Movie/film thread: resurrected

• 2327 replies
Re: Movie/film thread: resurrected
« Reply #375 on: December 12, 2007, 09:36:50 PM »
I watched Zathura, a sort of sequel to Jumanji, but much better, it's very sci-fi style and reminiscent of all the great 80s kids films like Flight of the Navigator etc. :)
It is too early to say.

kcanuck

• Canadian Stop Sign
« Reply #376 on: December 12, 2007, 11:20:33 PM »
Watched Jodie Foster's newest, The Brave One.
Female turns vigilante, not bad.  I'm a fan of hers but she's been in better.
I am still learning. Michelangelo

« Reply #377 on: December 13, 2007, 12:08:58 AM »
I like Zathura much better than Jumanji.
Be kind to dragons for thou are crunchy when roasted and taste good with brie.

« Reply #378 on: December 13, 2007, 12:13:27 AM »
Rewatched Office Space last night, and howled.  Again.  God, I love that flick.
And there is no liar like the indignant man... -Nietszche

Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task. -William James

englishmoose.com

kcanuck

• Canadian Stop Sign
« Reply #379 on: December 15, 2007, 03:16:40 AM »
I just finished Stardust, a fantasy movie a la Princess Bride plus more.  It was over two hours long and quite entertaining if you're into something light.
I am still learning. Michelangelo

« Reply #380 on: December 16, 2007, 06:48:39 AM »
Last movie I watched? I don't count the music video today... So, I will have to say with chagrin, Black Sheep. It was really a corny movie... Ha! I could have spent my time in a much more productive way...  ssssssssss

« Reply #381 on: December 16, 2007, 07:31:42 AM »
I just finished Stardust, a fantasy movie a la Princess Bride plus more.  It was over two hours long and quite entertaining if you're into something light.

Am watching this right now. :)
It is too early to say.

Mr Nobody

• This isn't Kansas, Toto.
« Reply #382 on: December 16, 2007, 05:20:02 PM »
Just finished watching a bunch of live concerts or music videos by various bands I liked way back.

Tull, Floyd, Alice Cooper, a few others.

Man, Live at Pompeii still kicks ass. Cooper is disappointing. I don't remember his shows being so ... lame. Tull, of course, is Tull. But they did get pretty lame for a while there, too.
Just another roadkill on the information superhighway.

« Reply #383 on: December 19, 2007, 07:20:14 PM »
Watched UNderworld with Kate Beckinsale.  That black rubber suit!  afafafafaf  The action was okay, the acting disappointing.  I got the sequel as a package deal, so I'll see more vampires vs. werewolves tonight.
And there is no liar like the indignant man... -Nietszche

Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task. -William James

englishmoose.com

« Reply #384 on: December 19, 2007, 09:36:16 PM »
Watched a film called The Man From Earth.  Very low budget philosophical film about a bloke who is 10,000 years old.  Pretty interesting.  It's available on torrents.  The director is actually pleased if people download it because it means it will get viewed more and hence more attention on DVD in the long run.  Recommended if you like things that will piss off the Christian fundy right :-D
It is too early to say.

Nolefan

• Lord of Avalon
  • 八九不离十
    • Catania Vibe
« Reply #385 on: December 19, 2007, 09:51:02 PM »
Watched UNderworld with Kate Beckinsale.  That black rubber suit!  afafafafaf  The action was okay, the acting disappointing.  I got the sequel as a package deal, so I'll see more vampires vs. werewolves tonight.

The first underworld was one of the nicest vampire movies I had seen in a long long long time. I throughly enjoyed it!
The second one left a bit to be desired in comparison but was nevertheless ok... There is talk of the 3rd installment of the series being out soon and I'm looking forward to that one as well... good stuff!

there is another one out there that came out about 2 months ago, "30 days night" that I have not seen yet but will definitely look for when I get the chance
alors régressons fatalement, eternellement. Des débutants, avec la peur comme exutoire à l'ignorance et Alzheimer en prof d'histoire de nos enfances!
- Random food, music and geek tales from the Catania, Sicily: http://ctvibe.com

Lotus Eater

• buk-buk..b'kaaaawww!
« Reply #386 on: December 22, 2007, 01:37:09 AM »
Finished the Summer Heights High DVDs - gob smacked occasionally about the program but can see why it took over Oz.

Now watching Firefly - LOVE it.  Where can I get the music - anyone have it?

Mr Nobody

• This isn't Kansas, Toto.
« Reply #387 on: December 22, 2007, 02:13:35 AM »
Joss Whedon's firefly? the tv series that they didn't finish ? Or did he get to do a new one after the movie? In the original series, think he wrote and played the music himself.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2007, 02:15:18 AM by Mr Nobody »
Just another roadkill on the information superhighway.

« Reply #388 on: December 22, 2007, 02:49:44 AM »
Criminally, he never got to do another one.

Why is it that in the US, a lot of really shit serieses go on and on and on and on (Friends, anyone) while good stuff gets cancelled?
It is too early to say.

Lotus Eater

• buk-buk..b'kaaaawww!
« Reply #389 on: December 22, 2007, 03:22:17 AM »
Yep that one.  It's good.  But I want to download the music.