Mailing DVD's

• 6 replies

gonzo

Mailing DVD's
« on: September 22, 2007, 03:32:23 PM »
I'm assuming we're talking pirate 7Y DVDs here. You'd need to present the unsealed packet at China Post first. I doubt if they'll let you send them. Even if you did, they'd be checked out at the other end. The chance of them making the journey are minimal.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 03:04:59 AM by Raoul Duke »
RIP Phil Stephens.
No static at all.

Re: Mailing DVD's
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2007, 04:13:38 PM »
Send 1 or 2 with a T-shirt.  Claim t-shirt as gift, mention other souvenirs but don't elaborate.  If they arrive, repeat.  If they don't you are only out a buck. (plus postage).
Be kind to dragons for thou are crunchy when roasted and taste good with brie.

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2007, 05:02:32 PM »
We just sent about 5 back to someone in blighty, they got through no problem.  Probably, like everything else in China, depends on which particular office (or even which particular post office worker you deal with, which kind of penguin you have balancing on your head, which particular copy of the Bolivian Constitution you have sticking out of your pocket, etc)
It is too early to say.

Mr Nobody

• This isn't Kansas, Toto.
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2007, 04:16:22 AM »
I've sent dozens of the suckers, in big bundles and in small. All got through to Oz. Kilos of them.

We did send them with trinkets and other dross for chrissy presents, but we just wrote what they were on them and they got through.

Biggest complaint was that too many had bad sound due to being recorded in the theatre.
Just another roadkill on the information superhighway.

AMonk

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2007, 07:06:02 AM »
Missi....warn your sister that she will need to have a Universal Player, otherwise she will have trouble watching them.
Moderation....in most things...

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2007, 03:56:40 PM »
When you send to Canada, always mark as a gift.  Say Happy B'day, or happy ground hog day or whatever inside. You can send up to $60 as a gift with no duty.  You can send up to $20 with no duty and not saying it is a gift.

I imagine the US has similar rules.
Be kind to dragons for thou are crunchy when roasted and taste good with brie.

Mr Nobody

• This isn't Kansas, Toto.
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2007, 07:38:19 PM »
Similar to Aus too. Actually, I think it's $100 before you have to declare value, and up to $1000 before paying GST.
Just another roadkill on the information superhighway.