, 2014, 11:02:09 PM »
Welcome! Glad you came out of the shadows.

When were you in china and what part?

« Reply #1764 on: March 08, 2014, 04:55:54 AM »
Love the moniker, welcome (again I guess) We didn't see you there in the shadows the first time

« Reply #1765 on: March 08, 2014, 08:19:03 PM »
Thanks! I lived in Dalian from 2010-2012. I went back last summer, though; it's convenient that my husband is from there, we always have a reason to go back. As for the moniker, it's my drug of choice.

« Reply #1766 on: March 08, 2014, 08:31:35 PM »
Then you should check out http://raoulschinasaloon.com/index.php?topic=8237.0

I think I have personally kept both the Kenyan and Costa Rican economies afloat

« Reply #1767 on: May 13, 2014, 05:00:18 AM »
I've been finding a wealth of information here, and just wanted to officially introduce myself and thank you for providing clear, forthright information.  I'm currently in the US but hope to start teaching in September, preferably in a university.

I don't have a lot to contribute at this point but hope to soon.

Cheers!

"I believe in using words, not fists. I believe in my outrage knowing people are living in boxes on the street. I believe in honesty. I believe in a good time. I believe in good food. I believe in sex."--Bertrand Russell

gonzo

« Reply #1768 on: May 13, 2014, 05:12:50 PM »
Greetings. I'm one of the oldest hands, but while I'm not in China anymore I'm still involved in what has become "the industry". University is a good, supported starting point in China. Not great - some lazy students, crazy and corrupt administration etc, but a realistic introduction to a fascinatingly maddening society.
Keep posting!
RIP Phil Stephens.
No static at all.

Nolefan

• Lord of Avalon
  • 八九不离十
    • Catania Vibe
« Reply #1769 on: May 13, 2014, 06:56:50 PM »
I've been finding a wealth of information here, and just wanted to officially introduce myself and thank you for providing clear, forthright information.  I'm currently in the US but hope to start teaching in September, preferably in a university.

I don't have a lot to contribute at this point but hope to soon.

Cheers!

Welcome to the Saloon, it's a fun friendly place with tons of good people and....Stil  aoaoaoaoao aoaoaoaoao beware, he lurks around.

Uni is always a good place to start teaching IMHO. easy hours, enough time to discover and learn new things, good for a first year if money is not the highest priority.
alors régressons fatalement, eternellement. Des débutants, avec la peur comme exutoire à l'ignorance et Alzheimer en prof d'histoire de nos enfances!
- Random food, music and geek tales from the Catania, Sicily: http://ctvibe.com