Worst Ad Eva

• 39 replies

BrandeX

Re: Worst Ad Eva
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2013, 06:41:00 PM »
Uhh, who is the commercial for? Presumably the Japanese, so why is he explaining who Hatsune Miku is and what a vocaloid is, when they are hugely famous?

« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2013, 07:07:55 PM »
Is there another way to make the connection to pizza? The Miku image exists everywhere, and the personality construct is formally owned by Crypton media, but the continuity and development of that personality is effectively owned by all those people who've been using the tool for the last five years. That is, they will act to distort any imagery and direction made up for some advertising campaign. So you put a dork in a pink tie and have him explain the context like he's talking to children. Then the otakus inside the company take over. The real media campaign is whatever the Dominos otakus do as members of the vocaloid community (with their pizza business interests present as nearly invisible strands in the background). The dork in the pink tie is still needed though. Someone has to go public and drag in the wider audience. If the Dominos otakus where to start advertising directly in-community, they'd lose cred.

The dork in the tie isn't really explaining who Hatsune Miku is. He's explaining that Dominos is part of the Miku community now and therefore that Miku lovers can eat pizza like it's food.

#madeuptheories
when ur a roamin', do as the settled do o_0

« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2013, 01:56:44 AM »
I wonder also if they didn't use the dude in the suit to make it clear to everyone that they are into kyoooooot pop miku only. That'd be a bit weird. But, this being Japanese, there are some pretty weird cool Miku adaptions out there. Calne Ca for one. (She sings Bacterial Contamination.) And a bunch of metal or pop-metal stuff under names like Hagane Miku. (For eg Corpse Attack.)

I dunno. Maybe they didn't think it that far ahead. I *think* their real deal is what they do after the ad (or what they've been building up in community currency on which the ad is like a pimple). Imma claim something like this is the way advertisers will work in the future, post-mass marketing. It'd work in China too I think. (or it already does only it's just used on nationalism at the moment.)

#yourmom

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2013, 08:03:47 PM »
Virtual girl - looks cute, but you can't ever really touch her.
Cardboard pizza - looks real, but contains no actual flavor or nutrients.  Would probably be better if you couldn't really touch it.

I guess I can sort of see the connection now.
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2013, 08:57:49 PM »

« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2013, 10:50:04 PM »
So I watched the first episode of Black Mirror.

NOT WHAT I WAS EXPECTING

Monkey King

« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2013, 01:48:48 AM »
Yeah that's kind of why I was surprised it was "big in China"...did they really show that on Chinese TV?  If so, how did they translate the "...f**k a pig live on national television..." line?  I can see how it could be fairly powerful anti-Western propaganda though...

« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2013, 01:12:19 AM »

« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2013, 02:26:05 AM »
MMD 1st MOMI Cup

Worlds collide.

« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2013, 01:01:59 AM »
Miku vs McD

Conflicted.