Movie/film thread: resurrected

• 2327 replies
Re: Movie/film thread: resurrected
« Reply #225 on: July 05, 2007, 06:24:27 AM »
I liked the first 2 thirds of Seraphim Falls after that is just went off the deep end for me.  It needed a much better third act.

The things we touch have no permanence.

solongtinik

• tryin to complete my life's journey
« Reply #226 on: July 05, 2007, 05:40:10 PM »
when i got home i was worried that pirated dvds would be much expensive here but i was wrong..it's just that cthe copies in china are much better than what we have here.

im waiting for the season 3 of PRISON BREAK!

im watching HEROES now
if he does not struggle against what is wrong-even if it seems beyond his strength-he will bever find the right road

moon over parma

« Reply #227 on: July 05, 2007, 06:55:42 PM »
This morning I watched a quirky drama from 1980 called CARNY with Jodie Foster, Robbie Robertson (from The Band) and Gary Busey. Foster's a small town chick tired of its trappings so she shooks up with two barkers (Busey and Robertson) and joins the dying fraternity of a traveling carnival. It would make a great double-bill with Clint Eastwood's charming BRONCO BILLY (also from 1980).
« Last Edit: July 06, 2007, 07:32:09 AM by moon over parma »

« Reply #228 on: July 05, 2007, 08:15:00 PM »
when i got home i was worried that pirated dvds would be much expensive here but i was wrong..it's just that cthe copies in china are much better than what we have here.

im waiting for the season 3 of PRISON BREAK!

im watching HEROES now

Really?  In the UK the pirates cost about 3 quid (45 RMB or so) which is a lot more than the 6-12 RMB we pay in China...
It is too early to say.

« Reply #229 on: July 06, 2007, 08:44:34 AM »
Just finished NEXT and GHOST RIDER. Both with Nicolas Cage. Both are not bad on my opinion. Especially NEXT. Haven't read the book but I liked the movie.

« Reply #230 on: July 06, 2007, 09:33:28 PM »
NEXT had a good spin on seeing into the future, I liked it.

I just finished -

Until Death - Van Damne, it was ok if you're a fan of him, Wake of Death was much better.

Grandma's Boy - about a 35 year old video game tester, it had a few laughs and some decent gags, nothing special.

Now I'm working my way through Digging For The Truth season 1 from the History Channel... so far the Mayans were not nice people...
The things we touch have no permanence.

« Reply #231 on: July 06, 2007, 09:51:32 PM »
It's raining as usual and I have to dog-sit in a remote cottage up north. Time to watch that Clint Eastwood Iwo Jima double feature thing.
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

"It's all oojah cum spiffy". Bertie Wooster.
"The stars are God's daisy chain" Madeleine Bassett.

« Reply #232 on: July 07, 2007, 05:49:01 AM »
I would but it seems that walking up to ladies and asking them to come to a remote cottage is creepy. Who knew? Besides, ladies tend not to appreciate the unwritten law that, when watching war movies or anything action-packed involving mr. Eastwood, silence is not only golden, it is mandatory. And there is also a dog in the cottage and I can really only deal with incessant, random, flighty demands from one side, so it's just going to be the usual Friday night, packed with gory violence and trying to convince myself that having a social life is a nasty illness that strikes other, less perfect people agagagagag agagagagag
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

« Reply #233 on: July 07, 2007, 10:03:36 PM »
Hmm...so Canada not only has a beautiful natural wilderness, incredibly big bookstores filled with English books but also ladies who appreciate the genius that is Eastwood westerns/Dirty Harry/Kelly's Heroes? That thing about bridges in some county is not to spoken of...I'm going to Canada in two months and, from what you tell me, I may be hard pressed to find an excuse to go home.
The Iwo Jima movies were brilliant by the way.

AMonk

« Reply #234 on: July 07, 2007, 11:40:55 PM »
The Iwo Jima movies were brilliant by the way.

I loved Kelly's Heroes, and Heartbreak Ridge.  The Every Which Way duos were good, too.......Just that Sondra Locke girl was drippy.

Glad to know the Iwo Jima films are worth the $$$.  I'll get them for the Summer with a clear conscience, now that I know they're worth a LookSee.  Thanks for the recommendation, Eric.
Moderation....in most things...

moon over parma

« Reply #235 on: July 07, 2007, 11:47:42 PM »
I loved Kelly's Heroes, and Heartbreak Ridge

No WHERE EAGLES DARE?  apapapapap

AMonk

« Reply #236 on: July 08, 2007, 01:00:16 AM »
Had to go and check what "Eagles" was about.....haven't watched that one in A-g-e-s!  It came out about the same time as Dirty Dozen, didn't it?  I seem to remember preferring Great Escape and Dirty Dozen to the Eagles.
Moderation....in most things...

« Reply #237 on: July 08, 2007, 02:22:46 AM »
The Last of Mimzy was cute. Watched just now Pirates of Carribean 3. It was much better than 2, indeed. And Jonny is such a hottie!  cbcbcbcbcb

moon over parma

« Reply #238 on: July 08, 2007, 02:56:51 AM »
It's a double-bill of CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST and the chick gang flick SWITCHBLADE SISTERS for MOP. No Disney or kiddie flicks in these here parts. qqqqqqqqqq

« Reply #239 on: July 08, 2007, 06:48:46 AM »
Where Eagles Dare is one of my favourite movies too. Though the best ones are the Man With No Name trilogy...
Tonight is all about Gettysburg and, if time permits, Waterloo. Christopher Plummer as Wellington, the charge of the Scots Greys, the last charge of the Old Guard...gotta love it!