Movie/film thread: resurrected

• 2327 replies

moon over parma

Re: Movie/film thread: resurrected
« Reply #240 on: July 08, 2007, 07:12:55 AM »
Where Eagles Dare is one of my favourite movies too. Though the best ones are the Man With No Name trilogy...Scots Greys, the last charge of the Old Guard...gotta love it!

Actually, he has a name in the films. His name is Joe Manco. Alternately, he's refered to as "Blondie." The "Man With No Name" misnomer comes from the American promotion of the Leone/Eastwood films back in the sixties. "The Man with no name and the short cigar is Clint Eastwood.," etc. Ironic, since he had a name! ahahahahah

moon over parma

« Reply #241 on: July 10, 2007, 02:52:33 AM »
Today it's BAD LIEUTENANT with its original, SCHOOLY-D  music score (pre Led Zeppelin lawsuit) and the most recent episode of JOHN FROM CINCINNATI (more DEADWOOD folk are turning up on the show, which is a good thing, but David Milch can't capture that lightning in a bottle a second time; on a relevatory note, Ed O'Neill gives the best performance of his career in each and every episode).

« Last Edit: July 11, 2007, 12:55:10 AM by moon over parma »

« Reply #242 on: July 10, 2007, 02:56:31 AM »
Transformers today. Not a big fan of the story but what else is there to do on a Monday evening?
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

"It's all oojah cum spiffy". Bertie Wooster.
"The stars are God's daisy chain" Madeleine Bassett.

« Reply #243 on: July 10, 2007, 07:30:56 AM »
Transformers today. Not a big fan of the story but what else is there to do on a Monday evening?

It does look quite stonking as far as this sort of thing goes.  Good quality copy?
It is too early to say.

« Reply #244 on: July 10, 2007, 08:31:42 AM »
CD, I'm in Denmark, so the copy is the one shown in the cinema. Hopefully it'll be a good copy, with the absurd prices they demand for movie tickets these days..gosh...I just morphed into my Dad... agagagagag
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

« Reply #245 on: July 10, 2007, 09:33:28 PM »
Transformers is officially one of the best movies I have seen all year. Gigantic robots, everything that can be blown up is blown up and it's hilarious. I mean, it's really funny in the good way. When you come across a good copy of this, buy it! now I can only wait for Harry Potter (movie), Harry Potter (book) and Simpsons...the future holds good things...

« Reply #246 on: July 11, 2007, 12:34:25 AM »
For some reason it won't come out in the UK til 27th July (for some reason us limeys always get shafted in this regard).  So I can't see it in London when I'm in London for the first time in 4 years from 17th to 25th July.  asasasasas asasasasas asasasasas
It is too early to say.

« Reply #247 on: July 11, 2007, 12:52:36 AM »
Not to worry, the sweet pirates will furnish you with a copy before long.

« Reply #248 on: July 11, 2007, 03:37:07 AM »
I reckon it has to be one for the big screen, though.  It has arrived at the cinemas here in Dlaian.  Probably the sort of film that can be watched in a dubbed version with no probs!
It is too early to say.

« Reply #249 on: July 11, 2007, 04:07:05 AM »
I don't know. There are quite few funny lines in this movie.

moon over parma

« Reply #250 on: July 11, 2007, 05:38:01 AM »
For some reason it won't come out in the UK til 27th July (for some reason us limeys always get shafted in this regard).

It cuts both ways. Off the top of my head I can think of a few American films the "Limeys" got before the Americans:

LAND OF THE DEAD
GHOST DOG: WAY OF THE SAMURAI
and some that haven't been released in the U. S. some 8 years after the studios financed them, like Johnny Depp's THE BRAVE (f'n brilliant movie)
and some U. K. audiences were given a test screening of THE SIMPSONS MOVIE but none have surfaced in America.

We have yet to see Guy Ritchie's REVOLVER (2005) produced by Luc Besson, as well; but it's had a fair shake in the U. K

Mimi

« Reply #251 on: July 11, 2007, 06:58:35 PM »
I'm soooooooo excited for The Simpsons Movie.  And I have to say that, even though I was upset when some plans in China fell through, I was relieved to find out I would still be in the US when the next Harry Potter movie (and book) was released.

moon over parma

« Reply #252 on: July 11, 2007, 11:54:01 PM »
My dying, rustbelt corner of the world will get the movie, but not the KWIK-E MART mock-ups done to a handful of 7-11s around the country :(

"Who needs the Kwik-E Mart?"

"We doooooooooooooooooooooooooooo."

Lotus Eater

• buk-buk..b'kaaaawww!
« Reply #253 on: July 13, 2007, 06:05:01 AM »
Borat - tonight I watched this.  American friend told me that the DVD version I have has a lot more in it than the cinema version. But I was totally opened mouthed all the way through - from disbelief and hysteria.

Followed it up with some of the "Safanic Verses " - Safron vs God - which is also hysterical, and then "Kath and Kim" - again an absolute classic!

moon over parma

« Reply #254 on: July 13, 2007, 07:00:28 AM »
Borat - tonight I watched this.  American friend told me that the DVD version I have has a lot more in it than the cinema version. But I was totally opened mouthed all the way through - from disbelief and hysteria.

It's equal parts Norman Gunston and the late Andy Kaufman's "Foreign man," cranked up to 11.